Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the June Exercise Thread

Hi Ladies!

This morning I did a 30 minute fat burning TurboJam DVD and an Ab DVD. Tonight was going to do a stretching DVD but ended up chatting with my daughter on the phone for so long that I never got around to it. It's now about time to go to bed!

Got my haircut tonigh after work and boy did my hairdresser cut it short! Yikes! Thank goodness it has 8 weeks to grow before my trip else my BF would wonder which one of us has the most hair - and he's bald! HAHAHA

Talk to everyone soon!

Valued Contributor

Hi everyone! Just read all your posts. Haven't had any humidity here the past couple of days and I'm enjoying it.

I had a 20-mile day yesterday!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Not all running and not all at one time...but good enough for moi.Wink

I walked Lucy this morning, did the stairs to warm-up then went to the gym and did legs...ouch. Now I'm trying to decide if I should bike down to Castle Hill or run(leave Lucy in room) or walk down with Lucy.

Had a delicious dinner last night at the International Tennis Hall of Fame...used to be one of our favorite spots. We sat outside with Lucy, Newport is very dog-friendly...they're allowed a lot of places. She had a friend out there, well, that dog was trying to be friends but Lucy was not interested.

Judy...it will grow.Wink nomless...hope your week is going better. Hi HW...good to see you. Mtnbikegirl...enjoy your kids, I miss doing that stuff. MickD...I'm feeling tired today, think it's my allergies. Oh, and the fact that Lucy woke me up at 4:30...lol. bopper...I couldn't stand 77* in the house, I'd be standing in the refrigerator!{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Hope I didn't miss anyone...waving to everyone!

Respected Contributor

Morning, cooler today but its still humid...

Checking in with 21 day fix Total body Cardio Fix, had to modify more than the modifier on the Surrender ( for those who do this) as it hurt my knees to much so alternated lunges in stead. Then did day 3 of my Buns and Guns challenge of 2 sets of 15 squats, 7 push ups, and 20 leg lifts.

Hilde nice to see you and great job on the walking

Judy yes it will grow, I had a hair cut like that at one time and in 4 weeks it was much better.

Pppmint up and out the door for you....and Lucy...hope you find some really pretty seaglass and Lucy doesn't eat everything in site LOL. Standing in the refrigerator LOL

mtnbike it's nice to have those visits and they are in your memory forever and ever!

Nomless heavy weights,,,go get em!

MickD tired here too, I think it's the humidity...we aren't used to it.

Tomorrow morning I'll be out early to get a BD gift for a gf and then Chiro, and groceries...

Have a good day all!

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone! Well.....I was so tired of running on the treadmill in my humid garage....like a rat, that I just bit the bullet and went for a run on the local trail...it was spectacular! I jogged slowly. Stopped after 26 min., then finished up after another 5ish minutes. It was hot (about 90, but with a desert breeze) at 11 am but I did it!! I am one that takes running as a religion and it just makes me feel so peaceful when I am out there...hopefully I can do it again this week....oh and I was able to stuff my iphone in my back pocket....for emergency purposes, i.e., foot/fall, snake bite....WOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Today became an unintended rest day. It got stormy late this afternoon with tornadoes in the area. So I don't want to go to the gym or even put on a dvd. Need to keep an eye on the weather news tonight.
Valued Contributor

nomless, I saw that! The hail was huge...how scary!

We have rain here the next two days, it is probably a good thing. I need to get some stuff done today because dh flies to Chicago tomorrow...and I'm sun-burnt and wind-burnt so I could use a break from the elements...lol. We'll see...it's even pretty here when it rains!

MickD, I always take my cell phone with me...Lucy and I were out on the cliffs and trails yesterday and I was thinking 'if one of us got hurt', it would take people a while to get to us and it would take me a while to get her to a vet.

Anyway...lol...I can't even remember what I did yesterday...guess it isn't important. My days are running together.

Okay...I walked with Lucy, did stairs and legs at gym, went for 4 mile run-walk into town by myself, and we hiked and rock-climbed at Castle Hill...amongst other walking that you do on vacation.

I hope everyone is having a good week. Waving to all.

Frequent Contributor

I got My Total Gym yesterday {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}. Played with it a little and I think I'm going to really like this over my Pilates machine.

MickD, did you get yours?

I'm having a problem trying to figure out how to detach the arm pulley cable, so if someone who has one can help me with this I'd greatly appreciate it. Ok, off to play with my new machine :-)

Honored Contributor

Morning!

This morning I did the 30 minute Fat Burning TurboJam DVD and the 10 minute Ab DVD. Thats about all the time I have in the morning unless I get up a little bit earlier, which never really happens. LOL Last night did a stretching DVD. Really enjoying the stretching DVDs that I have. With all the stress at work and just everyday life tensions, the stretching is so nice in the evening.

It's a beautiful day here in San Francisco. Hope the weather behaves for the rest of you.

Judy (7 weeks, 6 days to go but who's counting!)

Respected Contributor

Hey all, was out the door early for me this morning to go to Walmart and the Chiropractor, then Kohl's to get a BD gift...found out Kohls doesn't open now until 9 am and I was there at 8 am so that threw a wrench in the plan...had too much time to kill but yet not enough to really do anything so drove around looking at houses...

Just came in from a walk with Logan to the country store down the road..and about a mile down my shoe rubbed the skin off the back of my foot so my heel ( above heel) was raw and bleeding..Logan was not behaving at all..he barks at every car, truck, person..yanking himself...it was not good. The cars go 55 mph past us though and he doesn't like it but yet he wants to go out towards them....not good...I am trying to get him used to things more so I can take him around people and cars and he won't bark at everything. His breed is barking but I want to control it...anyway sorry for complaining but it is what it is.

Good job Judy...it's beautiful here too but come evening the mosquito's carry you away..horrible year .

Von- Hooray...you got it.. I love mine...It takes a little learning curve attaching the cable and un-attaching it but go slow and you'll get the feel of it. I have to bend way over and look underneath for the hook and now I can do it fast...but just go slow and you'll get it.

MickD you did good with your run.. I hear ya on the humidity..my house was like that...cool now though thank goodness the wind changed and blew that junk out of here.

Pppmint sounds like a fun time at Castle Hill and Lucy loves going....beautiful area you are in and lots of adventures to check out!

Nomless I am glad you are safe...I also saw all that on the news about the bad storms...

Ok, need to get some house work and laundry going.

Have a good rest of your day!

Respected Contributor

Von, yea that you got your TG.

Not sure what you mean by the arm pulleys. On my TG (an old model), the pulley goes over a hook beneath the glide board. Hope you can figure it out.

Judy, good job!

Patty, what a busy time it is for you and family.

Bopper, you had quite a time with Logan.

All is well here. There was some damage in parts of town, but nothing that affects me. Towns north and west of here got hit hard with lots of damage.

I plan on getting in a cardio workout after work.

Sorry to be in a rush, but lunch break is over, back to work.