Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the April Exercise Thread

Wow... @Iluvlucy, tell your hubby I'm jealousy.  It takes me 12 minutes to do a mile.  Is he tall?  I'm less than 5 ft and have fairly short shorts.  I laugh at myself sometimes when I see people seemly walking slower than me but walk past me.

Happy house hunting.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy Saturday!  I am feeling better....with the cough still.  Nothing electronic is working for me today.  I use my son's iPad for the treadmill...its not online so no music.  I use mine and volume sucks, use a Bluetooth speaker....it runs out of juice mid run.....get my ear buds and one ear is missing....did 2.5 mi/33 min. on the treadmill.  Why is my foot killing me?  I wore the wrong shoes....

DH is making Greek lamb (Arni Fornou - Greek Islands Restaurant recipe...Chicago!  He proposed to me there....blah blah...honeymooned in Greece.....)  for Easter.  Just the 3 of us....and it is my big 5 0 tomorrow....they do anything special and I will kill......

Happy Easter !!!!!!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

Happy Saturday!  I am feeling better....with the cough still.  Nothing electronic is working for me today.  I use my son's iPad for the treadmill...its not online so no music.  I use mine and volume sucks, use a Bluetooth speaker....it runs out of juice mid run.....get my ear buds and one ear is missing....did 2.5 mi/33 min. on the treadmill.  Why is my foot killing me?  I wore the wrong shoes....

DH is making Greek lamb (Arni Fornou - Greek Islands Restaurant recipe...Chicago!  He proposed to me there....blah blah...honeymooned in Greece.....)  for Easter.  Just the 3 of us....and it is my big 5 0 tomorrow....they do anything special and I will kill......

Happy Easter !!!!!!!

Awww, how sweet.  Enjoy, @MickD.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hi, all. Happy Easter. I wish everyone a happy day.

Mick, happy birthday and happy anniversary, too. 

Lucy, good to see you. I'm glad DH is doing better. It sounds like life is crazy like for you, as usual. Hard to make plans when things are still up in the air. I hope DS is doing ok. I've had no more dizzy spells, thanks for asking. I see the foot doc in a couple of weeks. 

Bopper, I hope your dad is feeling better, too. Enjoy your Easter.

Foxxie, bummer about the plumber bill. What an unexciting way to spend lots of money, right? LOL. Oh, well, what must be done must be done.

I spent some time yesterday looking at part-time job postings. The library job has lots of positives about it, but I'm disappointed that it's not FUN. Years ago, I volunteered at our local community playhouse....worked on set construction between shows and backstage crew during show runs. I loved that. I looked yesterday to see if they have any part-time jobs, but, alas, they don't. There must be a fun job out there somewhere....

Honored Contributor

Happy Easter everybody!

@nomless, I understand your dilemma about having a job that's fun....or at least fun most of the time.  I'm not looking for a job per se but when I tell people that I need something besides going to the health center to fill my time since retire, the first thing people say is to volunteer.  

The problem with volunteering is that it's an obligation just like work.  And likely won't be fun.  If I'm going to do something that I'm not crazy about, I'd like to get paid, lol.

I hope you find something more to your liking, though, nomless.  You probably will have to compromise somewhere...hours, days or number of days, etc.  Good luck!

Respected Contributor

Thanks for your understanding, Foxxie. The great thing about my job is that it is only 15 hours a week, and I don't want to work more than that. Such jobs are difficult to find....Most part time jobs are 25-30 hours. But the fun factor certainly is missing.

I'm getting frustrated by fruits and vegetables lately. Recently, I got a potato that had tiny black spots (the size of a pin ******) all through it. I couldn't find any info about what that is, so I tossed it. Yesterday, an onion - it looked fine on the outside, inside was brown. Yuck. Into the trasj. Today a beautiful banana - I sliced it and it was black inside. Tossed it, too. What's happening to our produce???

Respected Contributor

Happy Easter everyone, it's been quiet for the most part here, cold 40 and rainy and foggy...Sigh...............  Went to church with the family and then cooked a big breakfast at my dads.    

Lucy he's doing better thank you for asking, seems to run a pattern of about 8-10 weeks, he is in his "flare" for about 3 days and then totally normal again.  I'm sorry your allergies are kicking in, seems early but than again maybe not.  Just here its so cold we don't even have any buds so the trees are bare, even a few snow flakes today.

