Contributor

Does the new program start today?

Honored Contributor

@Yesyesyes568, what I was always told at my meetings was that although fruit was zero points unless you add it to a recipe, you should be careful.  Portion amounts should be eaten and if still hungry, use it as a snack up to the point that it hindered weight loss.  In other words, no food is zero calorie and to eat zero point foods cautiously.

Yes, Oprah is on it and last I heard she had lost 20 lbs.  For myself, I am not throwing out everything I have that is poins plus, including my 2 calculators, cookbooks, etc.  The new cutting board does look interesting, though. 

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Today was my weigh in day and it looks like that Smart Points thing is on my page but evidently they're having issues as nothing seems to work properly..  And when I went to add my fat free cheese, which is 4 points for 2 servings, it didn't come over from my favorites but prompted me to put in all the nutrition facts again to get to 2 points per serving.  I'll hold off adding anything further cause when I go to the site, all I see are the words beta here and there.  I sure wish they'd re-add the classic way of posting food.. 

I still wonder if all of this is because of Oprah..  It isn't that I don't like her, I don't care for her is all.. wonder how much money she's making off of WW now? 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Re: Weight Watchers

[ Edited ]

I was on the phone with WW customer service for 50 minutes today. Our meeting yesterday was a NIGHTMARE; the place was packed with so many members, it was standing room only. Why? Everyone wanted to know what was going on with WW. I left mid-way because questions were NOT being answered; so I called CS today (hold time last night was 30 minutes plus).

1) They will NOT give specific info about the plan over the phone; you MUST attend a meeting.

2) The site is NOT ready for the new program; nothing is working. It MIGHT be ready end of the week. So, they rolled out a new program but without any online updates ready? Yes, said CS.

3) There are NO handouts/hard copies of the new program; it can ONLY be accessed online (but wait... online doesn't work!!). New members can ONLY do the program by joining the online service (more money, of course). They MIGHT be bringing out hard copies of the new program but that is months away.

4) Lifetime members do NOT need to pay to join the online program when it DOES work.

Yes, sugar and saturated fats are now part of the equation of points.

50 minutes to find all that out. NOT IMPRESSED, Weight Watchers!!!

I'm attending another meeting tomorrow; let's hope that one is much calmer.

OH, for those that care: Oprah has been on the new program since August and has been losing weight "without effort". I don't care but CS seems to think people need to know this.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I was on the phone with WW customer service for 50 minutes today. Our meeting yesterday was a NIGHTMARE; the place was packed with so many members, it was standing room only. Why? Everyone wanted to know what was going on with WW. I left mid-way because questions were NOT being answered; so I called CS today (hold time last night was 30 minutes plus).

1) They will NOT give specific info about the plan over the phone; you MUST attend a meeting.

2) The site is NOT ready for the new program; nothing is working. It MIGHT be ready end of the week. So, they rolled out a new program but without any online updates ready? Yes, said CS.

3) There are NO handouts/hard copies of the new program; it can ONLY be accessed online (but wait... online doesn't work!!). New members can ONLY do the program by joining the online service (more money, of course). They MIGHT be bringing out hard copies of the new program but that is months away.

4) Lifetime members do NOT need to pay to join the online program when it DOES work.

Yes, sugar and saturated fats are now part of the equation of points.

50 minutes to find all that out. NOT IMPRESSED, Weight Watchers!!!

I'm attending another meeting tomorrow; let's hope that one is much calmer.

OH, for those that care: Oprah has been on the new program since August and has been losing weight "without effort". I don't care but CS seems to think people need to know this.

@SahmIam, all of what you wrote is very interesting, especially what I bolded.  Hmmm maybe using her as an example/tool to bring more people into to WW's?  The way it's going, I'm about to cancel my account online..  They should've had all of this worked out before implementing such a big change & with a huge explanation to each person, not something canned on the website.  This is very aggravating to say the least. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

From what I read in a blog this morning, this new plan has been in the making long before Oprah.  They went to her asked her to sign on and would only do it with having a personal interest such as an investment in the company and she wanted to try the program first.

It seems that the program is going towards a program like Simply Filling which I couldn't do anything with.  I doubt if I do the new program.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Re: Weight Watchers

[ Edited ]

I wanted to stop back in today to see what other members thought after yesterday's reveal. I will go back today to get the NEW calculator. I'm guessing it might be a bit more healthier, and that's good. I am able to have enough "me" time, so that part I don't care for. I did remember back to a question a few months ago and it wasn't touched on. In 1/2 hr. a lot wasn't really answered, don't know what all to ask really just yet. Smart Ones will have to be changed and people who use smart phones will need to recalculate. Old points may be new, 60% I understand will be new. Here's the ** bing, bing, bing, I will be interested in: since you can set your own goal, I believe you will continue to pay each visit and that way, they continue to help you. So that's a major change to me. Once you hit goal, you will continue to pay for visits, it no longer will be free. That came back to me the other day, when months ago, that was asked about in a meeting. It came back to me, and it didn't get real coverage on yesterday's discussion, so we'll see!!!! Edited to add: I think this is a reason for them to tell us, not to be so consumed with the scale...they are trying to change our point of view. Not all bad but, omission bothers me..

Trusted Contributor

@Suziepeach I have not had a chance to go to a meeting yet. I won't be able to go until next week. 

Question - Will current lifetime members have to pay when they weigh in? Has that changed?

I have some medical tests, which includes a colonoscopy. (ugh) so I won't be able to go until next week.

Thanks in advance. 

Honored Contributor

@Lucibee wrote:

@Suziepeach I have not had a chance to go to a meeting yet. I won't be able to go until next week. 

Question - Will current lifetime members have to pay when they weigh in? Has that changed?

I have some medical tests, which includes a colonoscopy. (ugh) so I won't be able to go until next week.

Thanks in advance. 

@Lucibee, I don't have any idea about current lifetime members having to pay or not when they weigh in.. I cancelled my account online with WW this morning.  I'll just put pen to paper and keep my own record and accountability.

Good Luck with that colonoscopy too- had mine about 3 weeks ago, it was a crack up!  LOL 

Go VOLS
Trusted Contributor

@Suziepeach Thanks for the fast reply. I'll have to find out next week.

Regarding the colonoscopy, you crack me up. Smiley Happy