Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the July Exercise Thread

Happy birthday, Lucy. Sorry the shoes are not good for running. I smiled when reading your story about little Lucy's meltdown. She's a character.

Judy, how is Monty doing? Is he getting used to your schedule?

Bopper, it's hot here, too. Ugh.

Hi to Foxxie, DrKelli, Mick.  Have pleasant even8ng.

Valued Contributor

nomless....how is your kitty doing?  Are you still liking the library?  Lucy can go either way, sometimes she's very well-behaved, other times she's a handful...lol.

Mmsfoxxie...good job on the WW! How is the Red-Hat group coming along?  

DrKelli..she's a Toy Poodle...very tiny but has the biggest personality ever.  Hope you're able to hit it again today! 

bopper...it was funny because I scared them and they scared me...lol!  I turned a corner and they were right there. I know you're right, my dil got a big promotion at work so I bought her a new work-top...she asked how I would like if she said she didn't want it like I do to them...I see their point but it will be a work in progress for me as it's part of my nature. How is your dad doing? 

MickD...paint is hard. I'm still deciding that but think I have it narrowed down. How is your son doing?? My run stunk too...I also stopped and walked.   

Judy...congrats on the new family member! How is that going?

Going to be over 90* again today. I have to take the van in for a PA inspection so was going to walk to Target, I'll look like something the cat dragged in by the time I get there. Who am I kidding, I always look like something the cat dragged in anymore...lol!

No one else got anything from the anniversary sale?  I hit it big this year, keep going back for more. I love the Kiehl's body lotion...and got some of the Donna Karan CM body lotion. Zella always has cute work-out clothes and they are very good quality.  Got another North-Face jacket that I love, super soft and cuddly.

Okay...I guess my break is over. I get coffee and breakfast for everyone(4-legged and 2-legged) but they leave in shifts and another one is ready to roll-out...lol. 

Respected Contributor

Lucy, I'm still concerned about Shadow, but he's just the same. Still eating very little even though I'm trying to feed him more. I talked to the vet again and we decided to wait and see how things go. I hope he at least can maintain his current weight. If he keeps losing, we'll do x-ray and ultrasound. Thanks for asking. Nice of you to remember I'm worried about him.

We don't have Nordi here, so no sale shopping for me. I've never looked at the website. No high end dept storeschere, wish we had one.

Lib job is ok. The work is still difficult for me, not many fun people there, but oh, well. On the plus side, it's only 3 days a week, which is what I want and it's hard to find such a job. I admit to being disappointed that it's not the fun I thought it would be. 

In Aug, I hope to get disciplined to do cardio workouts 3 days a week. I still think the lib work counts as a workout, but I do need to get cardio in, too.

It's going to hot here the next few days with temps in the 100s. Ugh.

Valued Contributor

Ugh...so sorry about Shadow.  I hate that feeling, your gut tells you something is wrong but nothing shows up. It's hard with animals because they can't tell you what is wrong. That's how I felt with Kit...I knew something was wrong...took her to a vet here twice that day before I listened to my gut and drove her to the ER vet because I wasn't buying what the other vet was selling.

That's too bad about the library job. DH works with a bunch of engineers/scientists so they aren't exactly the same type of folks he's used to working with...lol.  He's hoping to liven up the place a bit. 

I shopped online...the Nordstrom's that is here is about an hour away.  I have some jeans, a coat, and 2 tops I have to take back though so we'll try and go this weekend or maybe I'll drive down on Friday.  I wasn't impressed with the jeans at all which was a surprise to me as I normally really like their jeans.  Not what I expect for that price!

You'll get back into it...you always do.  Everyone goes through peaks and valleys. I'd say I've been in a valley with the move, Kit, house-hunting, now building, not living in my own home with my own routine...nothing you can do but go with the flow. Smiley Tongue  

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  Boy did it storm last night!  Luckily it wasn't terrible all night.  I looked out this morning and I see one of my nice sized container hibiscus is turned over.  Petals from other flowers are all over the deck.  It's still drizzling so I won't go out there til later.  It's still thundering, too.

