Honored Contributor

Unfortunately not knowing the physical sex of a person receiving the flu shot skewers the research not just in the USA but worldwide.

There is a study by WHO covering countries around the world, types of flu, and how men and women differ.

Another study indicates that female veterans receive less flu and pneumonia vaccines than their male veteran counterparts.

I don't care if somebody wants to call themselves X, Z, %, + or a bag of chips.  But research and statistics are extremely important to devise the best care around the world, and not just for the flu.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee  No doubt, why even ask? Not to mention, if the person is standing right in front of said Dr/Pharmacist I'm going out on a limb to say one glance and you can see what sex I am.

And again, who cares? Are they keeping stats on how many F vs M choose to get a flu shot? Betting not.

Why do they also want to know who your PCP is? Do they report back to let your Dr know you were there and got a flu shot? I know this doesn't happen. I email my own Dr know so he can jot it in my chart that I did get it.

Again, who really cares?

Esteemed Contributor

When I filled out the form (yesterday), there were only "F" and "M" boxes to check. I was specifically looking for the "None" box! Figured the ladies at the front desk would laugh if I asked what would happen if I checked it (although I would never do such aa thing). They are the greatest front desk women ever and have such fabulous humor! It's a joy to go into that office. How many people enjoy going to their PCP's office? 

Money screams; wealth whispers.