Trusted Contributor

Re: Welcome to the August Exercise Thread

I have to do my daily walk early at the mall right now because where I am at, it's too hot to walk, even in the mornings. 

I walk 1 hour a day.    I also do my strength training 3x a week upper body and 2x a week lower body.    I am also using the Body Gym I got here on QVC and like it.   I use it to supplement my strength training with weights or use on days I don't feel up to a full workout.

I am so anxiously awaiting the cooler weather here when I can spend the majority of my time outdoors.   I have bad cabin fever right now.   I'm tired of these 100+ temps.

Good for everyone who is getting out and exercising in some fashion.  I know for me it makes the difference in my mood and overall wellness.

Keep it up everyone!

Respected Contributor

Hi Daring Greatly, it's nice to have you here.  Seems we are all hot and humid lately or humid and cool.   We were really hot last week in the 90's and humid and now it's cooler but so humid my glasses fog up outside so we can't win.   

You have a well rounded program lined up with your walking and strength training.  I do lots of walking as well and biking and then I use my Total Gym for my strength, mostly for my upper body...today I haven't gotten much in as I've been running around in town on errands and such but I'll ride my stationery bike tonight.  At least in the house it's cool and not muggy.

Nomless you doing alright?   I'm wanting Fall also but not Winter, still not ready for winter.  It's so long here and so cold although I heard El Nino is here this year so we may not be as bad as in the past.

I'm feeling a little sad, a good friend  stopped corresponding with me and I have no idea why.   We talked fine one day and the next nothing and nothing since and no reason.  You can't fix things that both parties don't want to fix I guess. 

Then I saw a little dog in a car at the grocery store and the windows were only cracked a tad and it was barking and carrying on.  I went back in the store and told a manager.  I can't stand when people do that, poor little thing was hot....

Nomless did you watch ANW on Monday night with all the Military people?   If you did, I thought it was really good.  Some get so close to the top on that ladder and then don't have the strength to actually get to the top.  

Well that's about it for me today, need to start preparing dinner and take a load out of the dryer.

Have a nice rest of the day and evening!

Esteemed Contributor

@nomless wrote:

Hi, Skylark.  I hope the work on the doors is going well and that you love the result.  The bike isn't fixed.  Oh, well.

I was doing a workout on the elliptical with the TV on and the floor fan blowing on me because the room is very warm.  Another woman came in, turned off the TV and took the fan to the piece of equipment she was going to use. How rude is that??  I was so annoyed.  I'll go back later and finish up.  

Than you Nomless. The floors look great not that different just better.  Now the fun of haulin all the "stuff" back in. 

WOW!! The ignorance of some people .  Just rudely take the fan..and turning off the TV .I worked as a grocery cashier for a few years and that even shocks me and I've seen alot of rude behavior.  I can't imagine having absolutely no regard for anyone else's rights.  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Hi, Daring, nice to meet you.  You have a great program going.   I hope you'll keep posting.  You might motivate me tp get my strength program going again....I've neglected it far too long.

Skylark, it's great your floors turned out well.  Yesterday I had the workoutt room all to myself.  So nice.  I got a good workout in.

Hi, Bopper.  I'm sorry about your friend.....such mysteries are so sad.  Hugs for you.  You got a rice cooker, right?  Do you like it?  Tonight I'm going to use the cooker to make chicken and rice with a sweet sour sauce.  I love having some time to cook an evening meal. I'm just about done using up stuff that was in my feeezer, so I can start cooking more.    I hope the pup in the car was ok. It was good of you to look out for him.

Hi to Tony and Patty and Cater.  Hope things are good.  

Respected Contributor

Oh, one more thing.  Bopper, yes, I watched ANW.  That invisible ladder is tough.  Quite a surprise that only one person finished, and the week before only one or two finished.   Looking forward to the Vegas finals.

Respected Contributor

@nomless wrote:

Hi, Daring, nice to meet you.  You have a great program going.   I hope you'll keep posting.  You might motivate me tp get my strength program going again....I've neglected it far too long.

Skylark, it's great your floors turned out well.  Yesterday I had the workoutt room all to myself.  So nice.  I got a good workout in.

Hi, Bopper.  I'm sorry about your friend.....such mysteries are so sad.  Hugs for you.  You got a rice cooker, right?  Do you like it?  Tonight I'm going to use the cooker to make chicken and rice with a sweet sour sauce.  I love having some time to cook an evening meal. I'm just about done using up stuff that was in my feeezer, so I can start cooking more.    I hope the pup in the car was ok. It was good of you to look out for him.

Hi to Tony and Patty and Cater.  Hope things are good.  

Morning, nomless I don't have the rice cooker.  I never got it.  Still on my wish list.  Your dinner sounds really good, let me know how it turns out.

I just finished my workout of 20 miles on the X bike, 20 minutes on the TG, pull ups, chin ups, and abs, over an hour and very sweaty!  It's raining out and it's so humid...

Respected Contributor

Morning,  finally quit raining and the skies are blue and I got myself outside!   5 Miles done and now getting on the TG for my lower body workout.  My upper body is a little sore from yesterday so that's good.

Tomorrow after hubby is done working we are going to the State Fair.   It's always fun walking around the barns and the exibits .   I 'm not sure who is playing in the Grandstand either.

nomless I just got a recipe for Pumpkin quinoa if your interested.  I haven't made it but want to.  I have to get some pumpkin first though.

Well better get on to the next thing, have a great rest of your day!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was busy yesterday  and didn't get a workout in, but I did a long one today on elliptical and treadmill. Felt good. 

Bopper, have fun at the fair tomorrow.  I hope you have a nice cool day.  I'm not a fan of pumpkin so I probably wouldn't like your quinoa dish.  

I have no news, but wish everyone a happy weekend.

Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday, everyone.  

Bopper, I  hope you have a nice day for the fair.

I just finished a long, hard workout on elliptictical and treadmill.  I'm going to veg the rest of the day.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Hi, well we didn't go to the fair, it's too hot and we don't have AC in the car so we ditched that idea.  Just stayed in and did stuff in here.  Rode my stationery bike 35 miles while watching some shows I had recorded.

Very windy tonight, saying storms are coming.  Right now it's clear out.

nomless you had a great workout today.  You deserve a rest.  

Enjoy your evening.