Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JULY EXERCISE THREAD

[ Edited ]

The lawnmower has arrived! 

If it is easy to put together and go and not a dud, the grass should start shaking in T-minus 30 minutes.  It will be a cardio afternoon.

Problem #1 potentially solved.

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone!

Congrats @Laura14 on the arrival of your lawnmower and on your haircut!  I had an appt for this coming Monday for a haircut and my stylist cancelled today because salons in CA are still closed.

@bopper hope your back is improving

Today I did 45 minutes of Body Groove.  Its not as much of an aerobic workout as I should be doing so think I'll switch back and forth between it and the Leslie Sansone dvds.  I like the Body Groove because its different than anything else I do but when my Dr. said I need to do more aerobic activity, I think she meant something that got my heart rate up a bit more than Body Groove.  LOL

Not much else to report.  To keep my sanity - a little bit anyway - I've been doing scrapbooking again.  However, now that I've finished a couple projects, not sure what to do next. 

Better get back to work!  Enjoy the rest of your day!

Respected Contributor

Hey y'all we sure have had some interesting things here going on haven't we.   

@JudyL  I enjoy Christmas and I think if I had a larger house I"d put out more but I like more elegant @Laura14 @MickD  LOL

I only did 30 on the treadmill, this cranky lower back is so tight I can't do yoga I can't fold down at all and even warrior 2 and 1 I can feel it so I think its telling me not yet.  Do you know of a good slower back yoga .   I don't like just sitting there though and breathing while she keeps talking I can't just sit there LOL...Maybe I can start back tomorrow but mornings are not my friend.  It's like I take 2 steps back in the morning.  Like right now yes its tight but not at all like in the morning. 

I did go to get my hair retouched today.  I don't know how y'all feel about masks but the owner didn't have one on and it was mandatory here in Michigan since today.   The girls working had theirs on.  And when I left I had a minute before my stylist came to collect my money as she was in the bathroom and I asked her where her mask was.  I got the song and dance " I'm pregnant and it's so hot and uncomfortable"   Well I don't think that is a good enough reason not to wear one and frankly you could get closed down if someone reported you.  She even said to me " don't report me "   I think she was kidding but then she said I have acid reflux, ummmm yes and..............  just one excuse after another.  kind of ticked me off to say the least and I usually keep my mouth shut but is she that stupid that she doesn't know that it's a 500$ fine and she could be shut down.  She's in her mid 30's. 

It's raining now here, I am watching Andy Griffith LOL

@Laura14 did the field get mowed today?  My Amazon stuff I have had no problems with.  Got an order today for a new fitbit strap, and some copperfit toe things to see if it helps my stiff toes when doing yoga and a T shirt.  I haven't ordered from Walmart other than groceries but things are so screwed up.   Did you get your Vitamins from Andrew's website or HSN?   That's another thing, I read some people are getting other peoples orders.  I love Amazon I should get the Prime.

Anywho waving to all and let hope we all can get through the week ya hear!!!

Honored Contributor

@bopper our salons here in CA are still closed so I will have to wait for a haircut.  Don't color my hair so not worried about that.  Doesn't that woman know esp since she is pregnant that its more important that ever for her to wear a mask!  Goodness be, stupid people like that drive me nuts.  Does she want to get sick and be on a ventilator while pregnant?  Or worse lose her life like that pregnant woman did but they kept her alive until the baby could be born.  What is wrong with people?  

Know we're supposed to be talking about working out, etc., but this just rankled me beyond belief.  An innocent child is at risk.  Ok, off my soapbox.

Honored Contributor

@bopper The jungle has been tamed!  After a 10 hour work day, I come home, assemble the new mower, fight with the cords and have at it.  

It is 9000 degrees here and our lawns down south grow faster the hotter it gets.  With my mom here, I am not eating as big of a lunch as I normally do since I can't run home with her here.  I had to stop three times during the mow or I was going to faint.  I literally was on the verge of heat stroke.  I never get that bad and I think it was not eating much all day along with heat and the family stress and hills and a higher grass.

I say all of this because my mother was out with my baby sister shopping.  I finally got the lawn cut and was preparing to edge.  She gets out of the car as they get back and says oh are you going to try the new mower now?  Um, I just did.  Doesn't the lawn look cut?

My baby sister is rolling around on the driveway laughing as I am struggling after my third bout of heat stroke with getting ready to do the edging and blowing still to do.  

I was not amused.  I finished up and then went down to my apartment and collapsed.  Crawled to the shower and then ate some dinner and I did do the yoga for cyclists.  Nice stretch for legs.  There is a yoga stretch on Friday.  That might be what you are looking for @bopper .

@bopper I always order through AL's site because he gives discounts for ordering multiples.  Never had an issue before ever.  I am really ticked at the usps who it seems dropped the ball here.  Still nothing.  I may live chat with AL tomorrow to see what my options are if nothing updates overnight.  I really am getting concerned about vitamins sitting in 90 plus heat for two weeks too.  So frustrating!  

