Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the July Exercise Thread

Good morning, all!

@Mmsfoxxie, I actually have foot and ankle problems--but it is a factor of no arch in my foot more than anything.  But sometimes, if my shoe catches during Zumba, it will tweak my knee.  I'm sorry the health center promotion flopped--gyms have one of the highest failed business rates.  But I am like you--I hate when the gym gets crowded right after the first of the year.  The good thing is--those people are gone by February.  Then you get another surge about April/May because it is swim suit season.

I actually took yesterday off because my body needed the rest after 8 hours of LaBlast on Sunday.  I'm still sore today, but have my small group session which is already paid for.

If I could get my LaBlast stuff memorized, I could be teaching by next week.  Unfortunately, my brain isn't that fast and some of the steps are going to require practice from me!

I hope you all have a great day!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

Good morning, all!

@Mmsfoxxie, I actually have foot and ankle problems--but it is a factor of no arch in my foot more than anything.  But sometimes, if my shoe catches during Zumba, it will tweak my knee.  I'm sorry the health center promotion flopped--gyms have one of the highest failed business rates.  But I am like you--I hate when the gym gets crowded right after the first of the year.  The good thing is--those people are gone by February.  Then you get another surge about April/May because it is swim suit season.

I actually took yesterday off because my body needed the rest after 8 hours of LaBlast on Sunday.  I'm still sore today, but have my small group session which is already paid for.

If I could get my LaBlast stuff memorized, I could be teaching by next week.  Unfortunately, my brain isn't that fast and some of the steps are going to require practice from me!

I hope you all have a great day!

@DrKelli, that was the sensible thing to do....take a day off so the muscles could heal.  I assume you plan on doing this for a long time so preserving your body is key.

You're correct about how attendance goes up and down.  My center is different than most gyms or fitness centers.  There is no contract.  My account is debited by the month but I can quit at anytime with no penalty.  Years ago when I was a member of one, I got out of the contract by getting a doctor's statement about my arthritis.  My knees weren't an issue then but I was just starting to develop arthritis.  Truth was, I just wasn't going that much and hated paying money monthly for something I didn't use.  For the most part, they only had weight machines, free weights or high impact aerobics.  The aerobics classes were seldom.  Boring.

I had great classes today.  My Body & Sculpt instructor did a great class today as always...low impact cardio combined with weights.  He is also the Zumba instructor.  I only did 30 minutes of the 45 minute class.  It was more high energy (loud music), some high impact.  My Saturday Zumba is low impact but she will demo ways to make some routines high energy/impact if wanted.  

Lol....I guess you ladies can see that I enjoy my health center.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hi everyone, warm day here and this afternoon lots of thunderstorms, so it's cooled down but very muggy and no wind to speak of.

I did 45 minutes on the reformer today, rebounding and toning, 6 miles on my outside bike and Bodyblade.

My feet especially my left bother my at the top of my big toe in the joint, I don't have bunions at all though but my toe does hurt sometimes walking.   I have New Balance mens actually because of the wider toe box my toes can spread out and I don't get blisters from the skin rubbing against each other.  I have a hard time finding shoes, I wear an 11 and sometimes need a wide but the mens seem good on me

My forearms are sore today in the tendons, both arms.  I don't even know why unless its from the pruning I did yesterday holding the loppers, which are kind of heavy .  But the forearms are very tender in the fleshy areas.   I may ice them.

That's about all I have today, have a nice evening.

Honored Contributor

Hi, @bopper.  Aren't men's shoes a little harder thus maybe rubbing your big toe?  I can see why you'd want wider, though.

The older I get, the more I'm amazed that doing what you used to do, now makes you sore.  If you have arthritis, all the more reason that the gardening made you sore.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Good morning!  It's a new day for everybody to enjoy.

