Honored Contributor

I had my yearly mammogram 3 weeks ago and a few days later I got the call to come back for a diagnostic mammogram and a breast ultrasound.  I didn't tell hubby or anyone except my friend who is a physician.  I didn't want to worry anyone and 3 weeks was such a long time to wait.  My friend explained it's not uncommon and 90% of the time repeat mammograms show nothing or it's something benign like a cyst. I didn't panic or overreact but I did think about it when things were quiet..  I'm fortunate,  just a tiny little cyst.  Of no significance at all.  Much too tiny to think about removing and unlikely to change.  No follow up, just continue with my yearly mammograms.  It's a big relief.  

Valued Contributor

Re: The dreaded mammogram call

Good news!!

Respected Contributor

Congratulations on your good news.

Honored Contributor

What a relief ! 🌺

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Wonderful news💕

Respected Contributor

Glad to hear your good news.

Honored Contributor

Great news.

@chrystaltree  Did they do a 3D mammogram or regular?

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

so glad it was a great outcome.  I too have been called back, only unlike you I totally freaked out.  Again, Nothing there. Would so much rather have them err on the side of caution this way.

Treat yourself to something special.  You handled it like a champ

Valued Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I had my yearly mammogram 3 weeks ago and a few days later I got the call to come back for a diagnostic mammogram and a breast ultrasound.  I didn't tell hubby or anyone except my friend who is a physician.  I didn't want to worry anyone and 3 weeks was such a long time to wait.  My friend explained it's not uncommon and 90% of the time repeat mammograms show nothing or it's something benign like a cyst. I didn't panic or overreact but I did think about it when things were quiet..  I'm fortunate,  just a tiny little cyst.  Of no significance at all.  Much too tiny to think about removing and unlikely to change.  No follow up, just continue with my yearly mammograms.  It's a big relief.  

@chrystaltree  That was wonderful news for you.  I'm glad that most doctors reviewing our mammograms are being extra diligent in their examinations.  You can't  be sure until all the tests are completed and the results are back.  

Respected Contributor

Good news, you are OK!!  I've been called back a couple times, and it's not a happy feeling!  You are smart to get your mammos, so keep that up on a regular basis.

One thing that has been found is that getting the vaccine can cause an immune reaction seen on mammograms, so for anyone getting a mammo soon, you might ask about this at the screening office, especially if you have had a vaccine recently.