Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the April Exercise Thread

Happy Wednesday, did my errands this morning and came home, put it all away and did Pilates.   Going to do the trail in a about 30 minutes.  It's cold and saying 6 inches of snow tomorrow.   Yes it's the way we roll here in the North but I'd still not want to live where it's 90 and humid either.  

MickD you really have been busy on those bathrooms.  I always wanted more than 1 bathroom.  Raising 2 boys and a husband in 1 bathroom wasn't fun, now it's just the husband  LOL  He's bad enough!!

Nomless glad you shopped in your closet and found the sandals.  Sometimes I forget I have something when its in the back of the closet.  I've been going through my closet actually and got rid of things I havent' worn in a year, out it goes...same with shoes and boots too.  I am gravitating to lower heels and more comfort as I get older, still want to look stylish but if I am not going to wear it more than once a summer it's not staying.  I think I'd get the bed spread and deal with the drapes when I could.  If you like the ones in Kohls then just go when you have one of their coupons and get them at a discount.  Sometimes I just keep neutral curtains and then I can change out the spread/comforter as I wish.   I still have my fleece sheets on, it's cold here. 

Lucy I knew DH would do good, keeping the postive thoughts and prayers for everything you have coming up.  Are you thinking about building rather than buying.  Has DH gotten his orders yet, I know you were waiting.

Foxxie you tell him, no more vacations!  Hahha   Glad you enjoy his class so much. 

I haven't seen Laura either, maybe she will read this and say hi.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone--I'm vicariously exercising through you this week.  I will be back to my office tomorrow, so will get in a round of Zumba and strength training this week.  My exercise this week has been biting my tongue.  And walking around a lot.

Happy belated, @MickD. My sister's b-day was Monday and I still haven't sent a card.

Respected Contributor

Bopper, I hear ya with going with neutral curtains. That's what I had for years, and I finally got so bored with them that I went for color when they needed to be replaced. Hence the dilemma I have now. Sigh.

DrKelli, things will be back to normal soon. Hang in there!

Honored Contributor

@Iluvlucy, I was so concerned about Laura14 that I searched her on the boards a month or so ago to see if she had been posting.  She had not.  I hope she is alright, too.

@bopper, be careful on those trails.  I'm assuming it's kind of isolated??  It's weird that you're still seeing snow.  Wow!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Biting your tongue, @DrKelli.  I had to laugh with that.  It's tough to do sometimes.

@nomless or @bopper,  one of you mentioned red curtains with a bedspread with many colors in it but not red.  My vote is to buy a more compatible color curtain.  Sounds like too many colors going on.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  It's Friday Eve!  I can remember when I was working how important that was for me, lol.  Now, it's usually just another day to be greatful to participate in.

Its nice and bright outside although the forecast is for thunderstorms starting around 9 am.  We'll see.

Yesterday, I went and got a pedicure with the intention of going to my health center.  I had a slight headache, though, so I just came on back home.  You never know which way headaches will go, intensify or go away.  I settled for just having pretty feet and relaxing at home.  I still got 13,000 steps, though.  It's really hard to do at home....for me, anyway.  Hubby says I cheat because I do chair exercises sometimes when I'm tired of walking.  I do arm and leg exercises in a chair.  Really good for knee work.  And the heart rate can still go into the cardio phase.  It's all about Moving.

I'm definitely going to the center today...no detours.  I like doing more than one activity when I go out but, as with yesterday, other stuff happens and you have to modify your day.

Be blessed and happy ladies!

Respected Contributor

Foxxie, I was the one talking about the red curtains I have. Yes, For the new bed cover I'm looking at, a different color would definitely be better. For winter, I put a quilt on the bed. I have several and red works for all. For the summer bed cover I'm looking at, blue or yellow would work; blue would be ok with the quilts I have, too. But I am tired of blue and am leaning to yellow. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have 2 sets of drapes, so I could switch out if I tire of a color.

BTW, chair exercise isn't cheating, IMO. 

Valued Contributor

Hi all...got 6-miles in and a pilates work-out under my belt so far...need to do a few weights yet but got sidetracked. 

