Respected Contributor

WELCOME TO THE JULY EXERCISE THREAD

Image may contain: 1 person

Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE JULY EXERCISE THREAD

Good Morning and Happy July 1.   Hard to believe we are in July already.

This morning I sat on my deck and had my coffee.  It's the only time of the day it will have shade out there so I took advantage of it.  90's all week.  My poor hubby's business has no AC so when he unlocks the door it's already 84 inside and works in that all day.  It takes a lot out of you.

I will do yoga this morning, my hip is sore and I know it's from my run on the treadmill.  Dang it and I know I feel I could go farther than 2 miles but my hip is very tight and that's the only newer thing I have added so it has to be that.

Stay safe everyone!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everybody.  Muggy here, too, @bopper.  Your poor husband, in no AC.  Listen to the pain in your hip and don't overdo.

Cardio at my fitness center this morning.  I'm already worried that I shouldn't have restarted there and then I read that a Planet Fitness had a virus breakout and had to temporarily close.  I'm going to be watching to see if the gyms as a whole stay safe.  Yesterday I drove another big fitness center here, L. A. Fitness and their big parking lot was about half full which is more than I can say for mine which is about 1/5 full.  I'm talking about mornings, hopefully evenings are better.  I just don't want these businesses to close.  Don't want anyone's health at risk either, though.  Just heard a lady on the news who just got out of the hospital after contracting the virus say that she wore her mask all of the time but s lot of other people she encountered didn't.  When she first got sick, her temperature was 97!  Scary because these business are checking their employees that way.  My temperature is checked before I can enter my center.  Doesn't mean a lot, apparently.  

Hope everyone has a safe day!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I did my yoga routine on the new July calendar before work this morning. 

I woke up at 1am and stayed up until about 4am.  Finally gave it up at 5:30am and now I am at work waiting to get through the day.  Not really tired, yet, but just wide awake for some reason.  I even took my PM relax pill last night too.  I think I have been sleeping so well, my body is completely rested.  I wish!

I bought a new book by Dr. Amen and started some other new routines again.  I have decided to read at least one chapter before bed.  I am in love with it so far.  I've seen his PBS specials over the years and this book is really good.  Really simple stress busters that I am starting to try out at home and work.  I honestly can't wait to get back to it tonight and get to  the food part.

@Mmsfoxxie My BIL had his gym closed because an employee tested positive.  He was devastated.  He is a small business owner and that's his stress relief.  But the young people around here are spiking the curve again so I guess we'll see if this thing ever goes away.  I know I am beyond tired of it.  

I will also swap with your husband.  The new owners here like to keep it Eskimo cold so I am still in my winter clothes.  I would really love to break out my summer dresses just once.

@bopper Agree to go easy and let yourself heal.  When your body starts telling you to back off a bit, I've learned I am finally of an age where it's smart to listen unless you want to be out of the game even longer. 

I remember Adonis at the gym with leg and knee wraps lifting weights and then disappearing for six months to get well.  Big muscles small IQ.  If you just take a few days or (gasp!) even a week to heal yourself, you wouldn't have had to do that.  I know you know all of that and will take care of yourself.  Certain Muscle Men, well, you know.  Smiley Wink

Can I also say THANK YOU to everyone here who encouraged me to go ahead and buy LocknLock?  I love these things.  I cut up two heads of lettuce like three weeks ago and I am on my very last container and it's as fresh as the day I shredded it.

My supermarket was actually out of my lettuce again which I really don't get so as soon as I see more, I am buying more and stocking up like that again.  I can't believe lettuce is keeping fresh for three weeks plus.  It's amazing to me.  My supermarket is getting a little picked over again and I might break down and buy some TP while I can still find it.

I am writing an epistle here so I am stopping.  Wishing everyone a good day and healthy July.  Thank you @bopper  for giving us a place to be accountable and visit every day.  I really enjoy this thread.  Smiley HappyHeart     

Respected Contributor

Good morning all!

I had a big surprise in my inbox this morning--a $100 Amazon gift card from the executives at my company!  Just a thank you for this crazy year.  Which we are halfway through.  

Yesterday, I walked the new trail that just opened--it took me around 40 minutes from door to door.  It was longer than I thought and I was tired last night.  I'll be glad in the fall when I can walk that trail any time of the day and not just first thing in the morning.  I think it's probably close to 3 miles.

They officially canceled my LaBlast conference.  Of course, I canceled myself last week because the covid rates were going up again and I didn't want to get stuck in Florida.

Today--not doing much because I have my dance lesson at 3:30 and then staying over there for another class at 6.  I'll grab dinner at my favorite hole in the wall place that I used to go to before class.

One more get up until the long weekend.  I'm not going to touch a computer for 3 days.  

Hope you all have a great day!!

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.

@Laura14 watch out Laura - read on another thread that LocknLock is having another TSV on July 8.  Have no idea what it is but just thought I'd let you know.  LOL

Hope everyone has a good day.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL NO!!!  Smiley Surprised 

I wonder what it is.  I have no further need for storage and I got the two pitchers which I absolutely love.  They might tempt me with bowls since this set had none but I will try and remain calm.  Although I have recently been reorganizing my pantry and they better not which is all I have to say.

I did NOT need to hear that but thank you!!  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli, I don't blame you for not wanting to go to Florida right now.  My husband is supposed to go there for a fraternity conference on July 12 th and I can't believe it's not canceled.  He refuses to canceled himself out because he's on the program.  I swear, old men are very stubborn creatures .... I'll leave it at that.  I told him he has to quarantine himself in his part of the house for 14 days.  No touching or breathing on me.  I'm angry about it.  If I could afford it, I'd move to a hotel when he comes back for two weeks.  But if he gets sick, he'll need me, darn it.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 not to influence you in any way but the LocknLock bowls are really nice.  I have some both small and larger ones and really like them.  Just sayin'.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL I may have some saved in my cart waiting on a free shipping day.  😂