I'm just going to walk today.  Don't know how far.  When I get too tired, I'll stop, lol.  Be safe.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone!  Glad you're all doing well. Humid as heck here, I was so enjoying the cooler weather but knew it wouldn't last long so I just get out there earlier.  Yesterday I saw a Wild Turkey mom with her FOUR babies!  I couldn't get my phone out fast enough as I scared them and they took off running.  So cute though...I've never seen the babies close up before.

They have a new Barre class with a step that is making me bite the bullet and sign up even though I think the specialty gyms are overpriced.  It's a lot of "explosion" type exercises...lots more cardio and strength training all in one class. They're calling it Pure EmPower.  If you don't like plyometrics, you won't like it.

Had another birthday this weekend. I was spoiled rotten and I hate it...ugh...hate accepting gifts. I love to give, it's my love-language, but have a hard time accepting it in return...my friends and family tell me I need to work on being more gracious about it because I make them feel bad...never my intention of course. I'm trying to talk the kids into taking the gift they got me and using it for them and they were mad at me for suggesting it. 

Went to the Classic Car Grand Prix in Pittsburgh this weekend and it was hotttt...kids took me to lunch though at this really cool salad place, it was delicious. Some beautiful old cars there. 

I picked out my front door and barn-doors yesterday...getting my hair done today. Have appts everyday this week.

We had a lot of fun with our company, just hard because they left late Thursday night and we all had to get up early Friday morning.  DH's new job is going well, University life is much different than military life...lol.  He's a little more organized and structured, but they said that is what they need.

Oh my word, Lucy threw a hissy-fit last night...lol!  If that girl gets overly tired, she has a melt-down...just like a toddler!  After it was over, she went to sleep and slept through the night, it wore her out. My son said she sounded insane. Yup. DH has been in charge of hundreds of people but doesn't know what to do with this little 5-lb girl when she acts up.  His facial expression cracks us up...he's at a loss. 

I imagine I'm at the point where this classifies as a novel, so I'll sign off.  I hope everyone is doing well and has a great day! 

Valued Contributor

p.s...anyone here shop the Nordie's Anniversary sale?  I got some things I really love this year...except my Nike running shoes!   I'm so mad, they're weird, they make my ankles feel unstable.  They have the "air" in the soul and when you put your foot down, they kind of wobble if that makes sense.  I had to stop running and power-walk yesterday because I felt like my ankle was going to twist.  Otherwise I love them(lots of cushion) and they match a Nike wind-breaker I got, perfectly.  So I think they'll be for running errands and walking.  I wouldn't even wear them to take a class.

Honored Contributor

@Iluvlucy Happy belated birthday!  It sounds like your getting a lot of things picked out for your house too! - I need to pick out paint color, tile and stone and I'm flipping out.....

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

I had a cruddy run....walked and jogged the last 3/4 mile....really humid.  2.9mi/38 min.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

@Iluvlucy, Happy belated birthday!

May I ask what type of pet Lucy is?  I'm sure everyone BUT me knows, but I'm newish to the thread!

I'm still exhausted from Sunday.  I got through small group yesterday. Barely.  Today is 30 minute Quick Fit (full body torture) and I really need to go, but ugh.  And it is hot here today.  I'm trying not to complain because I don't want to have a terrible winter!

Not much to say because I'm busy at work, but thought I would check in.

Respected Contributor

Hey all, it was a warm humid night here last night and thunderstorms but it's all cleared up now and it's sunny and quite warm actually.  I was out early this morning grocery shopping and Chiropractor.   My CC wouldn't work in 2 stores and they said the chips are giving the machines problems, go figure.   

Lucy cool on the turkey mom and her babies, I wish you could have gotten a picture but they scurry quite fast.  I've had turkey's in my yard and they run fast!    Glad your BD was good and the kids are right, take your gifts and just be glad.  It makes them happy!  You new home sounds beautiful and exactly my style. I love barn doors and wrought iron too.  Lots going through your mind for sure.  Hope your hair appt. goes good!

foxxie hope your walk was good, it's almost too hot to go here now.   I don't say that a lot LOL

Judy, nomless, MickD, DrKelli, and everyone joining in, have a wonderful day!