Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JULY EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning all!

Didn't do anything yesterday and so far haven't done anything today either.  Had good intentions yesterday but well, you know.....Today is another day tho!  There's always a chance I'll do something.

@bopper like you, I usually ignore all the Christma shows until like October but this year, the shows got me good.  Been buying a number of things.  Have told myself tho, when all the stuff comes that whatever I keep means I have to get rid of something in my Christmas stash.  In with the new, out with the old.  LOL

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  I actually slept very well.  King sized bed, four very comfortable pillows.  Very nice tv.

I brought Clorox wipes with me and the first thing I sanitized was the remote.  I had to go outside for a walk because I'm sensitive to the smell.  Good ventilation had taken care of it by the time I came back.

Due to the pandemic (like everything), the normal hot breakfast is now in a bag consisting of juice, Quaker granola bar and a muffin.  Can we say sugar overload?  Even for me.  I would have preferred a bagel.

My fitness center is farther than I want to drive for just a 45 minute class so I'll improvise something in my hotel room.  I brought my Zumba weights with me.

Several restaurants around here.  Unfortunately, one of them is Culver's.  And Red Robin, if you're familiar with them...gourmet 🍔.  AMC movie theaters, too, but....closed.  There's a strip mall about three blocks away.  Big Walmart and grocery store.  I'd love too walk to it but the streets look too busy traffic wise.  Decisions, decisions.

Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Sounds like DH is back @Mmsfoxxie .  Glad you are enjoying some rest and all goes well with him.

I did my yoga for skaters this morning.  Lawnmower is supposed to be here sometime today so I will hopefully be adding yard work as well.  I feel so upside down and unsettled for a lot of reasons right now.

Hope everyone has a great start to their week.  

Respected Contributor

good morning, all!  It's actually cloudy here today, but still hot.  I just cleaned out my car in preparation for company and in the 15 minutes it took, I worked up a sweat.  I'm on PTO the rest of the week and maybe the rest of the day after my 11:00 meeting.

@Mmsfoxxie  sounds like you've got a 'mini' vacation in your hotel room.  I hadn't even thought of the breakfast issue--I will have to travel for work eventually and usually rely on the breakfast bar at the hotel before I head out to the plant.  What you described is all sugar and I would be starving 30 minutes after I ate that.

I had to do 2 loads of laundry this morning--the sheets for my guest room have been in a storage bag and they smelled musty when I took them out.  Then, the 'dog' guard that I keep in the backseat of my car needed washed because I don't want my guests sitting on a dirty cover.

Probably no work out for me today because I still need to vacuum the downstairs and mop.

Hope you all have a moderately successful day (LOL--I've learned not to expect much during covid).

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli, Comfort Inn is very low end but yeah, their 'breakfast leaves much to be desired if you want to eat healthy.  I'd think they'd at least how oatmeal packets.  They have microwaves in the rooms.

Hubby stay'd at Springhill Suites for his two nights in Miami which, from pics I saw, a step above Comfort Suites.  They had a similar bag breakfast.  IMO, they're saving money with this kind of breakfast.

@Laura14, yes, he's back.  Not very communicative, though.  I think he thought I was just talking when I told him I'd stay at a hotel for a few days.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Monday, it started off in the 50's but humid and now it's 80 so it's hot again.  I have only been able to walk because of my back but I have almost 10,000 steps in.  It's just to tight to attempt stretching even right now so just keeping the blood flowing.  

I saw some Christmas stuff i liked but like you said @Mmsfoxxie I would have to throw out some stuff as it's overwhelming.  I actually have hardly put out anything other than some candle sticks and my tree.   I seem the older I get the less I want clutter and it gets so dusty.    I hardly have room for a tree!   And this year who knows we all may be staying home by our lonesome anyways.  As bad as this sounds I don't think I'd mind.  It's so chaotic and goes by so fast.

I'm not much for sleeping well in a hotel at all either.   I worry about germs and elevators getting stuck which I am not even sure are you allowed to use them now, you'd almost have to if you are on high floor, maybe they a limit on how many can go in ( masks of course)

@Laura14 hope your lawnmower comes.   Ours needs to be done as tomorrow it's supposed to rain.   

