Respected Contributor

Welcome to the August Exercise Thread

Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the August Exercise Thread

Hi, it's quite nice out right now in the 70's with a little breeze.

Had a horrible night.  Had my GD here for the night and she got sick and I ended up bringing her to the ER at midnight.   Long story short she's alright and home with her mom but grandma is very tired and drained today.

Nomless I hope you love your sheets, like I said I have 3 sets and no pilling.  I only airdry them though and no fabric softener or dryer sheets.

I"m just going to take it slow today, watch some movies and relax...

Here's to a good month everyone!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bopper, thank you for starting a new month.

I'm sorry you had a scary night including a trip to ER.  Thank goodness DGD is OK.  You've earned a day of rest.  Take it easy today.  

I ordered the gray sheets with the cardinals and holly branches.   I like the pattern.

I did 60 min in the bike today.  It felt good.  

Happy weekend to all.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi I been riding the bike on and off all day while I  prepare dinner.  Hubby will be home tonight so I wanted a nice dinner waiting for him.  

Nomless thank you.  It was very scary, but she's doing better now.  I hope you love your sheets, I really do love mine. 

Yesterday for me was a total washout.  I just chilled and watched Hallmark movies.

Today is very cloudy and every once in a while we get a thunder shower.  Worse storms are supposed to be coming though.

I've been looking at my Fall decor...I know, I am not trying to push summer away it's just Fall is my favorite time of year.

Enjoy your day!

Regular Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Can't believe it is August. We waited so long for summer.

Bopper- I am  laughing. I know you love your fall decorating and I know you start very early cos you can't wait. You are not alone- my grocery store had candy corn 2 weeks ago and I HAD to buy some because they will be gone soon! So the stores are with you.

I am glad your GD is OK. ER visits are never fun nor are they ever quick.

Nomless- yeah, we are like a bunch of sisters so we do have our moments and we can be catty. We have worked together for so long that you just go with it, like a relative, you know they are not going to change. But we do pitch in for each other. We always know what kind of day we will have by who is working- that day, those personalities set the tone. But it is all good.

We have a porcupine that lives somewhere in my yard. Last year he was up a tree- didn't know he could do that. Don't see him a lot but if he is out it is usually at dusk.

I could not justify sitting on the couch to watch the race cos it so nice out so I am out on the porch, I have the window open and the race on loudly. I compromised.

Hi patty, cater , skylark and friends

Esteemed Contributor

Good Monday morning,it's cooler here after a HOT windy day and stormy night. 

Bopper, so glad your Granddaughter is ok. I can really imagine how stressful that would be. Is she the one that is 9?  My younger Granddaughter is 9.  She's coming tomorrow to stay a few days her mother has a business trip to Tx.  She and her Dad (our son) were here the other week so  we're getting lots of time with her.  Thanks for starting August off. Time RACING by for me.

Nomless, did you have the X bike from HSN?  I want to look into a stationary bike. My brother has a recumbant bike...huge and costs a fortune. Not for me.

Tony14, we don't have porcupines around here, love to see one in "the wild."

Well, I should snap Angie on her leash for our walk.  Hope everyone here has a nice (and cool) week.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Hi, Tony and Bopper, have a good week.

I did 30 min on the bike.  Kind of tired today.  Skylark, Bopper has the X bike.  I use the recumbent bike in the apt. complex workout room.  Lots of people there again today.  I like it better when I'm there alone.  

Respected Contributor

Hi, all I didn't feel good all night.  Tummy felt sick so today was kind of slow but I did get in my 10,000 steps by riding my X bike .   I just go 5 miles here and there to be active throughout the day.  I really like it skylark...

Tony I don't blame you for wanting to sit outside.  I feel like that watching all this baseball, like I"m wasting my day but I manage!  I love Fall, you are right on sista.   Tomorrow is all fall decorating so I really want to watch.  I don't need anything because I have no room for stuff, even if it's nice I have to have a place for it and my small house doesn't allow a lot but I still enjoy watching.

Thank you in regards to my GD.  Yes she is 9 1/2, and I think I held it together pretty well until she was gone with her mom, then I came home and cried....

Well better take Logan outside, I'm getting the Stink Eye!  Hahaha.

Regular Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did do chalean. 

Today I  was helping DH - we are putting in a rock stairway- lots of tractor work, ropes, tugging and pushing . I am counting that as a workout, tho he did more than I did!

Warm day but not really muggy. We get a few thunder storms tomorrow and then nice , low humidity days.

Bopper- I hope you are feeling better. Have you had your stomach checked- you seem to get these little  upsets.

Nomless-  definitely why I have not joined a gym. Don't want to be around people!! Are you enjoying your "vacation"- doing things and getting stuff done?

skylark- I am in the boonies. We have lots of deer, turkey, there have been bears but I haven't seen one, moose in my yard I have, owls ....

Hi patty and cater!!

Enjoy tomorrow!

Respected Contributor

Hi all, very muggy here today.   Did the treadmill while watching these lovely Fall programs.  I love the lanterns today.

Tony It's nothing other than some anxiety from what happened over the weekend.  Haven't had a stomach issue for a long time.   Thank you though.  Some people just have nervous stomachs.

You have lots of work ahead of you but it will look really nice when you are done and that is a workout for sure!

Nomless hope you have a good day today.   I may put a few miles on my Xbike too.

Skylark what do you have going today?

Patty waving to you and Lucy

Cater are you lurking around here?

Oops now it's raining....kind of a day to do some baking I think .

Have a good day all!