Respected Contributor

Update on wifes brain surgery.

[ Edited ]

It was 13 months yesterday that my wife had brain surgery and I actually remember the name of her surgery. Chiara melmormation surgery. Well now she's doing really well. She has dropped like 100 pounds and got a new job being a bus driver for not a regular school but for a private company that handles students with special needs, behavior problems, none verbal and Alot of different issues .and its anywhere in the state. Granted we're in Rhode Island but its still Alot of driving. She absolutely loves it.she's always done child care but this is still with kids but not daycare anymore. She hadn't got into Decorating for holidays like she use to but in August she I'm totally getting onto wanting to decorating this year. And did she ever go nuts . we never had Halloween trees before and now be have 6.and before Halloween came she was researching on Amazon a Christmas trees and she added a few more trees and more decorations for Christmas. I said we have plenty of time to get more Christmas trees and she said no we don't. She said the b is back.the be is back. I couldn't write the b word but you all know what it is. So she's so herself again. She's done a better job this year than every before. Her surgeon told her to be very careful in cars to because you don't want to mess up your head June 17th someone made a turn into incoming traffic and Ria hit her.long story short bump and bruises she was ok but car was totalled but we ended up getting a Kia shortage that she's been wanting to get since our first Kia 20 years ago so Maria made a ful! Recovery thank you all for all your prayers and well wishes.

Respected Contributor

Re: Update on wifes brain surgery.

@Pooky1  That is such wonderful news.  My BF had a serious illness that took him a several months to recover from but it has permanently effected his health going forward.  

I'm so grateful for the recovery, but there is still some PTSD.  Every year on the anniversary of his getting sick, he still goes back to his memories of that time.  And I admit, that there are still times when I check on him during the night if I'm still up. 

Traumatic for the person who has been ill and also the caregivers. 

Wishing you and your wife continued good health. 

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1 What a wonderful update, glad she is doing so well!

Honored Contributor

How very wonderful!  Wishing you both continued good health.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

So glad to hear of her recovery. All the more reason to go all out this year.

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1

So glad to read such great news.

God Bless You All The Best To You GIF - God Bless You All The Best To You GIFs

Valued Contributor

Great news!

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1 

So glad you posted to let us know your wife's greyt progress. Seeing this is a happy spot in my day. 

Happy Holidays to you both ...

Man Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

It was 13 months yesterday that my wife had brain surgery and I actually remember the name of her surgery. Chiara melmormation surgery. Well now she's doing really well. She has dropped like 100 pounds and got a new job being a bus driver for not a regular school but for a private company that handles students with special needs, behavior problems, none verbal and Alot of different issues .and its anywhere in the state.

Granted we're in Rhode Island but its still Alot of driving. She absolutely loves it.she's always done child care but this is still with kids but not daycare anymore. She hadn't got into Decorating for holidays like she use to but in August she I'm totally getting onto wanting to decorating this year. And did she ever go nuts .

We never had Halloween trees before and now be have 6.and before Halloween came she was researching on Amazon a Christmas trees and she added a few more trees and more decorations for Christmas. I said we have plenty of time to get more Christmas trees and she said no we don't. She said the b is back.the be is back. I couldn't write the b word but you all know what it is. So she's so herself again.

She's done a better job this year than every before. Her surgeon told her to be very careful in cars to because you don't want to mess up your head June 17th someone made a turn into incoming traffic and Ria hit her.long story short bump and bruises she was ok but car was totalled but we ended up getting a Kia shortage that she's been wanting to get since our first Kia 20 years ago so Maria made a ful! Recovery thank you all for all your prayers and well wishes.

@Pooky1 

Glad to hear she is getting better. Best wishes to you both.

hckynut(john)🥅🏒 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@Pooky1 , what a gift this recovery is!  LM