Esteemed Contributor

Re: Welcome to the January Exercise Thread

NOMLESS...wahooo!!! So glad it all came together for you..made my day.

Patty,man,that was something with tge eagle. Cool too.  How small is Lucy. My Daisy is a Brussels Griffon &10 lbs. We have no eagles but hawks.  Doubt they would bother her when doves are plentiful. I love the doves and feed them. But it's Nature so.....not like someone with a bbgun.  Hope your meds get worked out,sounds nightmarish.

I walkedAngie this morn. first time in awhile. Feel better finally. Expecting a couple of inches of snow tonight.

Hi BOPPER,TONY,CATER and anyone else Ive left out. Have a good rest of your weekend.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday and Happy it is!   Remember those of you who have been here for a while I mentioned my son and finance lost their dog 3 days before Christmas.  Well it's been 18 days and today>...............  Drum Roll.......................UNITED again!   Yes they are together again.   Long story short a lady saw his picture on Craigs List and she messaged them saying she saw a dog at a Shelter about 25 miles from their house and she took a picture and sent it to them.    This was yesterday and the Shelter was closed so they had to wait until this morning to go there.   Sure enough there he was,,,crying happy tears or should I say bawling happy tears.....I am so happy I can't even put it into words...They had bought a new puppy Maltese/Shi tzu mix and he is 9 weeks old now so they will have 2 dogs but I saw a video of them together and the older one is wagging his tail....This is the best news I could give you today.   Thank you so much for the prayers and concern.

Nomless congratulations on the job!   It all came together for you after all.   That's wonderful news...so happy for you and those are good hours!~   I watched the Diet show too and found it strange!  I was entertained and will continue to watch but I don't think this show will be renewed.

Patty so glad that Eagle didn't try and scoop up Lucy...I love Eagles but not when they are after little dogs.   I hope you find a house today.  Sorry your so wired from the steriods, I sure hope they can figure out what you have and treat it accordingly.

Skylark hi and waving to you, nice to see you Laura...and everyone else visiting.

Be Well, Be Blessed and Be Thankful

Honored Contributor

Congratulations all around everyone!

Finally got a chance to test out the Bodygym. Wow is that a tough band. Glad I'm short. I have no idea how the guys were stretching it that far. I can tell this thing works and I'm ashamed of myself and my power class. Obviously I've been doing something very wrong for years. Time to make up for it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Contributor

Hi.  

Am wondering if anyone has the Xbike from HSN. It is on sale right now for $159.95 and you can get an extra $20 off if you have never ordered from them before.  I ordered this bike last July. Have used it every day. I LOVE it!!! Am down 2 pant sizes and

working on a third. I hop on the bike when I watch tv... hardly ever watch tv from the chair any more.  If anyone is looking for a bike, check this out. Reviews are good.

Esteemed Contributor

Bopper!!! Great great news about the return!!!!  So happy for your family reunited with their pet.  Two good things,they're giving a home to another dog and got their dog back.  Two dogs are fun. I've had three and that's work.

Thanks again for the gooood news💜🐕🐕

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Rigjt now, I am feeling pretty good about myself.  I'm actually quite proud of myself.  Why?  I just did 10 minutes of a cardio dance video.  For me, that is a huge accomplishment.  I have been yo-yoing 50lbs for several years now.  I go on a program, I lose 50lbs.  I go off  and i regain 50lbs.  I know how to lose weight, I just don;t know how keep that 50lbs off.  So, I joined the new Weight Watchers.  Exersize or lack of exersize had always been my down fall.  I can lose wieght without it and I finally "got it".  I can't maintain unless I exersize.  So, I joined the New Weight Wachers and I like it, I'm excited about beginning the journey.  But everyday, I had some excuse about why I couldn't get my fitness points in.  My knee hurts, it's too cold outside, I can't go out to walk until the UPS guy comes, it's too dark to walk outside, now my back hurts.  Well, this evening I was exploring the WW site and it was 11:30ish and I could see on my dashboard that I had not completed my fitness goal and instead of making an excuse or telling myself that I would makeup for it tomorrow.  I pulled up a cardio dance video on Xfinity and I put my new Rykas on and I danced for 10 minutes.  I set an alarm to make sure I did the 10 miniutes.  I'm out of shape, I'm fat and I was sweating and breathing hard when I finished.  But I feel great!  I did not fall into that old "I can't" trap.  I didn't look for excuses not to exersize, I just did it.  I learned that I have to take this one day at a time and just do what I'm supposed to do.     

Respected Contributor

Wow!  What a great day!  Bopper's son's pup is back home!!!!!   That's SO awesome.  And awesome that he and baby pup seem to get along.  And we have new posters...Chrystal, great job!!!  Yes, one day at a tie gets the job done.  NookieGreen thanks for the info about Xbike.  Bopper has one and she loves it, too. I might take another look at it.  And I'm still basking in relief and gratefulness about my new job situation.  Good news all around.

It's sunny here today, but oh, so cold.   I don't feel like bundling up to go over to the workout room....a hot bath sounds much better. I think I'll unpack the BodyGym and give it a try.

Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday Funday, just came in from snowshoeing and breaking trail.  About 5 more inches fell last night.  It's hard breaking trail, but it was so pretty out. Then I got back and shoveled the deck....

I love my Bodygym....yes it is hard isn't it but it's a good hard.  I was sweating buckets and I still loved it.  I can tell already I am getting stronger....so Laura yes this is a good little gem!

I also love my Xbike,  Sits right in the living room so "active Sitting" is where's its at....I drive up the tension too and it really works the legs..and it's quiet, which is huge!

Skylark thank you ,   isn't it wonderful about the dogs.....I broke into the ugly cry!  So thankful for all the prayers.

Crystal  you did awesome!!!  Be so proud of yourself for just saying No excuses and getting it done.  Everything is baby steps and you just said I'm doing it and that was the end of that!   Keep going..we're all here cheering each other on!

nomless it's great isn't it about the pup...18 days and reunited!  I am so happy for you and your new job.  You were getting discouraged and we all prayed it would work for you and it did!  

Watching the Vikings game.   Wind chill well below 0...Think I"d rather be in my warm home watching.

Enjoy your day!

Be Well, Be Blessed, and Be Thankful!

Respected Contributor

Bopper, I've been thinking all day about how wonderful it is that pup is home. I bet he was sooooo haaaaappy to see mom and dad.  And thank you for your prayers and support these past few months.     

I did BG a bit today.  I like the size.   And the bands are great...yes, it takes some effort even without winding to shorten them.   Eventually, they'll loosen up or break.  I wonder if it will be possible to replace them?

Honored Contributor

@nomless  I used my BG for the first time yesterday and I was thinking the same thing.  Hopefully, they'll be a new version by the time any breakage happens.  I was loving it for the sit up part and rowing.  It works out my top half very well which is what I need the most help with.

Today I did my normal spin class.  It was new music time and, of course, they bring out the hardcore stuff for January.  Just when I thought I had taken my last aspirin...Smiley Happy