Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the April Exercise Thread

[ Edited ]

Grrr about pricing games retailers play. Yesterday, HSN showed a Jay King aquamarine necklace for $90 on 5 EZ pays of about $18. It's my birthstone so I was interested, but didn't want to put more on my cc this month. Decided to wait until tomorrow, when a new cycle starts. I checked this morning, and the price now is $150. Grrr. That's beyond what I can justify. I didn't see the entire presentation yesterday and didn't realize the price was one day only. Had I known that, I probably would have purchased the necklace last night when I saw part of the presentation. Oh, well, it's not something I need.

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, foxxie we have the drizzle/sleet/rain here too, and it's cold.  We're only 36 out and up the road was a 4 car crash because the highway is a sheet of ice.  It was really foggy earlier.   I hear ya on the expensive.  We're going to be celebrating 40 years of marriage in October and we can't go on any vacation either.   We haven't had a vacation in 40 years, I mean that too.   The only place we went was last November to CO for my sons wedding but he paid for our airline tickets and it was my first time ever flying in my life.   I did okay but not fond of it at all.     Happy May Birthday to your hubby.  My BD is in May also and so is my youngest son and his new wife and my sister.   I told everyone not to buy presents, it's just too expensive and all adds up.    Just enjoy your hubby's BD and have a quiet nice dinner with him.

Nomless that's nuts!  I'd be upset too.  Why do they do that?   

MickD can you get outside today?   I debated going to the trail but it's hard drizzle and cold and frankly can that really be any fun or enjoyable?  I think not!  

I did an hour on the reformer this morning and made some coleslaw for dinner to go with our chicken.  Just stuff around here and I'm fine with that.

I sure hope this weather breaks, this is quite depressing!

Honored Contributor

Top of the morning, group.  I got lucky yesterday and missed driving in rain yesterday.  Actually, after yesterday morning, we saw none in this part of town.  But poor was it windy!  I really had to hold on too my shopping cart, lol!

I had a nice time walking yesterday and that was it.  When I got home, I made sure to walk as much as I could.  Like a bunny, hopping here and there, lol.

We might go to a fish fry tonight but I really hope we don't, lol.  Hubby wants to go so I'm ok with it but since we're going out to dinner tomorrow, I just don't want to do two days in a row.  The other thing about eating out is that it means I eat later than I like. At home, I eat dinner by 4 pm.  If I get too hungry later, I eat fruit.  I've just gotten back on track after being in a Haagen Daz ice cream phase for weeks!  The result was not pleasant.

@nomless, you might have to get your callous scraped again by the doctor to make sure it's not a continuing problem since you still feel some.

Walking and cardio today.  Enjoy your day!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hello, everyone!  I'm back from my conference and have had the lung plague since Tuesday, so I don't feel great.  I am also a May baby!  Glad to see so many of us!

I didn't practice Zumba at all.  But I did drum up some business for the classes at our National Safety conference!  I'm just waiting for final approval from the conference committee and they meet next week.

I have a 30 minute workout at lunch today and am planning on leaving by 2 because a), I feel like doo doo and b) we are expecting a major winter storm starting this afternoon.  Boo.

Have a nice weekend!

Respected Contributor

Happy Fri-yay day everyone!   I did an hour on my reformer today, learning some new moves from youtube.   

Dr.Kelly glad you are back but not glad you feel like crud.   Rest up, drink up, ( wink, wink) and feel better.   We're under a Winter weather advisory also, isn't that peachy!  But it is what it is.  

Foxxie we're going to a fish fry tonight too and taking my 89 year old father with us.  It's a cool place with a 50's flare, big motorcycles hanging form the ceiling and old car parts and just like a Happy Day's feel.  He's looking forward to it I know.

Nomless how are you doing?  Are your feet still barking?   I saw a pair of birkenstocks I liked but not sure if they are really in style .  Don't want to look dorky.  I still like to look trendy but must be comfortable.

MickD how is the cleaning going, your the champion!!!

Lucy still thinking about you and the family this week, hope your enjoying your time.

Waving to everyone!

Respected Contributor

DrKelli. TGIF, right? Maybe you can rest this weekend and get over the illness you picked up. I hope you feel better soon.

Foxxie, my callus hasn't been hurting at all. Yay! Maybe the doc removed enoufh so it will no longer be an issue. I hope the skin softens up back to normal. I'll keep babying it.

Bopper, for her, I've opted for comfort over style re: shoes for years. It's difficult to find both features in one pair of shoes. 

