Honored Contributor

Look At This! For those battling medication resistant depression!

I was just reading on the news about this-

Trans magentic Stimulation.

Its a non-invasive, non-surgical, no anesthesia required, little side effects, treatment that people have said has saved and changed their life, some saying ha completely rid them of depression.

I'd never heard of it and it is said to be "a little known treatment."

You can search for it on Mayo Clinic website and many others.

I hope those who have had or have fmaily or friends who have had no success with the "merry-go-round of ineffective medications or unable to take because of side effects,

can have some hope with this!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Re: Look At This! For those battling medication resistant depression!

My daughter did this treatment almost two years ago, sad to say it did not work.

Honored Contributor

Thanks @on the bay   I'll take a look.  We are ever hopeful and consider all alternative modalities of pain relief...realize that not everything is going to work for everybody.

Honored Contributor

@panda1234   Sorry Woman Sad.

@panda1234 wrote:

My daughter did this treatment almost two years ago, sad to say it did not work.

Honored Contributor

Noninvasive, but sounds painful.  @panda1234   Did your daughter find it a painful experience?

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Noninvasive, but sounds painful.  @panda1234   Did your daughter find it a painful experience?

@phoenixbrd  Yes, it could be painful if the devices were not put in the correct place on the head. Otherwise, it was more of an uncomfortable feeling. It was quite a commitment to make, seven weeks everyday, off weekends. It was worth it to try, you never know what will work.

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 -

I'm so sorry. That is so disappointing.

I did read that it did not work for some.

Also that your head could feel sore for a little or a headache and the time involved.

It is always wonderful though to read about something that has helped some for whom nothing has so far.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

It also talked about how they have to find the right place to place it on the head, to find the right cells that regulate that depression.

Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@panda1234 -

I'm so sorry. That is so disappointing.

I did read that it did not work for some.

Also that your head could feel sore for a little or a headache and the time involved.

It is always wonderful though to read about something that has helped some for whom nothing has so far.

@on the bay   Yes, it is wonderful to read about others being helped when everything else has failed. I know our turn is coming.