Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the August Exercise Thread

Hey everyone, started off cool and now it's hot and muggy.  I did 40 minutes on my TG this morning and dog walk.  

DrKelli ouchie!!  That's no fun at all!

Foxxie what a grand time you had.  I'm so excited my grandson who I haven't seen since December when he was only 3 months old is coming to visit us for 2 days.  I know it's not long but I'll take it.    I'm so excited I know I will cry when they get here.  He'll be 1 next month.

Judy those fires are so terrible, I feel so bad for all you folks there and the firefighters and police, rescue people, everyone involved this is just awful.    I prefer stairs, Haha, I am too claustrophobic for elevators.  

MickD, I saw a big deer today on the trail, it snorted at us .  Must be the same one we saw before.

Nomless thinking of you, please come back!!

Waving to everyone!

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie so glad you had such a good time at your GD's birthday party.  Too bad about the flight delays tho!

@bopper how fun for you that you'll get to see your GS soon!  YEA!!

@DrKelli I ordered the powerstep insoles - so many to choose from it was a bit overwhelming but hope what I ordered will work ok.  Looked at the ASICS shoes and, again, too many to choose from and got overwhelmed so will try the insoles first and then go from there.  Maybe all I need are some new/different insoles.

Time for lunch so better get going!

Honored Contributor

@MickD, after my awkward and quick introduction, things went pretty smoothly.  They had seen each other before at my brother and mother's funerals but that was a large group and they didn't meet.

They actually had short snippets of conversation.  His spouse didn't come but I had met her already.

I'm glad that I changed my mind and went.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

YEA IT'S FRIDAY!  Did 30 minutes of yoga this morning - all the while listening to my cat meow loudly that he wanted his dry food!  Not a very relaxing workout!  LOL

Supposed to be warm here today and the air quality should be better - not as smokey.

@Mmsfoxxie so glad you are happy you went to your GD's party and that all went ok.

Not much else to report.  Hope everyone is having a good day!

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday, this morning I did TG about 50 minutes.  Its called the TG cardio free challenge workout, there are 2 different challenges, 1 includes cardio and one focuses more on strength, so I chose that one.  Good and sweaty.  Then I walked Logan and 5 minutes after I came in it down poured.

Judy glad you got a yoga workout in and I totally understand the meowing, Logan sometimes will lay on my mat, like are ya done!!  LOL

Hoping ya all are doing okay injuries and all.  I still am healing from the high hamstring butt thing, but it is what it is,,,,at least we are all still moving  Hahaha!

Honored Contributor

@bopper thats how I feel about working out with my foot - at least I'm moving!  May not be with the same enthusiasm I would if my heel felt ok, but some movement is better than no movement!  I find I can do yoga ok and I can do the body gym upper body workout but have to wear shoes with it.  At least those two are not a lot of moving around like the walking DVDs so they are easier for me to do.

I am bound and determined to get back to using my PiYo DVDs that I liked so much but ended up pulling a hip muscle because I was doing too much and not being in shape to really do the DVDs. 

Honored Contributor

IMG_1001.JPGGood morning everyone.  I hope everyone is well.

Do you believe this car that my gd's uncle got her?  It's burgundy and very pretty, but.......  (She made one year old).  It's remote controlled and a child can actually drive it.  It plays music, honks and Lord knows what else.  There was a little boy there about six years old that was looking at it longingly, lol,  They put her in it and the uncle used the remote to drive her around and she loved it but she won't be able to do anything but sit in it right nowon her own.

My workout will be at home this morning because I have a luncheon to go to and my time will be short.  (A lot of eating out this month)!  I'll do walking in place, walking up and down the stairs and maybe weights.  

Enjoy this beautiful day group.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

WOW @Mmsfoxxie that is some car!  LOL  At least she won't have car payments!  HAHA

Today I did a 30 minute Leslie Sansone workout.  Then had to get Montague to the vet, which ended up being another workout!  Ended up having to move the bed to get him out.  Then had to park 2-1/2 blocks away from the vet and had to carry him in his carrier - he weighs 19.7 pounds!  Of course in the carrier he made himself as heavy as he could and sat at the back end of the carrier making it even harder to carry him.  All is well tho, it was his yearly checkup so he's fine - I'm exhausted!

Then came home and this afternoon went to see the movie "Christopher Robin" with my DD.  It was fabulous!  A must-see.  So well done.  Everything about it was wonderful.

Afterwards did an errand and then went to the grocery store.  Dinner is now in the oven and I'm relaxing!

My inserts arrived!  Will try them out tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a good Saturday!

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon, it's a warm one here.  We just got home from a 90th birthday party for a dear family friend.  Lots of fun and nice meeting so many people.  I got a nice compliment.  Some people asked me what year I graduated high school and when I told them they did the math and said they thought I was 20 years younger than I am...thought my son was actually my husband...haha....( he doesn't look old either )   I'll take it.  My son , the sense of humor he has said " you better get your eyes checked"  hahaha...too funny.

Now home and relaxing, it's very hot out.

foxxie that's some car!  I love it!

Judy I sure hope Montague will be okay.  What is he feeling, just not well?

DrKelli, hows the toe?

MickD- have you gotten a run in this weekend?

Nomless thinking of you!

Laura, and Lucy as always, hope everyone is okay.

Waving to all!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everybody.  Beautiful weekend here.

Went to a group August birthday dinner Saturday.  One more and I'll be done with bd celebrating.  We have a wedding celebration to go to Saturday and then a family get together on September 1st.  Then back to eating correctly.  Why do I make poor choices when I eat out??  I have excuses but is that ok?  Questions, questions.  I have gained a few pounds since my August 1st WW weigh in.  Oh, well.

Senior Cardio, Strength & Motion (weights) and maybe some walking at my health center.  Have a great day everyone.