Not much more going on here, stay safe everyone!

Honored Contributor

Hotter than h*ll out there.  Ran on the treadmill 6.25mi/1hr 9min.

Son did not card a secret shopper on Friday, so once corporate gets the news he'll get canned.....excellent news.  Until then he is cashiering as they need cashiers.  I'm lovin life right now.....can't get any better!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Today I did "no fear yoga" which was pretty good.  Felt better after I was done - did not have a good morning and was feeling pretty low when I started.  After yoga I started the Yoga Burn Core workout again.  So pretty good for the first day back on the wagon.

@bopper it was me who was buying all the Christmas stuff.  I think with all thats been going on, I wanted something new and pretty to look forward to.  Who knows what the holidays will bring this year but at least my house can look cheery.  Usually I'm like you and don't want to put much out.  Now watch, I've bought all this new stuff and come the holidays I won't be in the mood for it.  HAHA

@MickD you certainly have had a lot on your plate too these past few weeks and now your son will lose his job.  2020 has sucked for a lot of reasons.  This group has been hit hard and I'm ready for it to stop.

@Mmsfoxxie enjoy your stay at the hotel.  Don't blame you one bit for going.  

@DrKelli enjoy your visit with your family.

@Laura14 how was the skaters or was it runners yoga today?  Hard?  Hope your lawnmower gets there soon or you'll need to borrow some goats from someone!

Enjoy whatever is left of your day/evening and please all take care and be safe.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL I did the skaters yoga yesterday I think and I really enjoyed it.  I don't think any of her routines thus far have been hard.  Actually I am kind of liking the stretching more than flow through a bunch of posing.  

Wait, I take it back.  I think it is the skating one that has balancing on one leg and crossing the other over.  If that's not for you, just touch down the other leg.  I think that is what I did on one side yesteday. 

And anytime she tries to do crow, down dog is my friend.   I think there was a short one in one of the routines lately.    

And send the goats!!  Beekman Boys are welcome with their herd.  Walmart decided to send me a "how was you delivery experience?" email yesterday.  Please rate us!  I gave them one star.  They asked why.  Because it hasn't been delivered yet and should have been on Saturday.  

This was a next day item that I was told I was too late to order for next day.  It was 6:30am.  When's the cut off?  They said it would be two days instead.  Then it was three.  Now it is four days and counting.  

Supposedly it is on the Fedex truck for delivery today.  I'll believe it when I touch it on my front porch.  

And my vitamins?  Forget about it.  They are obviously being shared or dealt on the nearest street corner somewhere in South Atlanta.  That tracking hasn't moved since last week.  They flew into Atlanta and disappeared.  DHL says the post office has it.  USPS says they are still waiting on it from DHL.  

I am giving them until Thursday before I email Mr. Lessman and have him refund me or resend if he dares.  I am so over the theft that is obviously happening at the airport.  I have lost about three items this way via my QVC orders. 

Once I get these two orders either refunded or delivered.  I am only ordering from Amazon if I dare do any ordering at all.  I am done for a good long while.    

Oh and did I mention I have done nothing yet for exercise?  IF the lawnmower dares to show up, I will be mowing down the jungle this afternoon after work.  And I forgot what the yoga routine is for today but I think there is a gardner one later this month that I may do tonight after I collapse.  If there is no mower, I'll do whatever is actually for today.

@MickD I am so sorry to hear your son made a mistake.  Here's hoping it's just a warning instead.  Everyone and everything is upside down right now.  

@bopper I hope your back is doing better!  Heart

I so need to become an alcoholic to get through the rest of this week.  And I had read the mental health book and was doing so well on my stress and anxiety busters.  LOL!!

Honored Contributor

Oh and I know I am a little late but I chopped my hair off.  The quarantine Crystal Gayle hair is gone.  It's now chin length and way cute.

My mom is a licensed hair dresser and with her up for a while and always wanting to do hair, I gave her a thrill and got myself a necessary makeover.  She did a great job.