Honored Contributor

Allergies in NE USA- Is anyone else going crazy with them?

I have had the WORST allergy attacks in the last 2 or 3 weeks than I've had in years, rhinitis, skin around my lps cracking and burning- I'm a MESS.

I was surprised to find online that there are actually severe allergens in mild to moderate amounts already in the air.

I am taking small amounts of OTC Benadryl, Zyrtec, Allegre, but I HATE to rely on them- I quickly get as dry as a potato chip.

Anyone else having trouble too??? What are you doing/using that helps?

Honored Contributor

Re: Allergies in NE USA- Is anyone else going crazy with them?

YES!!  I am suffering as well.  I take Allegra every day!  I use Benadryl when necessary.  The first, Jersey freeze can't come soon enough for me and my allergies.

*achooooooooo*   Pass the tissues, please.

Feel better, violann.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Trusted Contributor

its ragweed season in most parts of the country and also grass allergens are still out there...with me, as soon as the air pressure changes it hits my sinuses...when it goes from cooler, dryer air to humid, i'm in trouble..i take nasacort and a decongestant...took allergy injfections for many years which helped, but still have trouble with sinuses and fatigue...YUK!!! i feel your painSmiley Embarassed

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

I was going crazy with allergies for about the past 6 weeks but just this week it seems to have passed. Thank Goodness. Soon enough fall will bring it's own new set of allergens.

Respected Contributor

@ConnieC wrote:

its ragweed season in most parts of the country and also grass allergens are still out there...with me, as soon as the air pressure changes it hits my sinuses...when it goes from cooler, dryer air to humid, i'm in trouble..i take nasacort and a decongestant...took allergy injfections for many years which helped, but still have trouble with sinuses and fatigue...YUK!!! i feel your painSmiley Embarassed

I'm the same way.  I don't know if I'm allergic to anything but whenever the barometric pressure changes it effects my sinuses.  I mainly get headaches and my sense of balance can be off a little.  Fortunately, it doesn't last long. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, it's been a terrible allergy season.  Despite the AC, I always wake up with a heavy head.  I take Loratadine 10mg with antihistamine, CVS brand called "Non-Drowsy Allergy Relief," original prescription strength.  It seems to work pretty well, but my eyes water so much it drives me crazy.  

Esteemed Contributor

Yes - I have been suffering lately also.  Can't stand the pressure around my eyes and makes me dizzy and off balance.  Have been taking Zyrtec every day.

Honored Contributor

I'm in the DC area, so we are considered Mid-Atlantic, I think.

We are in the heart of mold season here.

weather.com has an allergy tracker now for your area.  I've been using it.

I have been miserable with eye itching.  Last Saturday, I went to Target and bought an entire selection of eye drops with different ingredients for day and night to try to help.

I took an allergy test last December for 58 common allergens for my region and I am "hot" for 46 of them.  I've got grass, weed, tree, mold, the whole range.  I will have about 2 months of relief a year, which is why I take allegra all year round.

I was in the Berkshires for work a few weeks ago and while Mold was severe while I was there, it must not have been "my" mold, as I had a week of relief that I enjoyed to it's fullest, including driving with the windows open (I haven't done that in YEARS.

I was concerned I had pink eye or something, but I think it's just allergies.  I don't have any other symptoms.  I am going for my physical in a few weeks so if they are still bothering me, I will ask to check if I have that.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Hi VaBelle- Zaditor controls the itch around my eyes, but the itching extends like a raccoon circle for me, extending from my cheeks all the way to my eyebrows, and the whole area itches like mad.

I tear constantly, tears actually runnng down my cheeks. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm in Virginia. Taking all kinds of things. Have had headaches, etc. for about a month constantly. My sinuses are so bad my eye got very inflamed and had to get an antibiotic eye drop from doctor to clear that up, my ears are even bothering me, she said my sinuses are VERY bad.