Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the April Exercise Thread

@nomless, I had something like that a month or so ago--vertigo so bad I thought I was going to pass out and when I rolled over in bed, I got dizzy and nauseous.  I ended up going to the doctor and evidently it is pretty common.  Something about there are crystals in your inner ear and they get lodged up, so you have to do this horrible exercise which involves laying on the bed with your head hanging off, turning your head to the side that your are most nauseous on and then sitting up.  You can probably google it for more info, but the exercise is worse than the vertigo.  It did clear up for me.

Well, I did my new song and only messed up once and I was happy with that.  People were really into it and one lady that never says anything in class came up to me in the locker room and told me how much she liked that song.  I told the instructor that my only goal was to be her substitute (because we never like our subs) and she told me that she loved that!

@bopper, i am a Tigers fan too--mainly because Pudge played for them for a few years and I got MLB extra innings to watch him, then I got hooked on the Fox sportscasters--Rod and Mario--because they are hilarious.  Our home opener is tomorrow and I loathe opening day downtown (where I work and where Coors Field is) because there are so many extra people who don't know the customs of being downtown and then trying to get out of downtown when it is a day game stinks.

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.  That darn vertigo!  Seems to get us all from time to time.  Not a good feeling at all.  Feel better @nomless.

Knee is less stiff today so I'm going to do a controlled walk and very low impact cardio class this morning.

Make it a great day, everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

DrKelli, thanks for your comments about vertigo. After I posted yesterday, I thought of that a d wondered if that what what I was experiencing. I'm happy to say that yesterday, I did fine at work. It wasn't very busy, so I was able to go at a slower pace. The walking and squats, etc., didn't bother me yesterday. I was so grateful. I still feel like the dizziness might recur if I turn too quickly, but it's better than it was. So probably not full-fledged vetigo. 

Yay that your song and routine went over well yesterday. What's next?

I hope Panera doesn't change much either. 

Bopper, I hope your back is better. Have you tried the low back trax thing (the Shark Tank find) that Laura found useful?

Foxxie, yay that those knees are feeling better. I hope you do ok with slow easy walking.

Hi, Lucy, have a good day.

Hi to Mick, as well.

Happy Friday to all. 

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all--Opening day at Coors Field today.  Which means I will be aggravated beyond belief at all the extra people downtown, who don't know how to act downtown.  Lots of jaywalkers, lots of people crowded on the mall shuttle, people standing in the middle of the sidewalk not moving.  I know, I know--I sound like an 80 year old man GET OFF MY LAWN, but when you work down here--you move fast--point A to Point B. I do love baseball, not as much as when Pudge played, but it means warmer weather and I really love that.

I will be learning another routine for Zumba and hopefully doing it in class in a couple of weeks.  I offered to give 2 classes at a national safety conference (hopefully they take me up on it) so I need to learn12-15 songs by the end of August.  I'm basically learning a routine one song at a time. LOL.

We're supposed to have a half and half weekend--tomorrow nice, Sunday, not so nice.  I'm trying grocery pickup from Walmart for the first time because I feel like I have so much to do this weekend that I won't get to relax.  My BFF swears by it and the one thing I KNOW it does is cut back on impulse purchases.  I meal prep for the week and have a new recipe for an Italian chicken dish.  I'm substituting riced cauliflower for the rice in in.  I don't avoid carbs--I love them, but I thought it was a good way to get some extra veggies in because I am very bad at that.

Honored Contributor

Good morning, Group.  Happy Saturday and I hope your day is as sunny as mine is.  @DrKelli, sounds like you really enjoy what you do!  Offering to donate some of your services is great!

Zumba class and walking for me this morning.  I haven't said lately how much I enjoy my fitness center!  It offers everything I need and more.  

Enjoy your day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Happy Sunday, everyone.  It's supposed to get into the seventies today.  Hope everyone is having great weather to enjoy.

Respected Contributor

Good Morning, we had a lovely warm day yesterday.   My dad is having issues again so I had him with me on Friday and Saturday and we took a nice ride to a lake and he enjoyed it so much, made him dinner and he ate very well.  It was nice.

Today supposed to have some rain coming but it could use a green up here, everything is so grey and no buds on the trees yet so it's quite barron here. 

Nomless I'm glad your feeling better, the slower pace is okay until you are back to your normal self.   I have the Teeter back stretch thing coming from HSN, I trust Teeter more than LG as I have his inversion table too so we'll see.  I go to track my order though and it hasn't been updated since it shipped so hard to know where the thing is.  Not much help having a tracking number when you can't get anything on the page to update.  Hope it comes early this week.   I'm hanging in there, thank you for asking.

Dr.Kelli your zumba class sounds fun, wish we could all join you!   I imagine the area around Coors field is nut-so!   Tigers are rolling along so to speak.

foxxie nice day for you today!   Enjoy.

We started out tick treatment on Logan, they are already showing up here.  I  know more South it happened a while ago as your warmer than us but for us this is early.  I hope it won't be a bad year but I'm thinking it may.

MickD are you feeling better yet?

Going to do my reformer and stretch some and then burn brush before the rain comes.  Good day for it, then check on my dad again.

Have a great Sunday!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  Stormy Monday forecast but it hasn't started yet.  The worst is supposed to be this afternoon.  Hope I'm back home by then.  In the seventies again.  

@nomless and @MickD, I hope you're doing better.   @bopper, I hope your dad is improving, too.  Wouldn't it be nice if everybody felt good everyday?  Wishful thinking, right, lol.

Opthalmologist appointment this morning.  I go three times a year since I have glaucoma but I'm going to ask about twice a year instead since my pressure is pretty stable.  This morning will be my long visit since I have to be dilated.  That means at least a two hour total visit.  Glad they have wifi.  The reason I want to cut back on the visits is because I don't like the winter visit.  Almost always bad weather that day although it wasn't this year.  I go in April, August and then December.

If I do any exercising today, it will be at home this afternoon.  If my vision is too blurred to read my iPad after dilation this morning, maybe I'll go outside and walk for 40 minutes or so if it's not raining.  During dilation you have to sit for almost an hour or so....down time.

Enjoy your day folks.

Respected Contributor

Hello, this morning I did Pilates reformer, 30 toning and 30 rebounding.  We had terrible storms last night with hail and wind and thunder.   Our highway was closed for sometime for trees and power lines, garages are blown over, it was something.  I'm grateful we still have power as many don't.

70 yesterday and 34 today, hello Spring!

I'm watching my Tigers now on TV and made my son brownies as he has a rough day today with all these detours.  He drives semi and has a long 14 hour day today and then coaches his daughters softball team so he has their 1st practice at 6:30 so I'm taking my 1 year old GD here so he can get to practice.

Foxxie hope you don't get what we had but you may!   Good luck at the eye dr.

nomless hope your not dizzy still, take good care!

Mick D waving!

Okay gotta run and take Mr. Logan out.  Have a good rest of the day!

Respected Contributor

Hi, all. Happy Monday.

Bopper, I hope your dad is ok. I saw the Teeter back thingie....I hope it help you. Yes, it looked a lot like the one Q has.

Foxxie, I hope your eyes are doing ok.

I'very been making lots of doc appts for  my routine checkups.  Physical, eye doctor  ( it's been about 5 years since I last had them checked). Also made an appt for a podiatrist to check out my foot. I think it's OK, but the callus still hurts so I suppose a podiatrist should check it out. I get so nervous about medical appts, 

Cloudy day here, but it's nice to see the trees flowering. Love spring time.

No news here. I've had quiet days spent reading. Perfect!