Honored Contributor

Re: The dreaded mammogram call

Women are advised now to wait 30 days after vaccine to get mamms. My radiology ctr asked me when I was vaxxed and in what arm. Swollen lymph nodes are very common after the vaxx, giving false positives that something is wrong. I doubt most radiology ctrs are doing mamms if the vaccine was less than 30 days ago. 

Esteemed Contributor

It is ALWAYS welcome to see positive threads such as yours here! Congratulions!😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I had my yearly mammogram 3 weeks ago and a few days later I got the call to come back for a diagnostic mammogram and a breast ultrasound.  I didn't tell hubby or anyone except my friend who is a physician.  I didn't want to worry anyone and 3 weeks was such a long time to wait.  My friend explained it's not uncommon and 90% of the time repeat mammograms show nothing or it's something benign like a cyst. I didn't panic or overreact but I did think about it when things were quiet..  I'm fortunate,  just a tiny little cyst.  Of no significance at all.  Much too tiny to think about removing and unlikely to change.  No follow up, just continue with my yearly mammograms.  It's a big relief.  

So happy to hear you had a good outcome. That is not a call any of us like getting.

Same thing happened to me this year a couple of weeks before I had set my retirement date. My mind went to a bad place for a bit, but I was lucky to get an appointment same week as call. Said it was a cyst. What I did not expect was the  $800 bill for the ultrasound. Ugh. But better that than the alternative.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I had my yearly mammogram 3 weeks ago and a few days later I got the call to come back for a diagnostic mammogram and a breast ultrasound.  I didn't tell hubby or anyone except my friend who is a physician.  I didn't want to worry anyone and 3 weeks was such a long time to wait.  My friend explained it's not uncommon and 90% of the time repeat mammograms show nothing or it's something benign like a cyst. I didn't panic or overreact but I did think about it when things were quiet..  I'm fortunate,  just a tiny little cyst.  Of no significance at all.  Much too tiny to think about removing and unlikely to change.  No follow up, just continue with my yearly mammograms.  It's a big relief.  

So happy to hear you had a good outcome. That is not a call any of us like getting.

Same thing happened to me this year a couple of weeks before I had set my retirement date. My mind went to a bad place for a bit, but I was lucky to get an appointment same week as call. Said it was a cyst. What I did not expect was the  $800 bill for the ultrasound. Ugh. But better that than the alternative.

Your health insurnce didnt pay for the follow up??

Respected Contributor

WOW, @chrystaltree, I could have written this exact same post myself, although my experience was many years ago. I told NO ONE. I had to wait a long time for the follow-up so I did begin to get a little panicky. I made an appt. with my doctor, who was also a friend, and although he was generally a man of few words he really stepped up and calmed me right down. I remember it so well and I'm grateful to him to this very day. Thank you, Ben. Woman Happy      

Respected Contributor

I went for a mammogram yesterday morning.  Later in the day I found out that all was ok.  Last year after my mammogram I got a call the next day, so the following day I had to go for the diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound.  Thankfully,  all was ok after that.  Glad you're ok!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I am so glad that you received good news. 

I totally understand not informing family members, why worry them needlessly. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

That is great news....

Did you know the percentage of women that actually go for their mammograms is less than 50%.....I was amazed when the nurse told me that.

Not going doesn't mean nothing is wrong.

@Just Bling 

I have a friend that has never had a mammogram. I will not get into her reasons why, since that is not what this thread is about.

So far it has worked out for her, but I would not be able to take not knowing. I am like clock work. I get a mammogram every year. Even last year during COVID.

Super Contributor

@Luvsmyfam  I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone in getting that dreaded call back, with bad news. I also had early stage breast cancer (15 years ago!) and radiation and medication. I hope you are doing well. Take care.

Respected Contributor

i am doing fine now and thank you for your kind words wiscfan3