Respected Contributor

WELCOME TO THE NOVEMBER EXERCISE THREAD!

[ Edited ]

Welcome to November Everyone!

Image may contain: tree, sky, outdoor and nature

Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE NOVEMBER EXERCISE THREAD!

Good November 1st morning, it's quite frosty out here, 32.   I am up and getting ready to grocery shop and chiropractor, my least favorite day of the week!   

I heeded your advice and didn't get the TSV yesterday for DIL.  I think I may send a Valerie Parr Hill wreath and call it good for both of them.  They don't need anything and if we fly I can't have presents in my bag as they take up too much room so I could send it right to their address and not have to deal with mailing boxes.  I have the baby's gift though and that will fit into my bag.

I agree Dr.Kelli, things have gotten out of hand gift wise.  This wear we opted out of the family name drawing.  It's just too much and when you have grandchildren to buy for and things cost so much we drew the line this season.  It's all good!

I did get all my steps in yesterday per my fitbit and will try again today.   Have a great day everyone!

Honored Contributor

Good morning gang.  November already...35 degrees right now!

I only my gifts for my grandkids, too.  I can't afford to buy for more than that.  And since hubby and I don't need anything, we just buy a small token gift.  Besides, when I see something he needs, I just buy it.  This gift has been a little financially difficult for him because of the increase in his medications.  He just bought me a custom made red hat for my Red Hatter dressy events.  I decided not to fuss about the expense.

Normally on Wednesday I don't workout but I will today because tomorrow I might not be able to.  Just walk track though ....none of the a Wednesday classes interest me.

Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

SNOW?!!!  Really?  We are warming back up to the near 80s around here.  Smiley Sad

I am still itching to pull out my real sweaters but it looks like another warm winter and I still have to cut the lawn again.  Double Smiley SadSmiley Sad

I have company, again, so I went out for dinner and had a burger last night which I never do and my brother in law is making lasagna tonight for family birthday night.  We are celebrating 4.  Pray for me.  

Made the cake last night in between trick or treaters.  Won't touch that and hopefully the company is leaving tomorrow so I can get back to routine. 

Place your bets on if you think the gym will have the Soul Body Power class at 5am tomorrow.  I'll be there just in case to work these two days off!      

Honored Contributor

Hi to you @bopper,

Still doing great. Regulary spend an hour or more for my cardio, at least 3 times a week. Recumbent Bike/Treadmill with up to 15% elevation/NuStep at minimum of 4 mets. 

Since I once again consider myself a pretty good ice skater, skate doing long skates close to max aerobic range(wear my Chest Heart Rate Monitor for all Cardio)/do different lengths of intervals(at max or close to max heart rate). Skating session are 2 hours long, times 3 times a week. Some days the skating legs are there, other days not so much. Same deal as running, easy 5 miler 1 day, killer doing same thing another day.

Upper body on BowFlex/Total Gym/Bumbells or Tony Little Body Shaper. Chest/Shoulders/Back/Triceps and Biceps, and 1 legged squats on Total Gym or 1 Leg Power Thrusts using either TG or NuStep, both work great for my skating muscles and also help protect my very healthy knees.

Spend at least half an hour every day working on my balance. Sustained 1 leg balance, some with eyes closed. Drunk walk forward and backwards several times. Do the same when skating. Get up to speed and do 1 foot balance for close to rink length(200 ft.), never with eyes closed. Do same turning circles balancing on 1 foot, both Clockwise and Counterclockwise, at different speeds and body lean.

Stretch: Achilles/Calves(all heads)/Quads/Thigh Biceps/Hip Flexors/Groin/Adductor and Abductor both legs. Use Teeter 970 Inversion Table for Spine and also doing Full Inversion Ab Curls(not easy) everyday, nut not the curls. Really good for my minus 3 lumbar disc back, and just plain feels so good.

On floor Ab Roller for10-15 minutes every single day. Finish off using my Spirometer as I want to maintain, even enhance my lungs ability to inhale as much oxygen as possible. 

No Public ice skating at the rink today, so will only be skating 2 days this week. Chiitt! Going down to my gym now to get in some cardio/inversion/balance and ab workout. Also including my balance before I am done.

Best to you @bopper, and to everyone keeping on keeping on. We all have major challenges in lfe, some more than others. It is all in how you deal with those challenges that make the difference. I have had several and may have more, who knows. What works best for me is, and always has been: OPTIMISM and PATIENCE.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Top of the morning everyone.

I have a wellness doctor's appointment and running around to do today so if I do any exercising, it will be at home.  While I'm at the doctor's, I plan to ask for a statement to give to WW saying 130 lbs is a good weight for me.  It used to be that you could choose your own goal. Now they have guidelines you have to meet to be considered at goal and not have to pay anymore.

I bought three little outfits for my grandbaby yesterday.  They will be here Friday night til Sunday evening.

Well, have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Well @hckynut is putting me to shame but I did get myself to the gym today.

No Soul Body Power.  Smiley Sad  So I did the bike for 40 minutes and rode the Sonoma coast of California and then did Power.

A friend I have not seen in over a year was actually in Power today.  She is in her 60s, looks 40, and is still as trim and fit as ever even though she said she is just back to the gym after a year away.  I need to look that good doing nothing! 

Mrs. Rudeness didn't come so I had no entertainment today.  I did get a young man next to me who I think I saw one time before.  He lasted half the Power class and then gave up.  So there was that for my ego today.    

Other then that, my mother is going for her exam today to hopefully be told there is nothing wrong with her.  She and her husband are leaving for home after that so I'll get my house back.  I need to catch up on a lot of stuff.

Super tired with company and all the running around and higher than normal work aggravation.  My days of being in the hospitality business are coming to an end.  

@Mmsfoxxie I am so happy for you.  Enjoy!!  

@DrKelli  I hope that shooting was no where near you.  Heart

Waving to everyone else!  Happy Thursday!

Respected Contributor

Hi all!  Checking in to let you know I'm okay.  The Walmart shooting was less than 10 miles from me and was one that I actually used to shop in when I lived in that area.  It is terrifying that some guy just walked into a WM and started shooting and it could happen anywhere.

Yesterday, I did Restore Yoga and it was great.  My back is ALMOST back to normal.  Today I will take my regular Zumba class and then tonight--my first La Blast class for the new place!  Keep your fingers crossed!

@Laura14, not to wish pain on you, but dang--I look forward to Mrs Rude and her antics!

I am very busy this weekend--I need to get my act together and start packing both my stuff and my dogs' stuff.  I leave a week from today for 5 days on a cruise!

Hope you all have a great day!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli  I did feel less than posting my gym report this morning.  I'll try and do better.  Smiley Very Happy

So glad you are okay!

Respected Contributor

DrKelli, cheering that your LeBlast class is a big hit! Let us know.

Bopper, you mentioned the Valerie wreaths. I used to send on to a cousin, but she told me to stop because they usually arrived brown and dry. Maybe it would be better to order from a flower shop in the recipient's city.

No news here. Almost time for dinner....chicken breast and peas. Kinda dull, huh?