Respected Contributor

WELCOME TO THE OCTOBER EXERCISE THREAD

Image may contain: tree, sky, plant, outdoor and nature

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE OCTOBER EXERCISE THREAD

@bopper 

Such a beautiful picture.  I'd love to live there!

Honored Contributor

Beautiful picture!  Wish I was there right now!

Trusted Contributor

@bopper 

Stunning photo! What's the october exercise thread?  

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everybody.  Cloudy, chilly and dreary yesterday as it has been most of the week.  We broke down and turned on the heat yesterday evening.

@bopper, Hubby and I both had doctor appointments this week.  He had a scope put down his throat (painful)to view his stomach.  No results yet.  He's working on eating properly to control his diabetes but something is still wrong.  Almost no appetite.  Balance is off, energy level low.  

As for me.....the podiatrist says I have flat feet and that my workout shoes probably give me no support (New Balance)..  He made a temporary orthotic for me but I haven't tried it yet.  I asked why my feet do t look flat and he said it happens after I stand up.  He might be right.

Yesterday was a cardio class.  Today is cardio with weights.  I'm going to see if the orthotic even fits into my shoes.

Enjoy your day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie I have flat feet courtesy of my parents.  Had them since birth.  If you are doing a workout without the right support, that will kill your feet. 

The sneakers that I find really work for me and my feet are certain versions of the ASICS brand.  I can usually find a pair cheap at Nordstrom Rack when I need it.  Just search for overpronation with whatever brand you like and most of them have a model for people like us. I know Skechers just came out with an arch support shoe too.  

I hope your orthotic helps you.  I have a lot of Vionic and Allegria for my work shoes.  It's always been a nightmare to find good support when you have no arches.  

I hope your husband gets good results and finds a simple answer.  I've said a little morning prayer for him and for you. Heart  Good Luck at your appointments and may your doctors show.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Well, I did my moon practice this morning and also did the low back and hips one last night to try and work out my back aches.  I slept with a heated blanket last night and it seems to have helped today although I was still up and down all night with pain issues.  Smiley Sad  I'm thinking of buying a mattress topper.  Had one a long time ago but I felt it started hurting my back so I got rid of it.  We'll see.

My mom told me this morning she is leaving today and the jungle is back so I plan to cut that down after work for my cardio. Hopefully, this will be one of the last cuts if not the last.  Please, any god.

Ate a little more yesterday and was really good this morning so I am getting a little more daring.  With the weekend coming and a quiet house, I may actually try a solid meal again. 

Weighed myself again and I'm down even more but I look good.  It reminds me of the Devil Wears Prada line, "You are just one stomach flu away from your goal weight." Smiley Surprised

Don't dare do it this way.  It's been a week and I am still in recovery. And I know that weight will come back once I start actually eating again.  Still going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Have a great Thursday all! Smiley Happy      

Honored Contributor

@Laura14, thanks.  I was wearing my Allegra's and told him that I could wear them all day with no problem.  He picked one up and explained why.  It has its own orthotic to hold up my arch.  I have about 8 or 9 pair, sandals and clogs.  Unfortunately, they aren't very dressy.   When I was working, I'd almost skate through the building, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning all!

@Mmsfoxxie I have really flat feet.  One podiatrist I had even laughed at how flat they were.  I didn't go back to him.  But the one that I go to now recommended Power step (walk) insoles that have an orthotic in  them.  They are 25-30 bucks and you can get them at Amazon or a regular drug store.  Those are what he wears and they are a lot cheaper than going to GoodFeet and paying a couple hundred bucks.  I've also used the birkenstock ones, which are about $60.  Flat feet can contribute to ankle problems and plantar fasciitis and it can be miserable.

@bopper one more review on the CD TSV--I wore it this morning and it was low 40s, upper 30s.  I stayed warm the entire walk.  I will say, if you intend to wear more than a light weight shirt (or sweater), you will need to go up a size.

I was planning to take a walk today, but our air quality is bad again.  There was ash all over my mailbox from the wildfires.  That is no bueno on the lungs, but also explains why I've been 'asthma coughing'.  I'll probably do an on demand lablast class or try out my new BodyGym and jump on my aeroski (FINALLY got the stuff back in my new closet!)

Hope you all have a terrific day!

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, welcome to a new month!

I did 20 minutes rebounding, 30 minutes on the spinning bike and then went downstair and did 2 TG workouts.  I just came in from doggie walk and it's so cold.  I had my winter hat and gloves on.  

@DrKelli  thanks of the CD review.   I kind of wish I did get it but that's okay I really have so many jackets.   I'm getting the new Total Gym being presented this weekend and it's already shipped so my funds are down again.   My DIL said the air quality is bad there as well.

@Mmsfoxxie  prayres to your hubby on good test results and simple fixes.  My go to workout and even knock around shoe is my Hoka shoes.  Even hubby who just tried a pair said it's the most comfortable shoe he has ever worn.  I'll never go back to anything else.

@Laura14  I think our jungle is done for the season.  Going to switch out our shed/and garage to the snow blower now and the shovels unfortunately.  And every Fall we don't get a chance to get all our leaves up because either it freezes and the snow falls on top or it's to windy and wet.   That makes for a huge mess in the spring.   Glad you will have your house back and maybe you can relax and like you said eat a square meal.   I'd rather be overweight than have what you had any day!

@KaySD  it's our exercise/visiting group.  Been going over 20 years and we love chatting about our health, exercise routines, recipes just life!  Welcome!

@JudyL  one more series in Oakland for my son and then off to NY replay booth and hopefully back to his family in about 10 days.  It's hard season on little ones and mommies doing it alone.

Getting my flu shot at 4:30 they just called and said they had the high dose now and it goes fast so I said sign me up!