Good to hear from you @Iluvlucy!  You seem to be living your life to the fullest.... wonderful.

Red Hatters is fine...still enjoying the interaction.  I have a couple of luncheons coming up which is a conflict with WW, though. When I eat out, I don't want to don't want to eat just low calorie foods.  That negates the experience, imo.  I have a plan, though.

I was just thinking @nomless, libraries are so different now than they use to be.  I'd probably be lost.  I'm just remembering that one of the Red Hatter friends that sat next to me on our bus ride was showing me on her iPad how she can borrow books on it!  You have to go to the library and sign up.  I must remember to do that.

What am I going to do today?  I don't know, lol.  I wasn't going out to workout today but I was going to do errands. Rain is ok for driving around but stormy.....not me.  This might be an in house day.  That's fine actually because there is always housework, right ladies.  Unless you have maid service.

Have a great day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

I hope your plants, etc., survived the storm, Foxxie. It sounds like you'll have some cleanup to do.

Yes, libs have changed, and ours is thriving. We have 12 branch libraries here, and plans for expansion are on the table. It will be interesting to see how it progresses. I love the availability of ebooks. It's so nice to get a book right now!

I've been reading a lot of history lately. On Independence Day, I like to read things about the founding of the country. This year, I read one about the making of the Constitution. It was great, better than others I've read as it was written in a very engaging way. Couldn't put it down. That led me to read a bio of Ben Franklin, as well as some reading of Madison's notes that he took during the Constitutional Convention. He transcribed the discussions nearly word for word, and reading them really makes you feel like you're in the room with them. Kind of thrilling actually. 

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all--another hot day here today. I've been wearing skorts or shorts to work almost every day for the last month.  I'm grateful my company allows that (except when I am at a plant).

@nomless, I'm sorry your Shadow is still feeling poorly.  I hope that the vet figures out what is causing the problem.

@Iluvlucy, it seems like the smallest dogs have the biggest personalities.  I haven't had a toy, but I've had the small to medium breed terriers and they make me laugh on a daily basis.  Even when they are being toddlers.

I did make it to class yesterday and dragged myself through the workout.  Today is Zumba and I am looking forward to that.

So you all know I took LaBlast certification over the weekend--it looks like I will be teaching an actual class next month.  The gym I go to has a slot open, which they are not going to fill permanently just yet, but they are going to do some mash up classes to get people interested.  So it will be a half hour of POUND and then a half hour of LaBlast.  I wasn't quite ready to have to memorize a new class yet!

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, I was out early to walk before it got too hot and humid.  Going to do some pilates later this afternoon, mostly stretching exercises.  Saw the buffalo this morning and tried to get a picture but bushes were too high along the electric fence so they didn't turn out.   There was one big ole' boy though!

MickD sounds like you have some projects too.  Humid here too, zaps ya for sure!

DrKelli is it warm where you do your classes or is the AC on?   Our YMCA is hot my husband said, and muggy!

Lucy as you know we don't have a Nordstroms here so I don't have the card to get the sale prices early.  Glad you found some good things, you always do!

Nomless are you hanging in there?  

foxxie did you get out for a walk?  I've been watching Hallmark Christmas movies, I love their movies, doesn't matter if its hot outside here, I enjoy them.  

Judy hi and waving!

Hoping you all have a good day!

Respected Contributor

Well this is weird I had typed my reply and didn't see any of anyone elses until it posted so I didn't mean to ignore anyone.

Lucy dad is doing great, thanks for asking.  He's on new medicine and it seems to be working!  

Nomless I am sorry to hear something is still up with Shadow, I hope your vet can figure it out.  I get so bothered if my boy isn't feeling good!  Let us know okay.

Logan needs to go out, so adios!

Respected Contributor

@DrKelli, yay that you got a class of your own! I know you'll do great. 😀

Today was hard at work. Biceps burning. Will veg the test of the day.