Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MAY EXERCISE THREAD

Hi Everyone!

@DrKelli I am so sorry that I missed your birthday yesterday!  Happy Belated!

This morning I did a 30 minute Leslie Sansone walk.  Tried to do some of it standing but after a few minutes it was not a good idea so sat back down and finished the workout from the chair.  I'm tellin' ya, my arms are getting a great workout because keeping them moving is the only way to keep my heart rate up.  I can do some leg movements sitting down - kicking or knee lifts but its the arm movements that keep my heart pumping.

@DrKelli with all the dancing you do and the other classes, I can't imagine how you could feel "fat."  I am so impressed at how you have kept up your dancing and how well you're doing.

Not much news going on here.  Working today, as usual.  We go back to the office on Sept 13 so am going to enjoy the rest of my time at home.

Have a good day!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning, everyone.  Boy did that temperature drop last night.  Thank God.

Well, I didn't make it to my exercise class afterall yesterday.  It was so muggy and the thought of exercising through the slight mugginess that is still in there despite the air conditioning wasn't something I want to deal with. I did do a Leslie Sansone video, though.  I intend to go this morning, though.  It's in the fifties.

Enjoy your day.

Eta:  forgot I have to hang at home for an important phone call so I'll probably do Leslie Sansone again.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hi all!

It's a pretty day here.  I had to get up extra early because I had to be in a safety meeting at 6 am my time.  I'm afraid my day off has taken over my brain early and I don't want to do anything today LOL!!

I did have my dance lesson yesterday and was sweating by the end of it.

Today--after my call, I did a Richard Simmons workout--they are on youtube under the Fuse channel.  I do have a lot of the dvds, but this was a Broadway workout.  I was right--I've gained back 5 pounds, so I need to start exercising more.  Back at the beginning of the pandemic, I was dancing 6 days a week (through live stream classes) and several days, I was dancing twice a day because of lessons or ensemble practice.  In July, Louis quit doing 5 day a week live stream classes and went to 2, so my dancing got cut back.  

At one of my plants, we have 2 active covid cases (patient 0 infected patient 1 and potentially 4 others), we are not out of this yet and I can't believe our executive management thinks it is a good idea to get everyone back in the office.

I'm hoping to get some deck time this afternoon--hope you all have a good day!!

Respected Contributor

Hey all

Today is so cold it's only 39 degrees out.   We made a wood fire..

I spent some quality time with my dad today and we went to lunch and theni came home and jumped for 30 minutes...That's all here.

@DrKelli we are not out of it,, it will still be a while before normalacy is fully here.

I wonder how Richard Simmons is doing.  Never hear anything.

I hauled in my hanging baskets and will be hauling in again tonight.

Not much else here today.

Respected Contributor

Friday is here and where is everyone?  I did Pilates chair today and rebounding along with walking.   32 when I got up and only got to about 45 here.

Supposed to be 55 tomorrow still below the normal though.

Should we keep this thread going or take a summer break.  It's very slow here and I try and keep it going but it's hard when not much participation.  

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.  Rain, wind and cold yesterday....blah.   Today is starting at 37 degrees.

Yesterday had a little at my house.  Our refrigerator was delivered and although there is a water dispenser, we didn't want to connect it to the water line since we have well water.  Hubby bought the old refrigerator 15 years ago and never had water in the line so we told the delivery guy it was not connected.  Well he cut the line and oops...there was water....spurting on the floor.  I had visions of last May when we had the flood.  Long story short, after he was cussing saying he knew he shouldn't have cut it cause it wasn't on his work sheet to do so.  He and my husband couldn't find a water cutoff switch so he put a kink in the line and wrapped it with electrical tape which stopped the flow until we could get a plumber.  Holiday weekend and we have to wait until Tuesday for someone.  So far, the tape is holding the water in.  Never problem free for us, lol.

@bopper, I understand how you're feeling about the lack of participation about the thread.  I hope you keep it going.  Looks like most people want to post about drama, it seems.  Arguing points of view, etc.  oh...lucky you, going away for a few days.  Enjoy.

Not sure if I'm going to Zumba this morning but if I don't, I'll do something at home.

Memorial Day is one of our solemn holidays so I hesitate to use the word "happy" but I hope it's at least enjoyable for everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Hi Ladies!  

Its a chilly gray day by the Bay.  Its supposed to start warming up a lot tomorrow and Monday so I am enjoying the cool weather today.  Windows open and airing out the house.

This morning I did a core workout with Yoga with Adrienne and then did the upper body workout with the Body Gym, then did some squats.  Figured I could do the squats since I'm just standing and not moving around.

Thought I would go out and about today but instead I may just stay home and read a book this afternoon.  Whatever you all do, I hope it is enjoyable. 

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone we are sunny but this morning was the 3rd morning in a row we had a frozen birdbath.  The woodpecker was trying to peck his way throught to get a drink.  Now we are at 60.

@Mmsfoxxie that sucks about the fridge!  Really he cut the water line.  And of course it is a holiday weekend and a plumber coming would cost you up the bazoo... Nothing is ever simple is it?  Thank you regarding the thread.  Maybe I will assign somebody to take over each month so it's not always me.  Is anyone agreeable to that.  I'd participate but just let someone else start it until the Fall.

@JudyL glad you got some upper body and yoga in...

Enjoy your holiday weekend too everyone.  We're leaving on Monday morning and will be back Tuesday night so I won't be posting until Wednesday.

Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday and Holiday Weekend!

I am cleaning my house and getting packed for our 2 day adventure to see my son.  Not sure if I will workout or not.   I had 7 days in a row in last week.  

The grass is mowed and weed wacked so thats done.

Make a goal for June and stick to it!  Log workouts on your calendar and schedule them in.  That way there is no excuse to say I missed my workout.   If you are injured worked the parts that do work.  Even a few minutes several times a day is counted towards your goals.   Just Do It!

Honored Contributor

Enjoy your get away, @bopper .  Give the exercising a break for two days.