Dr.Kelli I bet your class will go great this week!  Do you get nervous?

Nomless I hope your weekend was restful for you.

MickD you are getting back in the swing, take good care of yourself.

foxxie I have a terrible sweet tooth also, your not alone!  

CandleQueen did you get on your bike this weekend?  

I've been doing lots of pilates, my lower back/butt is still bothering me and walking the pavement seems to make it worse so haven't been going on the walks, doing the trail though.  The ground is better for me than concrete.

Have a lovely Easter evening!

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  I hope everyone enjoyed their Easter Sunday.  We went out and had a very nice dinner.  When I made the reservation online, I forgot to write 'window booth' as I normally do.  We got seated in the interior of the restaurant and they had the tables kind of tight.  I asked if we could wait for a booth and the server said sure and within a few minutes we were changed.......booth near the kitchen, ugh.  Great visual, lol.  I didn't bother saying that was not to my liking either.  Next time, I will make my reservation exactly as I want it.  My bad.

@DrKelli and everyone, I want to share my experience at my Saturday Zumba class.  One lady brought her guy friend with her and it was so obvious that he wasn't used to exercising.  He was in the back and there were only ten or twelve in the room.  Mirrors are all around the room so I had a good view.  I was in the front.  This guy was so funny with his movements and every move was a second or two behind everybody else.  Yes, the routines were new to him but it was just strange the way he moved.  At first I was just smiling but there came a time that he was so funny that I almost lol.  I laughed as quietly as I could but tears were running down my face.  I had to wip my face with my shirt because we had just used weights.  He wasn't trying to be funny, he just was.  The gf was smiling at him, too.  He made my morning and I give him E for the effort.

Walking, cardio and weight training today.  Enjoy your day!

Valued Contributor

Aaaannnd it's Monday again!  Hope everyone had a lovely weekend.  We had such a beautiful service yesterday, went to the earlier one and felt like we had the entire day ahead of us.  So we went grocery shopping, to the park by the river to see if it would be cooler walking for Lucy(it wasn't), then down to the old mill and general store and walked around down there, so pretty.  We were 85* already...aaaccck!  I do not like heat anymore, give me cold ANY day.  Rain today so at least it will be cooler, I'll take it!

bopper...that is so strange...sure wish they could figure it out.  It's amazing what they still can't figure out this day and age. Praying for him.

Mmssfoxxie...we had a new guy in one of my classes too and he was hilarious!  It was a harder class but he said he didn't see it coming...and he was moaning and groaning, huffing and puffing.  But, like you said, I gave him an A for effort. 

nomless...I'm glad you haven't had anymore of those episodes, that worried me, especially since you live alone. 

MickD..I hope your foot is okay.  I know you've dealt with this a long time now and seemed to be on the mend.

I am still sore from Saturday, had trouble sitting yesterday and standing back up.  But I need it, trying to shock my muscles.  Did a lot of burpees and men's push-ups so my shoulders are aching. One reason I try not to do men's push-ups but they are so effective.  I also did a lot of standing legs on the reformer and lunges and sumo squats off the bosu, I'm sure that's what made me so sore as I pushed way past my comfort zone!

Going for a run and doing upper-body...have to have my van in at noon, dh's is also in but he gets a loaner, Toyota doesn't do that.  I'll just wait and hope it isn't too long. We're leaving town next weekend for the week so need all this stuff done, so much going on!  DH has another interview tomorrow...the one he "really" wants! 

Respected Contributor

When I was on my cruise, there were a lot of men in the Zumba class and I have to admit, it is pretty hilarious watching some of them.  They go left while everyone else is going right and they never seem to catch on to the steps.  But you know what--at least they are trying.

I always tell people that I am the most uncoordinated person in the world and I eventually catch on to the steps.  It takes me about 3 times through.  Some Zumba songs don't repeat that much though, so it takes a couple of days before I catch on to it.

I will not be working out until Thursday this week because I am at a plant and don't have the option of going to the gym at lunch, but I will get my workout in practicing new Zumba routines.

@Iluvlucy, my shoulders were killing me this weekend because of the shoulder and back workout I did on Friday!

Hope you all have a terrific week.