Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE OCTOBER EXERCISE THREAD

Hey all today I did Total gym for an hour following Total Gym TV app, first workout was Back and Butt and repeated that twice, then did 40 minutes of Total Toning and that was challenging also.   Then stretched on the reformer, did some legs in straps, biceps and a little more back work.  Dog walk this afternoon with a 21 degree windchill, still snow on the ground and the trail was icy and dicy!

@Mmsfoxxie  I pray your husband gets to the bottom of this eye stuff and yes it's very scary, I'd be spraying down everything also!

@JudyL  have a wonderful get away.  Much needed for sure and I would so be looking forward to that!!!  Its such a crazy time!

I was also wondering about Laura I sure hope the storm isn't impacting her to much! Its unusujal for hurricanes to be here this late in the year but what about this year has been normal right?

@MickD  now the stove!!!  Ughhhhhh  I think I told everyone my stove is 37 years old and when I get another I am getting gas not electric.  We lose power so much here I want a gas stove.   We're talking about refacing the kitchen cabinets now.  They are chipped and ugly and then we see other ugly stuff that needs to be done.  Just need that Money which ain't happening!

@grandma2pkmh thank you for alerting us about Laura,  I certainly hope she will be okay.  

Keep those workouts coming it really will help you to stay healthier and strengthen the immune system.  I know it's hard and we all feel like quitting at times, and just eating ******.  I get it!   Don't do it!    It will only make you feel good while you are eating it, afterwards you'll feel guilty!!!    Stay Strong!!!   We GOT this~!

Honored Contributor

@bopper, you are so right about the eating only being a momentary fix about problems.  Intellectually, I know it but nothing is working with my eating right now.

But, this too, shall pass.  Enjoy your evening, everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  Chilly morning here, but is supposed to be in the 60s later today.  Yesterday turned out to be absolutely gorgeous.  I even opened the windows in the afternoon.  

I gave myself a manicure last night as part of my costume for tonight.  I haven't painted my nails in 30 years.  I used to have acrylics, but took them off 10 years or more ago.  One of my nails never really recovered.  Since I take biotin for my alopecia (which is now in an actual flare--I hate having to pull hair out of my food or off me), my nails are fairly strong.  I painted them a color called I don't Give a Glam--it is kind of a silvery gray--I thought it was darker, but it has a holographic effect so there is some 'rainbow' effect when the light hits it just right.  I got my CafPow tumbler and second wig.  The wig is a bit too long and full, but at least it sits on my head, not like the other one.  My farting hippo should be here today.  One of the funniest episodes on NCIS was when Tony was super tired and he went to Abby's lab and she made him lie down and gave him Bert the Hippo as a pillow and when he put his head on it, Bert farted.  The look on his face still makes me laugh.  Also, I remember why I don't paint my nails--the tips are already chipping and I even used a base coat and top coat.

Today, in 30 minutes, I have my regular trainer workout.

I'm thinking about doing my Christmas shopping Sunday so I can get it shipped to my mom's house in the next week or two.  I told her that there were getting to be too many people to buy for--my nephew has 5 kids (only 2 are his and frankly, I don't see him stopping soon because he doesn't use protection and she won't take birth control) and my niece just had a baby.  It's too much.  My mom and I also talked about how Christmas was going to work this year.  I really don't think it's a good idea to have all those people in one place.  It's bad enough when there are a lot of kids who are super spreaders anyway, but my sister is an LPN in a care facility and there are young babies who don't need exposed either.  The government may make that decision for us if they shut things down again.

Hope you all have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday today is my active rest day.  I did a little Pilates chair and walked Logan, got groceries and really not doing a lot.   I find if I take 1 day a week off I workout stronger.

I agree about the Holiday get togethers for Christmas and Thanksgiving.  I already told my sisters we are not participating.  Have to see my dad as I can't have him alone on those holidays but I will visit when nobody else is there.  I'm sorry it has to be that way but it does.  I also realize elderly are dying of loneliness and thats so sad too.

@DrKelli  that polish sounds nice.  My nails are nubs, always have been and I am a nail biter.  I have tried to grow mine and they peel and are thin and then snag on the sides and I just can't seem to do it and I love long painted nails.  I wish I had acrylics but the fills are expensive and I hate when they look unkept.

The sun is out but it's cold.   Tomorrow warming up but very very windy they said.

Waving to everyone!

Respected Contributor

Happy Halloween everyone, we have a table out in the driveway with bags indiv. wrapped.  We're not answering the door.  And of course we have 40-5- mph winds.  had no  power for 4 hours this morning.

I did Total Gym for an hour, a workout Cathe Friedrich made for TG and then did rebounding, 25 pikes on the Pilates chair and a short dog walk.  Couldn't do the trail as I was afraid of falling trees.

November tomorrow!  Who wants to do  a November Challenge?  Choose to do 30 mountain climbers, 50 squats ( however you want do to them) I even will use TG for them, or 30 Jackknives.   You pick and post here in this group everyday you come to visit.  

Have a safe and Happy Halloween!