Honored Contributor

Re: Update re My mom Lilac Tree is in rehab with broken hip and elbow

I updated the title because this is getting confusing.  There’s not much more to say on the subject at this point.  

I will always appreciate the wonderful responses you all gave, and the kindness and caring shown.  You are the best!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree , I am delighted to see you posting.  I  know you have been there and back and walking, no matter how few steps without a walker, deserves a big hurray.  It took me six months, yuck.  I am sorry your arm is giving you trouble and I know from experience how exasperating it is to have pain and no doctor can tell you why.  Hopefully someone will locate the source of the arm pain and fix it.

All of my pain is on my right side...sciatic down the back of the right leg, hip pain on the side of the leg.  For months I have been having severe pain throughout the entire leg and after four x-rays no one can figure out what it is.  I was suspecting bursitis but since an x-ray doesn't show it I am pushing for either a cat scan or MRI.  My hip surgeon is no help and I am seeing a new doctor.  So much for me, this post is supposed to be about you.

Once the weather starts to warm up it certainly will help with what ails you.  Cold weather is not our friend that's for sure.  I'm in AZ and our winter is very short, by the end of March we will be turning on the AC and I have noticed warm weather seems to be kinder to pain.   Cyberspace is full of lots of good thoughts going your way, sure hope it helps.  Take good care of yourself, looking forward to seeing more of you and always with good news.  Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  Can you try a chiropractor to see if that helps at all. My dh has a lot of sciatica and hip pain but he was helped by the chiropractor.His body was out of alignment and his nerves were compressed.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dex wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma  Can you try a chiropractor to see if that helps at all. My dh has a lot of sciatica and hip pain but he was helped by the chiropractor.His body was out of alignment and his nerves were compressed.

Chiropractic is not recommended for RD (RA) long term.  Knowing me it would send me into a flare.  Perhaps very gentle massage, but I'm not even sure about that.  I will research.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986