MickD...I'm spring-cleaning too...got my pantry done yesterday and the 2 coat closets.  Blinds and windows are done already and all bangboards and molding, and both of my clothes closets...no grout though..lol!  Will have potential buyers/renters walking through soon...ugh.

bopper...I had some ladies come and get bags of my clothes for refugees.  Some are brand new as well as shoes but I want them gone and it's worth it to me.  She said her daughter had a field day with my clothes and shoes, the rest go to Columbian refugees.  They are coming again today so my dining room table is full again...and I sold my dining room table and chairs!  LOL! 

nomless...the kids have red drapes in their bedroom too and it's so hard!  I may change them when we're up there.  We were going to get temporary housing while our house is being built but they won't hear of it so I may as well make myself useful while we're there.

Mssfoxxie...I got a pedicure last week but now I want one for our trip this coming week.  Bad planning on my part! Smiley Tongue  I'll do a polish change.  I only count my walking/running steps, I don't even add in any of my other exercise.  However, I don't know how to do it..lol!  But it works for me, I had well over 10K in by 8 a.m. already so it's never like I struggle to get it in.

DrKelli...that can be a tough work-out...lol!  I hope you don't blow at the last minute and let it all out! Smiley Wink 

I ordered a running skirt from Lululemon with a phone pocket in the shorts part...only one I could find.  I have yoga shorts with the phone pocket, but couldn't find a running "skirt" with them in.  Hope I like it. 

Respected Contributor

Well, you will be happy to know that I made it through the day yesterday without biting my tongue completely off.  The guys at that plant are actually decent people and pretty much do as I ask without much complaining.  There were a lot of contractors onsite because they are in their spring outage, meaning they have 2 weeks to get all their  maintenance and big projects done before the summer season.

I'm glad that it is over for me though.  I will be at a conference for 3 days next week, so my workout will be a hotel workout, which sometimes isn't that great.

I'm also in the spring cleaning mode.   I actually hired a professional organizer to help me purge about 40-50% of my stuff.  We got the guest room closet done on Tuesday, plus a little bit of the master closet.  I think she would have rather started in the kitchen, but that doesn't annoy me nearly as much as the bedrooms.  I sent 5 55-gallon trash bags off with her.  She uses a thrift shop that supports domestic abuse victims and they take personal care products as well as clothes and household items.

I hope you all enjoy Friday Eve---that's what I call it too!  I'm looking forward to this weekend as I am having my eyebrows microbladed, so hopefully tomorrow will be the last day that I have to draw them on!

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday Eve to you all.   I did reformer today for over an hour and found some good workouts on youtube with new moves.   It's pouring rain and only 37 out so you can imagine the cold damp we are getting today.  No walking outside. Logan won't even go potty in the rain.  He acts like he isn't supposed to....

Everybody is Spring cleaning....ugggggggggg  hate it!   I start and then I stop being all overwhelmed.   We have a very small home and very small closets like 5' long only and I'm not talking walk in.   It's always a struggle to get in the dark closet and see what I even have.   Sliding doors on it but it's dark when I look inside.   Anyways.............

We're going to a concert tonight by our City band.    Playing all old tunes to the beat of Frank Sinatra.  I know we'll probably be the youngest people there but we don't care.  We like that era of music.

My son and DIL are doing good with the pregnancy.  Painting the baby's room today, as he's got some scheduled vacation time this week so that's nice he can get this done before he's gone again.  They have their crib purchased so just have to get the painting done. 

My other son and my GD are practicing their softball.  She's got a good arm so I think this season will be better than last.  I enjoy watching her games too.

nomless I think I would lean on neutral drapes, then you can put whatever color spread on you wish when you change it out.  I love looking at pretty bedding.  I keep getting emails from countrycurtains.com   and they have pretty things too.

Lucy sounds like a busy time for you, how exciting to be building.  That way you get what you want.  I hope it all goes smoothly for you. 

Dr.Kelli you did good biting your tongue.  Next week you'll have to make due with the hotel gym.  

Foxxie chair exercise all counts, your right it's just stay moving.

Well I"m not moving at the moment, watching my Tigers play Tampa....

Have a good day!