Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE OCTOBER EXERCISE THREAD

Hey hey this morning I did 60 minutes on the TG with Rosalie using the CycloTrainer for the sprints and intervals in between the strength.  It's one of my all time favorites now.  Then dog walked before the  gully washer.  

The rest of the day is pretty much wet!

Anyone do the Amazon Prime stuff?  I don't have Prime. Sometimes I think I should get it I do order lots from there.  119$ for a year I think.

@DrKelli  that's fantastic news.  Nothing tops that news today!!!  So blessed!!!

How's everyone else doing?  And @DrKelli  I agree this Covid ****** isn't disappearing come January 1st in fact didn't they say more than likely around until next Fall?  Not trying to be a downer but I think that's what they are saying realistically.

Guess I"ll run out and get my mail.

Stay safe everyone!

Honored Contributor

That is fabulous news @DrKelli - so happy for you!

No workout for me today.  Got up too late before I had sign in at work, then had to take Montague to the vet for his yearly senior check-up and by the time I got home from that, it was just to darn hot.  We've got another heat wave now through the end of the week which means fire danger is up again.    Will be glad when November gets here, usually it starts cooling off and the fire danger goes down until the first good rain.

I also agree with @DrKelli that this COVID is not going to magically disappear come January.  I expect it'll be around well into next Fall.

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.  

A chilly night and my furnace seems to be blowing out cool air instead of warm.  This is new.  Just had it cleaned and inspected because State Farm required it due to our flooding.  I'm so tired of repairman galloping through my house with this virus going on!  Yet, I'm thankful that they are willing to come.  I need Comcast to come but haven't called....I miss my kitchen tv which hasn't been working since the water restoration guys came through like a hurricane removing and detaching things.  I can still play DVDs  though.

@DrKelli, you are so brave!  It's difficult for me to make decisions about surgery and I'm sorry that you have to.

Had a nice workout yesterday.  This was in the gym, a larger space, instead of the aerobics room.  More room to spread out.  I have a cardio/weight trying class scheduled for this morning but I don't know if I'm going.  If I don't go, I might stay home and do Leslie Sansone with my new ASIC shoes that came yesterday.  The fit seems good but I'm so glad I ordered a size up.  I hate that I ordered white, though.

Have a great day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning all!

I'm back from the dermatologist--had several shots in my scalp--it's just as much fun as it sounds.  Plus I'm back on prednisone for awhile.  At least I start with only 10mg instead of 20 like last time--that made me so squirrely that no one could stand me.  I feel so badly for my derm--I never reaally thought of his practice as a small business, but it is and the pandemic was hard on them.  And now, even though they can see patients in office, they have to limit the number of people waiting, so that cuts back on how many they can see.  I hope Colorado doesn't have to revert back to a stay at home order again.

Probably no work out today though.  I learned a new dance last night and my instructor has decided that I will be competing in country as well as ballroom.  This happened after we warmed up with a west coast swing and about the middle of it, he said I thought you didn't know this dance. You lied.  And I said, sort of--I haven't done it since the 90s and I learned it when I was taking a country dance class after my divorce.  The guy who taught it was not a professional so it was very basic stuff.  He also gave me 2 lessons for watching their dogs, which is a pretty nice payment considering what they cost.  I was just happy I could do that for them because I know how stressful it is to find someone who will take care of your dogs as well as you do.

I hope you all have a great day!!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli , girl I hate to imagine how those shots felt!  I would have come on here whining being the chicken that I am.  

Good old fashioned bartering helps both parties....good.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie the ones on the side don't hurt much, but on the neck in the back--that skin is TENDER!!  One of them bled a bunch, so that wasn't fun.  It's okay--it doesn't hurt after.  Nothing like the shots in the thumbs.  That is my new standard for how much a shot hurts.

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies.  no workout for me today. Its supposed to be in the low 90's and there is no way I am working out in that.  Its hot and there is a strong wind from the north coming through which is not good for the fire danger.  Also not good for my allergies and with this kind of wind, my asthma can act up.  So, windows and shades are closed to keep out the heat and wind.  This weather is supposed to be here until Sunday.

@DrKelli you are a far braver soul than me.  Like @Mmsfoxxie said, I would be whining and crying and being a big baby with those shots.

Have a good day everyone and please be well and safe

Respected Contributor

Seriously--it's not that bad.  In 2016, when I had the first round of alopecia--I had 40 shots in my scalp.  Now that was painful.  I had about 10 today, so it was easy.  No worse than a flu shot.  Except there were 10 pokes, not one.

Respected Contributor

Hey y'all today was Rosalies Crazy for Cardio on TG  TV and I repeated it twice for a total of 60 minutes, good and sweaty on the TG and I even fogged up my basement window LOL.

@JudyL sorry it's warm there again, we had snow flurries today.  Way to early for this ******!

@DrKelli guess you will be practicing a lot with 2 types of dances to learn!  Sorry you had to have those shots into your scalp that has to kill!!

@Mmsfoxxie  I miss my TV in my kitchen.  We used to have one on our breakfast bar but I forgot why we took it out.  Probably as we'd have to buy another box and we already have 3, living room,, bedroom and basement.

I feel like a pumpkin scone right now!   I hope that passes LOL

Have a great night!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli Congrats on the unremarkable mammogram!

@Mmsfoxxie Do not get me started on workmen.  A couple weeks ago when the two repair guys came to look at the dishwasher I showed them into the kitchen.  I then went out in the backyard.  When I came in the back door there was a random work guy ready to run into me to go into the backyard. He said - I am here to see the owner Steve.  I said - No your'e not! Your'e in the wrong house! WTF!!!!  If there had not been so much stuff going on I might have punched him.  Of course my husband was home and saw this guy walk in and thought he was with the other two guys. Clueless!!!

Hot this am .....trail run of 3.73mi/43min.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G