Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the April Exercise Thread

Hello All! I have been riding my stationary bike 5 days a week, for 30-40 minutes a day and then 10 minutes of stretching afterwards....I plan to work up to an hour by June!..

Honored Contributor

Hi, @CANDLEQUEEN.  That sounds like a good plan that you have, slowly working up to an hour by June.

Hello, everyone.  I'm going to get out for my walk this morning.  Probably not much else except not sitting more than an hour at one time.  I try to move around a lot during the day either just walking around the house, chair exercises or in place soft running or as Leslie Sansone says in her tapes, some 'boosted walking'.  

Wow...the weekend is almost here again!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Morning, CandleQueen so nice to see you and you are crushing it with your bike.  Keep going, your doing awesome!!

Foxxie enjoy your walk.  I went this morning too and then did Bodyblade and some Pilates.   It's sunny and our snow is melting.

Nomless the weekend is almost here, how are your feet doing?

Lucy are you doing okay, how was your visit to see the kids?

Not much else here, have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Hi, all. Good to see you again, CandleQueen. Great job with the bike!

I couldn't sleep last night. Now am off to work,cthen I have to go to dinner with friends. Ugh. I don't feel like doing either. Already counting down the minutes until I'm back home tonight. Sigh.

Feet aren't any worse,Boppe, but I am looking forward to advice from the podiatrist in 10 days. The callus didn't hurt as much the last time I worked and slowly it is getting smaller, but I want it to be completely healed. I hope the doc can tell me what to do.

Beautiful spring weather here. Nice.

Have a good day, everyone.

Honored Contributor

2.5 mi/32.5 min on the treadmill.  I am glad I got it in....now to the store and pick up my contacts and make banana muffins for my son....I hate not getting a good night's sleep too @nomless I am counting the hours until I can put my feet up and have a glass of vino...

Happy Thursday everyone!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Hi, everyone.  Hope you're all doing fine.

Cardio class and my walk this morning, nothing fancy.  We're going to a fish fry at 6 pm today so I'm have to change my eating schedule.  I usually have my biggest meal early in the afternoon.  When I come home from my workout, this girl is ready to eat, lol.  I'll think of a small snack.  I'll bet my almond milk is spoiled by now so a smoothie is out.  My protein powder is old too.

Have a nice day, ladies.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hi ladies--I did Zumba yesterday (and forgot the same exact thing I forgot last week!) and today will do strength training with the trainer I have small group with on Tuesdays (the NO workout).  I am learning another new routine this weekend and hopefully will remember it enough to teach next Thursday.  Next week will be stressful because I have to spend a couple days at one of our plants.  That's not stressful, but I can't stand the plant manager.  He's a real jerk.

I hope you all have a good weekend.

Respected Contributor

Happy Good Friday everyone, it's a beautiful day here and I'll take it as they said it will start to change tonight with rain for the weekend and most of next week so I"ve been outside a lot just taking it in.   Did an hour on the reformer today and a dog walk to the trail.  Once again I ran into a lady with loose dogs and mine was leashed and she had trouble getting hers and I was hollering at them to stay.   She finally got them, never  said a word to me, turned around and walked away.   Sorry but rude!!

We're grilling tonight, and I'm having a nice glass of wine and sitting out on the deck.  Easter we are having brunch at dads after church.

Dr.Kelli that's tough when you have to deal with jerks, hope it isn't too bad for you.  Good luck with your new routine, I bet they all love it!

MickD glad to her your starting to get moving again, this winter was terrible for illness.

foxxie I hope your have a great weekend too.   Take it easy on the knees!

Nomless hope your Friday is going well and you can have some nice relaxing time this weekend.

Lucy are you OK, I hope your not in a flare, we all worry about you.  Check in if you can!

CandleQueen did you ride the bike today!   Glad to see you here again!

Enjoy your day everyone!

Honored Contributor

Good morning all.  The sun is just coming up and it's going to be around 82.   Whoopee!  

Our landscaper cut the grass Thursday and I complained to my husband that it was too soon.  Well when I looked out later and saw the fresh manicured look, I changed my mind.  That was me not wanting to put him back into the budget, lol.  This week was an expensive week.  $750 for the plumber.

@DrKelli, don't worry if you miss a few steps.  We understand how much you guys have to remember.  It's all good.  Love my Zumba!

@bopper, the lady with her unleashed dogs needs to watch Judge Judy.  There are cases on her show all the time about people not having control of there dog.  And she had more than one unleashed?  Dangerous and stupid of her.  Dogs, even docile ones, can be unpredictable.  When I see unleashed dogs, I go across the street.  I'm not used to them and don't want to spook one.

Speaking of dogs, on my FB feed I sometimes get videos of rescued dogs.  The other day I saw one that just broke my heart.  This animal was skin and bones, sores, fur almost gone.  They thought he would have to be put down but decided to work on him.  The results of medicine, food and loving care worked a miracle a few months later.  Didn't look like the same dog.  His eyes even looked different.  Why do people abandon and abuse animals when all they have to do is take it to a shelter.  So sad.

We were supposed to go to a fish fry last night but hubby was running late getting home so we didn't get there.  Actually, I really didn't want to go...it was just something for us to do together and I try not to turn that down.  

What is everyone doing for Easter?  I never go to church on Easter.... too many people!  We're going out to dinner.  Monday I have to face reality and cut back on my eating.  I thought with hubby having diabetes, it would help me with my eating but it hasn't.  My sweet tooth is really out of control.  At the doctors office a couple of weeks ago, I had to weigh and I'm up five pounds!  Exercising probably kept the pounds from coming as fast but too much eating is never good.

I hope everyone has a beautiful weekend!

Valued Contributor

Happy Saturday everyone!  I have to do this fast, I just skimmed through a few posts as I haven't been here in a while so want to get it in before I forget...lol...

nomless...how are you feeling?  Have you had anymore episodes with the dizziness?  What did doc say about your foot(if you already had your appt, can't remember now)?

bopper...I just read about your dad, is he better?  Honestly, I have never been out of a flare for over 2 years...just have my ups and downs.  My allergies have been driving me insane this week...very high tree pollen. Totally zaps my energy and I have to force myself to do everything. 

I'm trying not to spend as much time outside but that is VERY hard for me, I just can't do it...I did a 2-mile run outside then hopped on the treadmill for 3miles and felt like time was stading still!  It goes so much faster outside.  I read a meme that said "The only thing longer than a microwave minute is a treadmill mile"...so true!  I met my gf for a power-walk and after she saw me she said "Are you sure you should be doing this?"...it makes my entire face swell up. 

CANDLEQUEEN...good to see you again! 

MickD...how is Typhoid Mary feeling...lol?!   Hope that's behind you now. 

Mmsfoxxie...I have a sweet tooth as well.  We're going to church and out for brunch.  Nothing too exciting. 

Dr.Kelli...hope you're getting some down-time this weekend!

We're busy with lot and house-hunting.  Met with a builder while we were in PA last weekend.  Much more difficult when you're not familiar with the area and you have 2 locations(kids and work) that you have to be close to...very stressful.  And DH still doesn't have his orders so we can't even set-up our movers!  I doubt we'll be moving on time...I'm sure they're booked.

Going outside for a quickie then hitting the basement for a CF WOD dh wants to do.  He started running again since his back has been feeling a little better.  He did 4.2 miles last night in 32 minutes...outside, with hills, and sun.  It sure doesn't take him long to get back into it...and he's already lost 5 lbs.  You can hear the enthusiasm in my voice...lol!  Not fair! Smiley Wink