Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the August Exercise Thread

Hi, gloomy day here and in the 50's.   I did 90 minutes of TG and bike today....really pushed myself.

Was going to walk Logan but it's misting out and I"m actually waiting for the Vet to call me back.  I've been waiting 3 hours now.  He gets an allergy this time of year on his feet where he bites them until they start turning pink.  I suppose they are itchy.  I wish they would call, I hate waiting...

It's quiet here, do you still all want this thread to continue?   Speak now or forever hold your peace Hahah.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Bopper, it's in the 70's here going down to 50's looove it. Hope you've heard from vet about Logan. I can empathize with him. I have some kind of crazy rash all around my ankles.  We went for a walk in the woods, this weekend I don't know if chiggers act like this.  Itching and itching. I put rubbing alcohol on it,that helps.  Plus found 3 baby squirrels laying in my front yard. Took them to the wildlife center after waiting hours to see if mom showed up...no go. They should make it,eyes almost open and drank pedialite.

No exercise today,to itchy and cranky.  Hope you all are having a better day.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

I forgot to log in yesterday.  I did aa long workout yesterday, buttodayIwas busy, so no workout.

Bopper, I hope Logan is OK.  And, yes, I would like you t continue this thread.  I keep hoping others will join in.  To lurkers, all are welcome.  Please stop in.

Skylark, I hope the squirrels are OK.  It was good of you to help them out.  Hope you feel better soon.

We have great weather, unseasonably cool, and in the 50s at night.  AC is off and the windows are open.  Nice.

Time for dinner.  Not sure what I'll have tonight.

Respected Contributor

Morning, another cloudy cool day here with about 55 out now.  I just rode my X bike 25 miles.   Need to get ready now for a hair appt.

Nomless Okay I shall proceed Smiley Happy   Logan got his meds.  I had hubby stop by the vets since they never returned my call and they were all ready.  Don't know why they didn't call me, I had no idea if they would have them at the desk or not but wanted to try.  

Skylark very kind of you to take care of the baby squirrels.  I wonder what happened to their mom.   I hope you are feeling better today.

How is everyone else doing who is lurking here ( wink wink, I see ya)Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi, Bopper.  Good thing you had DH stop by the vet office.  I hope the meds help Logan.

I did a 60 min workout.  They were doing work in the parking lot and now my car has lots of dust on it.  Need to go wash it. I'm nearly out of food so I need to make a shopping list, but I have o idea what I want to eat. Nothing sounds good.  I guess I'll look through some cookbooks and see if something strikes my fancy.

Have a good day, everyone.

Respected Contributor

Is Logan doing better, Bopper?  Hope so.

I did a 60 min workout today...fast / slow intervals on both the elliptical and the treadmill.  I lost a lot of conditioning during the months I was doing only the bike, so now I'm trying to get back to where I was.   Doing the bike only didn't help my foot much.  It still hurts, especially on the treadmill.  I'll try different inserts in my shoe, maybe I can find one that makes it feel better.

Will get cleaned up, then going to an event with a friend at her church.  

I hope every ne is having a good day.

Respected Contributor

Hi, I did TG and trail walk today.  Got groceries this morning and some other errands.

Nomless Logan is taking his pill 2x day right now.  It will take a few days to kick in I think.

We have a bear again!!  Last night about 2:30 am hubby heard a crash and looked out and there was the bear on my sidewalk and my bird feeder on the ground.  This morning I looked in the backyard and all the shepherd hooks were bent to the ground, feeders all over the ground, a couple broken and unrepairable.  Not happy!!  We're putting out our trail cam tonight to see how big this thing is.

Nomless sorry about your foot still hurting but you are doing a good workout on elliptical and treadmill.

It's only 63 here and it feels good!

Respected Contributor

Hi, just came in from 5 miles of walking.  It's 45 degrees outside but I loved it.  Sunny too. 

Nomless Logan seems to be better.  He's not biting his feet like he was.  I have to wean him off the Prednisone though but he's doing good, thanks Smiley Happy

I don't know yet if the bear was here, we put out a camera but haven't taken the chip out yet.

Hope everyone is doing good!

Respected Contributor

I'm glad Logan is better, Bopper.  Sorry the bear did so much damage.  Scary to have a bear nearby!

I'm very tired today.  I went to lunch with a friend then pushed myself to do a short easy workout.  But it was still hard. Whew. Will take a nap then figure out what to get at the grocery store tomorrow.  I need to eat more protein but nothing sounds good.

Regular Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Bopper- did the bear reappear ? we have them here but I have never seen one. I hope you see him tho I am sorry about your bird feeders!

Nomless- not good if your foot is still hurting. I hope you can come up with some solution for it.

I am catching up on posts.We were up at Acadia National Park.  It is such a great place. every year we talk about going somewhere else, but in the end the park wins out. LLbean has donated propane buses so we can take the bu s, hike up and over a mountain and pick up another bus route to get back. it is great- we never move our car once we park at the hotel and never have to backtrack- we just keep going. The bus even takes our bikes- one day we took the bus to the other side of the park, got off, rode our bikes and got picked up further down the island. it works so well, a great system!

The weather has  become a lot less muggy and been very nice.  I cannot believe that September is next week. yes bopper, we waited so long for winter to be over!   I agree- stop at autumn! Then we can skip to spring, Oh well!

Hi to patty, skylark and friends!