Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the August Exercise Thread

Bopper, I hope you're feeling better.  Take it easy.  I hope DGD is doing OK too.

Hi, Tony, good for you doing Chaean.  I've been thinking about that.  I really need to start doing resistance training again, and that would be a god place to start. Again.  Sigh. Yes, I'm enjoying vacation, lol.  I have 't started projects like cleaning closets, but I've tackled things that require thought and hard decisions....like, really need to do something about a will. Ugh.

I did the bike.  People in the workout room with no headsets and no TV on.  Yikes, how can they stand it?  I didn't turn on the TV, felt I should honor their wishes, but wow, it makes me crazy to do cardio with nothing to engage my attention.  Couldn't wait to get outta there!

Respected Contributor

Morning, a beautiful 52 here when I woke up, window open and birds singing...Even heard the donkey across the road.

Just came in from a 4 mile walk.  So nice out and refreshing.

I am watching the fitbit TSV although I have the Fitbit One...I like mine but I am always interested in gadgets hahah

Nomless glad you are enjoying your time off and getting some organization done.  We all need to do that. 

My friend is having a rummage sale this weekend and I'm putting some things in it so have to finish my pricing and see if I have anymore stuff to add.  Another good way to de-clutter.

Enjoy your day everyone!

Respected Contributor

Hi Bopper, how nice to have a cool day.  I'm glad you're feeling better.  Have fun with the garage sale this weekend.  I have a bunch of stuff ready for a sale and am waiting for some friend, any friend, to have a sale.  It's been over a year and no one has had one!  I'm tired of the clutter in my bedroom and sometimes think about just donating the stuff, but some of it is too good to donate. A new quilt set from Pottery Barn, for example.  It's never been out of the package.  A gift I received but I don't like the colors.  I might end up donating it all anyway, in the end.  

I got my hair cut this morning then came home and did the bike.  Need to do some cleaning now.

Respected Contributor

Morning, just came in from walking and did the bike also.  Will do more on the bike throughout the day.   it's still in the 60's here so I love it.  

Nomless I love getting my hair cut.  I find it so relaxing especially when she scrubs your head.   Yup getting more rummage sale stuff out.   Brought a load yesterday and seeing if I can find anything else.

Not much else on my end so have a good day!

Regular Contributor

Hi Everyone!

bopper- I am glad your stomach is a  simple thing. I am enjoying cooler weather, too. Don't miss thy muggyness. I thought about baking also but knew I'd be having ice cream.

Nomless- I could not do bike without a tv either. I used to do Leslie Sansone with picure in picture- had a split screen so I could watch something good while following along with her. I like chalean a lot,too but I wish she had a new round of workouts.

I invite you to my town, we are having a town wide yard sale. I will set up a table for you. 

We did wills and health care proxies years ago. My friend manages a law office. She did papers for us and for herself and her husband. She brought them over and I asked him if had his money all set cos he was leaving it all to me! The secretary messed up but good thing it was quickly fixed!

Skylark- I was thinking of you as I read my local paper. The police log reported a cow walking down a road, a German shepherd in a yard and a fox running around..... Yup, big doings here!

Hi Patty, Hi Cater!!

See ya!!

Respected Contributor

Hi, Happy Friday!   It's so muggy here, not hot but muggy.  I did an hour on my Proform X bike at a good clip with goog tension so I felt a did a gooe workout.  Hair was dripping and I have short hair!  

Tony I heard a donkey yesterday morning, and I love it.  Much rather hear that than horns honking and traffic.   Yes wer're right in the prime of things too hahha.

Nomless It's the weekend!   Anything going on?   How is the collie and kitties at your friends house?   Did you happen to get the Luminara lantern the other day?   I so wanted the large one but couldn't justify that much money when we are scraping by.

Skylark are you walking today?   It's so hot everywhere, our poor animals are not enjoying it either.

I'm watching Fashion day but the prices are so high and then if you have to send it back you have to pay for return shipping.  It adds up with tax and shipping.  Doing more local shopping.

Okay kids, enjoy your day!

Respected Contributor

Tony, I wish I could come to your town's yard sale!  LOL. I agree, I would love a Chalean 2.   I like Chalean a lot and would love another set of workouts.  

Bopper, no, I didn't buyy any decor items, but I watched a few of the shows.  Fun.  I did buy the set of Artis brushes that folks are raving about on the Beauty forum.  I watched several YouTube reviews and these do seem to be game changers re: makeup application.  They're expensive so they'd better be great.

I did the bike yesterday and today (forgot to post yesterday) and now am doing some cleaning.  I've ingored cleaning the past few weeks, so it's time to get it done.  I wish things would stay clean for days instead of hours!

Valued Contributor

Hi everyone!  Oh my word, it's been so long since I've been here, I couldn't remember how to sign on!  I still don't like it but when you don't use it, you won't get used to it!

nomless....any job bites?  There's too many posts to read through, I'll try and get caught up later.  Been thinking about you and prayed for you this morning so thought I'd check-in. 

Was up in PA last week, ds is having some heart issues.  They think it may be a valve problem but are ordering a few tests for him first before just prescribing a beta-blocker.  He just started his new job and is in orientation so no time off.   DH was travelling this past week but arrived back at the "camp" Friday night...just in time for a big problem. 

While I'm here...what did I do yesterday, my mind is blank...lol.  Oh....SPIN, running, walking, and biking.  The biking was not fun, over 30mph winds....ugh.  My gf and I were supposed to walk at the Botanical Gardens but it was raining yesterday morning.  I walked 10 with her on Wed and 10 with another gf on Thursday plus went with Lucy and mowed the grass so my feet were aching and no dh to rub them. Smiley Sad 

Lucy and I saw Hummingbirds yesterday(3 just on the golf course), an eagle, Green Heron, ducks, 2 turtles, Herons, Osprey, and the stinky geese. 

Have a busy week ahead...baby shower, cat scan, Ladies paint party, etc.  Hope everyone has a great week!! 

Waving to Tony, bopper, cater, and anyone else driving by. 

Esteemed Contributor

Good morning everyone, our little Granddaughter left last evening. We packed alot into her 3 day visit. She is crazy about dogs and we did take Angie for a mile every day.  I'm amazed how smart 9 year olds are these days. 

Tony14  love the local news story about the fox and German Shepherd running around. Chicago news is extremely depressing for the most part.

peppermintpatty hope your sons tests come out ok. 

nomless  Maybe you could regift the  the quilt? Somebody would probably love it. 

Bopper how did the rummage sale go?  It's so good to get rid of unneeded "stuff"  I follow less is more when it comes to "stuff." DH is a collector of many things so it's good I'm a minimalist lol

Have a nice Sunday.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Hi, Patty, it's great to see you.   Miss you!   Prayers that DS is ok.  He doesn't need another issue to deal with.   Also hope DH's problems subside.  How kindopf you to think about me and the job situation.  I do appreciate your prayers.  I'm working on arranging a part-time job with a former boss.  I want part-time, so I'm good with that.  Nothing is firmed up yet, however.  Things move so slowly.  I'm doing my best to take it one day at a time and to avoid panic, lol.  Some nights sleep all night, but others I'm awake all night.  At least it doesn't matter so much now whenI can't sleep.

Skylark, it sounds like you had a fin and busy time with DGD. Now you cab get some rest!  

Hi, Bopper,I hope you had fun at the sale.

I did the bike uestersay and took today off.  I made a grocery list for tomorrow's trek to the store,.  I think I'll make tacos.  I've been eating lots of bad food.  It's tome to get back on track.  Tacos aren't totally on track, but will be a little better than all the frozen food I've been eating.