Contributor

I'm a Lifetime member of Weight Watchers and today received an email about something new to the program.  Our instructors are tight lipped about it.  Has anybody heard anything other than the Oprah thing?

Honored Contributor

As long as they don't mess with the points, I don't care. heck, even if they do, I'm not changing/going along with it.

My leader has been talking about all the great stuff but who knows. They are repackaging everything so maybe a new look?

Esteemed Contributor

They seem to do this every couple of years. I like the points plan and lost weight then they went to points plus and I and others seem to struggle with losing weight. I think that fruit and veggies should not be free because they still have calories. You can't tell me you can eat 5 bananas a day plus your regular food and lose weight. I know they are focusing more on being healthy and not so much the number on the scale. I guess we shall see.

Trusted Contributor

Well we do know that they have been losing money this year.  And oprah recently invested big bucks.  So you can expect some major changes.  She's a savy business woman so she'll shake things up.

Respected Contributor

This is suppose to be the biggest change to the program in 50 years. It's a complete overhaul. I believe we will now have to count sugar and fat grams somehow into the equation   The new program will be introduced right after Thanksgiving 

Honored Contributor

Since Opra joined the stock has gone up 300%....yup, there will be a major overhaul

Honored Contributor

Today, on ET, Oprah said she has lost 20 lbs.  She didn't say it was because of WW but I would assume so.  She was talking about her weight through the years and how she realizes now that weight doesn't define her.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Mssfox...this makes sense.  I read recently that Oprah noticed that her best friend Gayle was losing weight on WW which gave her the incentive to investigate, invest, and join the program.

Trusted Contributor

I went to WW for my weigh in last month, and they had everything on sale. Receptionist told me they are changing everything.

Trusted Contributor

Sugar and fat???  Now my interest is peaked!!  Was a WW for years but could never get into the Points system - it just seemed like too much memorization and calculation for me so I dropped out.  But now we know that fat-free is not that great and that now that the emphases is on sugars as well as fat, I may just have to look into it again.  But you can bet Oprah is on the new system!!!!