Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the August Exercise Thread

Hi All!  Well, I think I caught up on my sleep this weekend.  Friday when I got home, I crashed for 2 solid hours and then went back to bed at 8:30!

My toe is doing better, but it still is very uncomfortable to wear a closed toe shoe.  I did have a pedicure on Sunday so I got a good look at the damage.  It is one big bruise under that nail, so I'm assuming that I will eventually lose the nail.

My mom will be back in Denver on Sunday for a couple of weeks.  I'm actually thinking of using a dog sitter while my flooring is being installed. That way I don't have to worry about them getting out or having to go downstairs to get out to the back yard.

Today is Quick Fit and my trainer is out on Friday so I will only be working out 4 days this week.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

On my way out but @DrKelli, I just saw your statement about a dog sitter.  Sometimes I wish that's what we had ... a dog.  We have a big tank with about ten fish.  When we go out of town for more than two days, we have to get someone to come and feed them.  The fish tank guy says that you can't just pick them out of one body of water and put them in another which is what I thought you could do.  Soooo as bothersome it might seem to deal with someone to take care of your dogs, some pets are worse.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Monday, just finished my Total Gym Cardio Free challenge workout and added on 100 ab crunches and 10 minutes of my Simnply Fit Board, now have to shower and start some cleaning.   Supposed to be almost 90 today, ick!  Not sure about a dog walk if it is that hot, Logan gets very warm with all his fur.  He'd want to go though, he doesn't know better.

DrKelli glad the toe is some better but most likely you will lost the nail.  Hope you can get someone in to watch the dogs while you have the floor installed.

foxxie my sister used to have a huge tank and when they would go out of town I had to go over and feed them.  They have scaled down on the fish but still have 1 tank.  

Yesterday we attended the 90th BD party for a dear friend of our family.  It was very nice and weather was beautiful.. I hope I can throw a shindig when I turn 90!

Waving to everyone, get your workout in. New week and new challenges as always but do the best you can and forget the rest!

Honored Contributor

Good Monday Morning!  Its a nice cool, overcast day by the Bay.  Sun will come out later and it'll be about 70-ish today. 

Yesterday I just stayed home.  It felt good.  Did a little and I do mean little bit of housework, laundry, watched Doris Day and Rock Hudson movies on TCM and made myself a nice dinner.  Took a bit of a nap too.

@bopper don't worry Monty is fine.  It was his one-year checkup.  Can't believe I've had him one year.  Its gone by pretty fast.  He's even lost some weight since we were there in June.  YEA!  The vet always wants him to lose some weight.  He's now 19.7 pounnds instead of 20.4.  She said his heart and lungs sound good.  I did have them do the senior blood work because I wanted a comparison to last year.  Its expensive and I don't always have it done but wanted to see how he's doing since he's on prescription food and as a comparison to last year.  Will probably skip it next year depending on how he's doing.  He was a good boy at the vet but he was NOT happy with me when we got home and he let me know it!  LOL

This morning I did a 30 minute Sansone DVD.  Yesterday while going through a drawer I found a Pilates for Beginner's DVD that I forgot I had.  Think I may try that tomorrow for something different.  I must have tried it once cuz the wrapping is off of it. 

@DrKelli glad to hear the toe is feeling a bit better but bummer about probably losing the nail.  I'm so squeamish that not sure I would deal with that very well.  LOL

Can't remember if I mentioned it or not, but saw the Christopher Robin movie on Saturday with DD.  What a delightful, heartwarming, fun, funny movie.  Loved every minute of it.  It was done so well and the filming was beautiful.

Have a good day everyone!

Honored Contributor

Good beautiful morning to everyone!  Wouldn't mind a little rain today just for the grass and plants.

Body & Sculpt today (I might have said I was doing this yesterday but I meant Strength & Motion), Flexibility and then the first 30 minutes of Zumba.  Then I have to run to another ophthalmologist appointment.  Maybe the eye infection is not gone but there is still intermittent pain and the big scare I had last Thursday where I woke up and couldn't look at the bright tv in my dark bedroom.  When the room became light from from natural daylight, it got better.  I immediately started the eye infection medication again hoping the pain would go away.  Well, no more pain watching tv but still pain once in a while.  Also, when I was able to look at my iPad, some of the letters in words were missing.  Welcome to age 71, lol.

Have a great day everyone!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Good evening!  Didn't workout this morning so did this evening when I got home. Usually don't exercise after work but decided to do the beginner's pilates DVD.  Well my oh my, it was more of a workout than I expected.  LOL  I think I'm going to be sore tomorrow.  Will continue to do it but its going to take me a while to master that DVD!  Not that its hard, I'm just that out of shape!  HAHA

Tomorrow is my off day and I think I'll be glad of it come the morning.  Hope everyone had a good day today, where is everybody?

Honored Contributor

Good morning everybody!  Rain expected today but I hope it’s this afternoon after we’re home.

Went to the ophthalmologist again yesterday because of the vision problems.  Eye pressure had went from 13 in left eye and 16 in right eye to 23 left and 24 right eye.  So she says resume the glaucoma drops that she had told me to stop taking while on the eye infection med.  Duh??  Another office visit payment for her, a big scare for me.  Also she said that $44 for my eye infection med was not expensive.  Well, I guess she’s right....some pay hundreds a month for meds.

I’m going to try to do some exercises at home after taking hubby for his colonoscopy but, really, I’m not an afternoon exerciser.  I need to though.

Have a great day people.

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, it's a late check in for me but my grandson is here and leaving tomorrow so we've been here , there and everywhere!  I did get in a 45 minute TG workout this morning though so feel good about that.   We had his 1st Birthday here tonight because we won't be there for the real day.    My heart is full!

foxxie some think that isn't a lot but to some it is a lot, it would be to us.   

Nomless are you doing okay, thinking about you.

DrKelli, how is your toe?

Judy are the fires getting close to you?

And no Lucy or Laura,,,,

Have a good night!

Honored Contributor

@bopper  No the fires aren't close to me but the smoke is coming down my way and my allergies are acting up because of it.  Not bad smoke but enough.  I just can't believe how destructive they have been and my heart goes out to everyone.  How nice that you've had your grandson for a visit.  Enjoy every minute!

Today was a rest day so didn't work out but will be back at it tomorrow morning!  Have a good evening!

Honored Contributor

Good morning all.

Early morning Zumba and maybe a walk on my agenda.  My Thursday Zumba is too, too early.  And with school starting soon, those school buses slow me down when I'm trying to be on time.  Sometimes you end up with three or four of them in front of you.  Ugh!

Have a great day ladies!