Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE NOVEMBER EXERCISE THREAD!

@Mmsfoxxie  Thank you for your advice in the other thread.  Heart  Very much appreciated!

Okay so Mrs. Rudeness was a no show again.  I'm actually starting to worry about her a bit.  I guess she didn't like the time change.   Smiley Sad

But Nudie was back!!  Smiley Happy

She must be new because she walked in and asked some questions of some other girls.  Today she had on a halter top that was a size too small but it covered most of her upper body and the underwear stayed undercover too. She could have done a Hit Me Baby One More Time video recreation for the middle age set.

Not as much of a show and I was thankful for that.

So we have the old routines back.  I actually had to skip a few reps in one of the last tracks during shoulders.  I am tired and worn out to a point I haven't been in a while.  I think it's all the stress at home and work.  Plus no vacation this year.  I was struggling to finish and I had my usual weight.  My body hasn't rebelled like that in a while.

I did the recumbent bike while studying my last module to finish up my pharmacy certification.  Need to get that done and get into my externship.  Part of me is really excited and part of me is really scared.  I think I reached the point that I just want it over with.

Oh and my instructor decided to tell everyone she was born in 1988.  No she wasn't.  Back it up about 5-10 years and that's about right.  Just grow old.  These women who get so hung up on themselves.  She looks great.  She's a fitness instructor.  No need to lie about your age especially when you've already told us in the past you were a kid in the early 80s.  Sorry but I'm calling BS on that.  

Okay I'm putting my judgement soap box away, letting everyone live and let live and dress or not dress and wishing you all a happy Thursday.  And I wish I could help you shovel snow @bopper.  Stay safe!  

Respected Contributor

Bopper, the plates you found sound really cute!  Enjoy. What will you put under them? Red placements or chargers would look good.

Laura, yay that you're getting through your program quickly. When do you expect to start the externship? Don't be scared, it will be fun, I bet.

Tired from working, need to fix dinner.

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  Nineteen degrees outside!  I might have to get that winter coat out if it's still that low when I leave this morning.

@nomless, you seem to like decorating.  Bet you are good at it.  How is the job going?

I really enjoyed Zumba Tone yesterday.  Today it will be Senior Cardio and maybe walking.  My feet are feeling pretty good today.  I'm not sure if I mentioned that they were a little painful.

Make it a great day everybody!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@nomless  Thank you for the support.  I think I am so tired of worrying about it that it will be fun.  They say 30 days from the time you complete.  I am completing any day and then another background check for them (already did one with the state) and a drug test and then I wait for placement.  

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday everyone, thought I had posted this morning but guess not.  I've been pretty active today.  All week I have over 13,000 steps in, today over 14,000.   Did treadmill, bike, pilates and walked Logan, shoveled and shoveled again.  I'm tired of shoveling for my neighbors!  We share the post the mail boxes are on and it's always me shoveling them out so the mail and paper  people can get to them.  See I don't like driving over the snow and having it packed down and I don't like the plow leaving the pile in front and these dufases just drive over it until the mail lady's car is on a tilt because it's packed down from laziness.  I shovel them all the time and one neighbor has a guy plow for her, and I've told her let him do the mailboxes, it would be so easy for him, the other neighbor I share with has a 4 wheeler with a plow so come on now.   A 60 plus lady shoveling them out so they stay clear for the  delivery people...something is wrong here.   I also bright up my neighbors garbage tote as it was blowing away and garbage day was yesterday.  I do think they are out of town though, their driveway hasn't been driven on but even when they are there, they don't get to the boxes before the other neighbor drives over the plow ******, instead of just turning into her driveway and walking across the street to her mail, she drives over it.  Well then I need an ax to get the stuff out.   Okay, vent over!  LOL

It's cold here, I saw the Arctic air mass.  Many are cold.  Supposed to hit the 40's next week.

Nomless I have a plate rack on the wall so I think I"ll put them there for now.  Otherwise I actually use them to eat off of.  You are right red placemats or chargers would look good too. 

Laura glad nudie had some coverage this round!  Haha, that's awesome you are getting your pharmacy certificate.   Good on you!!

Dr.Kelli how's the weekend shaping up?  

MickD my trail is snow covered and a bit icy and I can't see the roots now and almost fell over one.

Made chicken and spaghetti for dinner, it was good.  I use a food scale and measure out the dry spaghetti into 1 serving for each of us.  i find this works good as you really can over do on the carbs.

Enjoy your evening!

Honored Contributor

@bopper  That's terrible!  Good for you for being a great neighbor.  It'll come back to you even if they aren't the ones who give thanks.

I'm not liking the time change for one thing.  No park after work.  The trail is about an hour and half and it gets dark about 45 minutes after work.  I'll have to hoof it over the weekend maybe.

Got a lot done but not physical like @bopper.  Finished coursework, did second background check, scheduled drug test, trying to finish up birthday and Christmas shopping.  

I think I am going to take myself to the mall tomorrow and scope out my bags.  See if there is a present to me for finishing school.  

Oh and my mom finally got her biopsy results.  All benign!  Still has to have a outpatient surgery to get the fibroids out but nothing life threatening.  She is celebrating as we type.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Laura, yay that your mom is ok, and yay that you can see the end zone of your program! You're doing it, girl!

Bopper, yay that you do all that snow shoveling work, and yay for your steps! You're bringing it, too. Would be nice if the neighbors would help, though.

Foxxie, no, I'm not good at decorating, and it makes me sad. I want an attractive, cozy, inviting home, but what I have is rooms containing furniture. No decor or design in sight because I have no idea how to do it......what to get, how to make it all, work together....it's not something I can do. It frustrates me a lot. Oh, well.

It's chilly here, not used to it yet. The Olympic curling trials are here this week, I hope to take in a match sometime. Also want to see the Orient Express movie sometime.

Honored Contributor

I am done Christmas and Birthday shopping!!!! 

Thanks to QVC for the free shipping.  Got everyone done and between the Q and Amazon I am done and still in budget. Got some steals on as is items too.

I can not tell you how good that feels.  My entire family is born this time of year so I have a double list which is now crossed off.  Let the happy dance begin.

@nomless  I feel your pain.  I have a mother and sisters who decorate beautifully.  I mean my mom actually gets paid to stage houses for a realtor.  I don't even have one bit of that gene in me.  

Well I have been up shopping since 3:30 am to beat the rush so I think I'll crash a bit and then hit up the mall later with my gift card.  

Have a great weekend all!

Honored Contributor

Good morning all.  Bad, inconsiderate neighbors @bopper seem to be universal, unfortunately.  Sometimes in the case of not clearing away snow, law enforcement can be called.

I was in shock when I looked out the window yesterday and saw thick flakes coming down.  It wasn't forecast as far as I know.  Luckily for my part of town it didn't last long and it was dry snow.  Last night when I listened to the weather report, I saw that some areas had delays in traffic and even accidents from sliding on black ice.  I got lucky.

Glad to hear the good news about your mom @Laura14.

Zumba this morning.  Have a great day everybody.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

3.5mi/42.15min on the treadmill.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G