Respected Contributor

WELCOME TO THE MAY EXERCISE THREAD

May be an image of sky and text that says '"Making a big life change is pretty scary. But know what's even scarier? Regret." -Zig Ziglar FB/QuotesAndSayings MQ'

Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE MAY EXERCISE THREAD

Well Well here we are in the Weekend and on the 1st day of May!

I started today with some freestyle movement on my Cellerciser and then did about 40 minutes on the Pilates chair and bi's and tri's  and abs on the TG.

Watching baseball now.   It's 55 outside but super windy...Hard to rake when it's blowing all over the place.

Keep your bodies moving!  Motion is Lotion!

Honored Contributor

Good morning!  Was thinking I would do some upper body exercises this morning cuz I can do those sitting in a chair but my ankle/foot is pretty painful today and I just don't feel up to it.  Maybe later.  Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Respected Contributor

@bopper  Started off with my early morning run.  I do it early to beat the heat.  After work will take a dip in the pool.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning, everyone.  Rainy Monday!

I doubt if I'll be doing any workout today or tomorrow.  Hubby and I have been babysitting out security system that started malfunctioning Saturday at 2:47 am.  I know the time because my Fitbit stopped reading my sleep at that time.  It had been beeping every few minutes for weeks but it was only annoying so I called last Friday to set up a new system because we'd been told that the system was out of date.  Well, Saturday at 2:47 am, the alarm siren went off full blast startling us out of sleep.  The police were at our door by 3 am.  I won't give all of the details except to say that we can't get a tech out here to disarm it til Tuesday afternoon.  When it goes off, we have to be available to turn it off or the police might show up again although ADT has noted that our system is not working properly and not to alert police again.  Luckily the sound of the beeps changes before the siren goes off so we can disarm the darn thing.  

Have a good week everybody.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy May everyone!  This is my birthday month so I will be celebrating ALL month!

My performance on Friday went great.  Our practice was a disaster--I kept making mistakes, but the performance was awesome.  There are things that I think need improvement, but we looked really good. Unfortunately, during one of the 'rounds', my foot got stepped on and as I was stepping back (then my partner stepped on my foot), it rolled.   So Saturday, I woke up with a swollen foot and decided not to go to Lablast because it hurt to walk on.  It's a little better today.  I won't be able to do LaBlast today because I have my second round of Kybella injections today.   You can really tell the difference and I'm so glad I did it.

I got a clean bill of health from the regular doctor.  My triglycerides have dropped almost 100 points!  I was so excited about that.  My overall cholesterol is still very high, but it is a genetic condition.  My 'good' cholesterol is also 'high'--which is good--it's at 80, which is a lot higher than most people.  The doctor says it's because of all the dancing. LOL!!

Next month's dance is the Tango--to the song Masochism Tango (by Tom Lehrer). I was a huge fan of Dr. Demento and the song has the perfect Tango rhythm  I"m so lucky that my partner indulges my taste in music.

Hope you all have a great day---it's very rainy here today, but at least I don't have to shovel rain.

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday!

Started today with 1 hour on the Pilates Chair and it was a heavy breather workout for sure, then did 30 minutes on the Cellerciser with various segments of lay down bouncing, sit bouncing and jamba walk and jamba run.  

@DrKelli  so sorry about the foot!!   It's raining here too and only in the 40's..  but as you said I'm not shoveling it!  Glad the performance was good!   Hey you don't ever mention your Aeroski, do you not use it?  I know they have live workouts on FB with Rosalie and Coach Jamie.  It's my BD month too!   

@Mmsfoxxie well what a royal pain in the butt that must be!!  I'd be seriously ticked!  

@JudyL  how's your foot today?  Maybe you can do some arm workouts.

@SloopJohnB  did you run today?  Our whole week is supposed to be crappy in the 40's.   Dang it its May!

Make today count whatever you decide to do.  Motion is Lotion!

Respected Contributor

@bopper Happy Monday to you!  Yes, I did.......early, before work.  Very humid, too....ugh....

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone!  Its a beautiful, warm day by the Bay.  Its pleasantly warm which is nice.

Today I did a 30 minute Leslie Sansone workout sitting down.  LOL  I moved my arms and did the upper body band work.  Moved my legs as much I could - easy kicks, knee lifts, etc., anything to keep the heart rate up and to keep moving!  As long as I don't stand, I can do it.  I must have looked pretty silly. 

I also saw that Yoga by Adrienne has a 12 minute core workout all done on the floor so may try that.  However, trying to get up off the floor with a boot on, at least for me, is next to impossible so will watch the video first to see what its like.  If I don't think I can do it, will try and think of some other ab work I can do.  But for now, I'm happy that I could do the Leslie Sansone workout today.

@DrKelli so glad to hear your performance went well.  Must admit when you told me about your foot, I cringed.  Hope its doing better today.

@Mmsfoxxie Goodness be!  Its awful being woken up in the middle of the night with an alarm going off.  I've had that happen with smoke detectors.  Why is it that they all seem to become dysfunctional in the middle of the night?!  Hope your situation gets resolved quickly.

Hope everyone has a good Monday!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  The sun is out today and I'm happy to see it.  I understand that we will be having showers later today.

I didn't have to get as many injections yesterday, so that is a good thing because it means my neck fat is disappearing.  I'm swollen again this morning, but it doesn't hurt as much.

I'm doing a trainer workout this morning because I had something going on Thursday when I normally 'meet' with him.  Tomorrow is my regular dance lesson.

I have to do an errand that I hate later today--I have to go get my emissions sticker to renew my license plate.  I haven't had to do this in at least 8 or 9 years (i had just done it for my old car and then I bought a new car and was exempt for 8 years).  I'm hoping that I don't have to wait in line long.   I'm going to go to a smaller center than I went to last time, where I waited 45 minutes in line.

Hope you all have a great day!!