Honored Contributor

Update re My mom Lilac Tree is in rehab with broken hip and elbow

[ Edited ]

Hello, thank you all for your thoughtful words of support for Mom.  After a compressed disc fracture in her back left her mostly bedridden, last Sunday 7/9 Mom fell in the kitchen and broke her hip and elbow.  She had surgery on both the following day during which a pin and rod were implanted in her hip and a plate in her elbow.  She stayed in the hospital only 48 hours when Medicare decided it was time for her to be discharged to rehab, at which time she was released to a subacute facility.  She wasn't receiving the proper care there so was then transferred to acute rehab where she is now.  She will be in this rehab for a minimum of 4-6 weeks, after which we are hopeful she will be able to return home.  We're also hoping during this time, she will be able to login herself and get caught up with all of her wonderful friends here in the forum.

Thank you again for all your kind words, I'm sure you'll be hearing from her again soon.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

Re: My mom Lilac Tree is in rehab with broken hip and elbow

OMG what a rotten string of bad luck your poor Mom has had! Surely do hope she's in a facility where she will receive top notch care and that her recovery is quick and that she's not in pain. Thank you so much for the update.

Honored Contributor

I am so sorry to read this.  Blessings and healing prayers being sent to your mother.  Hope she recieves excellent care at the facility and can return as soon as possible.  She will be missed.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree.

I am so sorry to read your post about Mom. Please tell her I miss her posts and hope to read some real soon.

https://www.etcnepal.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Get-Well-Soon-Wishes-messages-and-quotes-for-friends.jpg

Respected Contributor

Thank you so much for the update, it is greatly appreciated. I am sorry to hear she had a fall, will keep her in prayer.

Honored Contributor

I am so sorry to hear this, and echo @shaggygirl.  Hopefully, healing will occur uneventfully and quickly.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the update on your Mom....poor thing!Heart

Wishing her a speedy recovery and look forward to her return!

Sending her cyber (((hugs)))!

Sending Love Light and prayers.jpeg

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Best wishes @LilacTreeHeart Take your time coming back. We miss you.

Honored Contributor

Oh no! 

I'm so sorry to hear this, but so glad she is getting to the right facility and on the mend. 

Best wishes and prayers, and please let her know we will miss her until she feels up to posting with us again.

Honored Contributor

9325A0DF-808A-46B5-883B-A64E053E4658.jpeg