Honored Contributor

This is going to sound nuts but here goes - hospitals give me dry mouth, I had terrible sinus headache and dry mouth after my stay for pneunomia at the start of the year, well it seems to be happening again the dry mouth is horrible I had it in the hospital too. nothing has helped until now, we turned on our humidifier and it seems to be helping a lot, I hope this is a solution 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Please check with your Dr.  Severe dry mouth can be a symptom of several medical conditions.  I have Sjogrens and auto immune disorder and that was one of the symptoms I had.

For the immediate day to day there are numerous products you can buy over the counter to help.  ACT has mouthwash, gum and others to help.  It's miserable I know.  Wishing you good luck.

Respected Contributor

Agree with previous poster. I have Sjogren's and get a scrip for a med called ceveline. Their are some good mouth moisturizer. See your doc if it doesn't go away. My mother lost all her teeth after an anesthesia and surgery dried out ther mouth.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox I have a lot of trouble with dry mouth.

Dry mouth has really done a job on my teeth.

My Dr finally gave me something that works wonders.  It's prescription.  If you are interested I'll let you know.

I've tried a lot of other over the counter drugs and other prescription and none worked as well as this one.

Let me know @annabellethecat so I don't miss seeing your post.  

People have no idea how uncomfortable it is to have such a dry mouth.

Honored Contributor

@brandiwine 

I deal with this on a regular basis its part of my CVID but this is 10 times worse

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@brandiwine 

I deal with this on a regular basis its part of my CVID but this is 10 times worse

@I am still oxox wrote:

@brandiwine 

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this.  I hope you find something that helps.

Honored Contributor

It could be the painkillers if you're taking those. 

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse 

Been off of the since two days post op, 

@GenXmuse wrote:

It could be the painkillers if you're taking those. 

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox 

It doesn't sounds nuts to me.  Hospitals have dry air.  I have dry lips and a dry throat just from visiting people there.

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox it looks like you have some more experienced people than me here with regards to dry mouth, but I suffer from sinus congestion that obstructs my nasal passages and i have a little handheld vaporizer that helps me, and may help you, and I thought I would recommend.  Mypurmist.  I like the cordless version.  I use when I need and the humidity is wonderful.  It's just water vapor, so no drugs or anything.  I bought it in Amazon, I think I first saw it in an ad on TV.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery!