Super Contributor

Anyone have ever had one?  I'm quite concern. 

Honored Contributor

They just found a large simple cyst, on my husbands kidney. Two surgeons told him it was nothing to worry about

I don't know if a complex cyst is necessarily dangerous?  Good luck

Honored Contributor

I know it's different (you're human) but my boy cat is plagued with this.  I now have to feed him a special prescription cat food.

The vet said boy cats are more likely to get this and it's caused (not always, but often because most cats don't drink enough water).  Has anyone ever asked you if you drink enough water?

Trusted Contributor

I have one.  Went to the urologist and she said not a problem.

Super Contributor
Love the desert. Was yours a complex cyst? They're sending me for an MRI.
Super Contributor
Yes annabellethecat. I've been told to drink more water.
Super Contributor

Re: Complex kidney cysts

[ Edited ]

Cherry, yes simple cysts are very common and benign. Complex cysts have to be further evaluated. Thanks for your reply.

Honored Contributor

@Ditzydori  I had a complex cyst in a different place.  I was told it just means there is some solid material instead of just fluid.  That always gives them cause for concern when they see something solid instead of just fluid.   I'm sure it's just nothing and they are being extra cautious to make sure it's nothing.    

Good Luck!

Respected Contributor

Have you been diagnosed with "complex kidney cysts"?  If you have, you ought to express your concerns to the doctor who diagnosed them.  Whatever others tell you, the information is irrelevant to you, your body and your diagnosis.

If you haven't been diagnosed, what prompts you to ask the question?  Whatever is going on, or you believe may be going on, the only credible information source is your doctor.

Super Contributor

Re: Complex kidney cysts

[ Edited ]

Cats01. I had TKR in August. I was told my GFR was low. Additional blood tests prompted more evaluation. I had a kidney sono which showed one complex cysts. A follow up MRI was suggested. I will have that next week.

I did discuss with my doctor. I'm sure you would agree asking for others experience isn't wrong, as you are suggesting.