Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the January Exercise Thread

Hi everyone!   Snowshoed the trail this afternoon.  Didn't take Logan, had to pack it down first.  We got quite a bit of lake effect yesterday.  It's very pretty though.

I wear those Yaktrax to walk on icy sidewalks, really helps so I can do that outside whenever i want to.

Nomless I think Monday on CBS the AN starts...I haven't seen it since last season.

Patty, hoping today is better for you and no battles with anyone!   You've been through so much and hoping today is much better...

Not much else on my end...stay warm everyone!

Respected Contributor

Hi, Skylark, good to see you.

Bopper, I looked up ANW .... A new episode is on Sunday, US vs World.  That will be good. And as I said in my previous post, Team Ninja on Esquire on Tues evenings is lots of fun, to, because of the new format.  

Respected Contributor

Hi all,  it's a very blustery day here..I took the trail this afternoon and the snow was blinding and stinging my face.  Logan loved it thought!    This morning I did the BodyGym for 30 minutes...

My dear friend I mentioned earlier this fall who lives next door who had cancer passed away Monday night at her house.   She is the one I said I mowed the grass for and brought food over, Christmas cookies...I feel so bad...she was a very private person and I think also had anxiety issues as she rarely left her house but I know she knew I really did care about her.  I feel so bad for her husband and son.  She was only 55 and sick 8 months..It's hard to grasp for me that when I look over there she isn't there..

I think I"ll thaw some chicken breasts for tonight and make some mashed potatoes...comfort food..

Take car everyone!

Respected Contributor

Awwwww, Bopper, that's so sad.  It was good of you to be her friend, to help her in small ways to let her know you cared.  I'm sure that meant a lot to her.

Respected Contributor

It's Friday!   This morning I did 15 miles on the Xbike, will do the trail in a bit here.  Needed to eat some lunch first.  The sun is out and it's "bright" against that white snow....Sunglass a must!!

Thank you nomless it comforts me to know that she knew I cared a lot about her.  I saw her husband this morning out blowing the snow out of his driveway.  Funeral is tomorrow afternoon and I want to not cry, because it won't help him if I break down!

Tomorrow is supposed to be in the upper 30's so I'm glad we will have some melting because we really need it!

Take care everyone!

Respected Contributor

Hello, this morning I used the BodyGym for abour 25 minutes...then shoveled and chopped ice.   The sun is out so I was able to chop a bit and it's melting.  We are at 40, and I don't think we've seen that since October....I heard Major winter storm for next week but at least we can enjoy the sunshine today.

I'm getting ready to head to my neighbors funeral.  I have such a hard time knowing what to say and and am still shocked that she is gone...

Not much else here and I"m following myself so Be well, Be Blessed, and Be Thankful!

Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday Funday!

Did the Bodygym this morning watching Marie on my dvd player...now not sure what we're doing...no plans which is fine with me.

Making spaghetti tonight and watching Pro bowl... Taping Grease Live...wanted to see that too.

Kind of quiet here, are ya'll sticking to your workouts?  Hope so....

Be well everyone!

Respected Contributor

Hi, Bopper.  Happy Sunday.  It was nice of you to go to the funeral yesterday.  I'm sure her husband appreciated it and appreciates your friendship.

We're in the path of the pending storm, too. They're saying we could have blizzard conditions on Tues with lots of snow. They started talking about this last week, so even though Friday is supposed to be my day off, I worked Friday, telling my boss I was using those hours in place of working Tues.  So if the blizzard materializes (and I think it will), I'll be able to stay home from work with no guilty conscience.

I'm excited about ANW tonight.  Familiar athletes are on the US team.  Should be fun.