Lucky stroke today: the bedspread I ordered arrived today, and soon after I heard Kohl's "lowest prices of the season" ad. You'll recall that my drapes don't match and my angst about replacing them. When I priced the curtains I want at Kohl's before it was $80 to replace them, I think.  Maybe $60. Today with the super sale price it was $30! Awesome! The best part is they are lovely drapes, and they really do block the light. I'm glad I got the new bedspread and another set of drapes (the existing set is red, the new set is blue). I'll have lots of options for switching things out so I can change the look at will. In the end, it all worked out. 😊

Honored Contributor

Good dreary morning, everyone.  Everyday is a good day, lol, even dreary ones.  That might be hard for me to say this evening, though, if the bard rain happens while we're out.  I hate being in a car when the weather is acting up.  I feel really bad for you @bopper and @DrKelli having winter type weather.

@nomless, so glad that you have curtains that work for your room.  Didn't take too long either.

I hope you feel better soon @DrKelli.  Not feeling 100% and still have to do classes if difficult.  Rest is what you need.

Hope you're ok @MickD and @Iluvlucy.

@laurie14 , I thought about you when I saw the TSV for today...another Fitbit.  I definitely wouldn't buy another one but I like the fact that this wristband is thinner.  Strange that your tag didn't pop up as I typed you're name maybe I have it wrong.  If you see this, though, I hope you are well.

Enjoy this day of life everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Valued Contributor

Hi everyone...we're home!  And what a week we've had.  Don't even know where to start...lol!  I had another bad flare, ended up in the ER last Sunday with my throat closing, lips swollen, blood-pressure dropping, etc.  Did 6-miles before we went so I'm not sure if the pollen pushed me over the edge or what..who knows.  But we were supposed to go to PA on Saturday or Sunday so cancelled those plans. 

Left Monday even though I was pretty bad and felt horrible.  Wasn't even sure if I'd make the game(Pirates/Cubs) but I did, swollen face, hives, and all.  My dil and I walked back to the hotel early and ds and dh stayed at the game.  Someone at work set dh up with one of the Pirate's chefs and they made us dinner...then the Pirates made him Fan of the Day...lol.  It was fun, they interviewed him, read his bio(honored his military career), put him on the JumboTron, we were in the dug-out with the players, etc...the manager for the Pirates must be a fan of the military, but we're now a fan of them!  Good people and a great welcome to the city.  Glad I made it for all of that.

Then he had a big interview so Lucy and I walked the city in the rain but it was nice, we definitely weren't the only ones out there and they all loved Lucy.  Then headed up to the kids house for house-hunting all week. Very expensive area and I don't understand why, I'm exhausted.  Still don't have orders so he's fighting for those...possibly putting an offer on a house today so very scary without them.  Yesterday we drove home and were getting pre-approval for our va loan, on the phone with realtors, unpacking, etc. 

Then we get home and our a/c is busted.  We are having record-breaking heat today...FIGURES!!  Only us!  We slept on the living-room floor, I can't have heat as it makes me sick and brings out a flare...and I'm not out of the last one yet!  Guy came out at 7:00...couldn't get a hold of the landlord to approve the work.

Well, I left a bunch out but this is long enough.  DS had his infusion yesterday so that's always stressful.  Oh, when we were leaving yesterday(both kids at work), Reese got out of the fence, I'm out running around the neighborhood screaming looking for him, thinking he's been hit by a car...you can't make this stuff up!  No wonder I'm nuts!

Anyway, too long as it is, I'll try and read everyone's posts later and reply.  I'm afraid to hit "post" and see how long this is. Smiley Tongue  Have a great day everyone!!! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Iluvlucy, welcome home. Darn the AC being out and it being hot there. I watched parts of all the Cubs-Pirates games, but didn't see any of the hoopla concerning your DH. Darn! I would have loved seeing him. Either I missed it, or it wasn't included in the broadcast I receive.

Here, temps in the 30's and snow tonight and tomorrow. I know it won't last long and will probably melt on contact, but still...snow, really? 

ETA: I tried to find Pirates Fan of the Day news online, but found nothing.  😞

Valued Contributor

nomless, I think only certain places broadcasted it...one of my friends in another state did see him on the Jumbotron...but I'm sure it was more local.  He was embarrassed but he had a great time.

What I wouldn't give for snow instead of this heat!  My gf flew home Wed from Hawaii and got stuck on the interstate for 4-hours, they shut it down for a big snow-storm...and she wasn't feeling well and just wanted to get home.  There are still 4 states out west with over 3-feet of snow on the ground!  Back home had a day of snow on Thursday, up and down...but it really isn't uncommon for April and even May, it's more the really warm days then snow the next.  However, 91* for this area is...lol!  We're trying to get someone out here today to fix it...the people that came last night that told us what is broken can't come today. 

Grocery shopped and credit-union this morning...time to work-out!  Waiting for "someone" that is still on the phone. Smiley Tongue