I am shutting up for the day.  Sorry for the multiple posts.  Have a great night!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.  Yesterday was a beautiful day....not too high in humidity and temps under 90.

In my next life, I want to be as focused as you when it comes to getting things done.  First of all I probably couldn't have put the thing together, lol.

@bopper, it amazes me how people make up excuses for not wearing a mask.  Here in Indiana where I am now, half of them don't wear it.  Employees at the hotel and restaurants do, though.  Fines and fear of being shut down usually works.

Went for another short walk yesterday and did something in my room.  Enjoy your day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Good Morning all!

So I went to bed around 9pm and woke up around 1:30am.  Seems to happen when I stress.  Could not go back to sleep so finally got up and did today's yoga routine for surfers.

Fair warning: this one is a bit challenging.  Still a good workout but it flows and then gets stretchy in some unique positions.  Managed them all but it might not be for everyone.

Went back to bed around 4am and actually had my alarm wake me up at 6am.  I love the new owners with the ability to clock in from home and clean up my email at the kitchen counter so I can ease into the office on days like this.

I just emailed AL and told them my vitamins are MIA and asked what my options are at this point.  I really hope they'll just resend another shipment to me.  I am almost out of my probiotic so I guess I need to start looking around since the carriers just can't seem to deliver anything right now.

Since Amazon seems to be the only one with their delivery system in order, I will go that way and see what else is out there.  So disappointed when you find a good company and brand and you can't use them because you can't pick it up yourself locally and the shipping is unsuccessful.        

Hope everyone has a great day!  Happy hump day!  

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, well the back is a tad better but still not good but not as bad as Sunday.  I knew this would be a slow come back, could just tell when I threw it out.   I did 40 minutes on the treadmill, 20 on the reformer and 25 pushups on my knees, and 1 minute forearm plank.   Just trying to keep everything strong while I can hardly do any yoga as it's all bendy stuff and I aint bending at the moment LOL

@JudyL  no kidding hey?  She irritated me and dumber than a box of rocks!  I mean you are pregnant protect yourself and your baby!

@Mmsfoxxie Yup could hardly belive it when I saw her.   I knew she wasn't happy with me telling her to wear it either.   Oh well!  

@Laura14  thank you I will look for Friday how do you know ahead which one she is doing?  Post it here though if I can't find it okay?  I tried to do a Yoga Burn restorative but even that is too much for me right now, don't they know I have to be able to bend down LOL.    Your mom really said that about the grass, like "can't you see I did it already" good grief and then your sister laughing but it is kind of funny and unbelievable at the same time.  I mowed the entire yard 2 days ago and my hubby hasn't said a thing.   Sometimes I think they just are living in another world.  Not good on the vitamins, I hope you get that straightened out.  I tell ya stay with Amazon.  I ordered some new fitbit straps for my watch and a cute T shirt and had it in 4 days.  It's a shame things are coming down to all this ******!  

Waving to everyone, stay sane everybody as they say "we are all in this nightmare together"  Hugs and kisses  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Here you go @bopper .  This is the yoga stretch one scheduled for Friday.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF9d2Icl4fA 

Heard back from the AL peeps and they did make me feel better that I don't have to worry about the heat if the box ever does show up.  They apparently quality control for that and make sure that if their products sit in heat, they maintain their effectiveness.  

Bad news is I am not out of the delivery window until Friday.  They make a policy of 7-10 business days for delivery and the 10th day is Friday.  I will give it until Monday and then make my claim.  I am certain the package has left the airport and people in South Atlanta are trying to get high off of the acid in the probiotics.

I hate waiting when you just know but maybe I will be pleasantly surprised and it will shake loose.  It will be the veryy first time that's ever happened.

I found Amazon actually does sell some of his products that Amazon itself fulfills so I may switch over to that from now on.  Going to lose my quantity discounts though.  Smiley Sad  They don't sell one of the biggies I use but I may switch over to someone else's brand and try that for a while.

Anyway, lunch time!           

Honored Contributor

@JudyL You brave scrapbook warrior!  I gave up years ago as my perfectionsim got in the way.  i need to just load everything to gold discs like my neighbor did.  She has all the discs in a binder and in clear archival pockets.  She puts in different discs daily....kinda cool.

@bopper I am sending your back and knees healing energy!  I cant believe the hair dresser.....boo!  My Salon was open for about a month and a half before it closed the other day.....i missed that window.

@Laura14 I need a hair cut!  I like it real short in back and tapered to longer in front.  It still looks okay....like a bob, but now i need to band it when i run....too much drippy sweaty bleckh.....

I get most my vitamins from amazon....great selection of vegan ones.

No run this am.  i am thirsty....tired.....prob dehydrated.  it's already sunny and in the 80s this am.  Son not canned yet. I need a week of normalcy. 

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G