Honored Contributor

I was at walgreens to pick up a Rx and while I was there I got my flu and my enhanced pneumonia shots. The nurse said they are already seeing patients come in with Rx for tamiflu so it is in the area.

Honored Contributor

Yes, we got our Flu shots last week and opted for the regular Flu shot.  I got my Pneumonia shot (I've had one every 5 years for 20 years) at the doctor's.  DH got his

Pneumonia shot at the same time he got his Flu shot last week (his first) and will get the follow up to it next year.  I really believe in them..... can't remember having the flu in at least 20 uyears..... Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Several ER patients have tested positive for flu here in southern WV in the last 2 weeks.   

Trusted Contributor

We got ours a few weeks ago, while at the doctor's. They had the shots available, so got them there. I am considered a high-risk patient, so I always get a shot. 

Honored Contributor

It seems like every pharmacy around here is pushing flu shots - whether in-supermarket, big box, or stand-alone.  There must be a lot of money in it for them.

Honored Contributor

I have never in my life had the flu or pneumonia.  Have not had a cold since 1968.

No shots for me. 

My motto:  "Don't fix what ain't broken"

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Saw my GP today and they were already out of the senior shot.  Maybe more tomrrow, but one of the staff told me that the last promise for delivery that was made was not kept.

The doctor suggested I wait no longer than a few weeks to see if the senior shot became available and if not to just go to any pharmacy and have a regular shot; apparently some coverage is better than no coverage.

Regular Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

I have never in my life had the flu or pneumonia.  Have not had a cold since 1968.

No shots for me. 

@Mz iMac

Congratulations on not having contracted the flu.  The odds are against anyone who has never had it from maintaining that record, meaning that you will some day contract a version of the flu.  ~99% chance.

I've not had very many bouts of flu in my 68 years, perhaps 6, but respect what viruses do once they get into your body:  the DNA/RNA/rRNA of the virus enters your body cell and goes straight for your DNA where it attaches itself and goes to work doing its bad deeds. That's why it's so difficult to kill a virus: you kill a virus living in your cells and you kill your cells. 

Have a great winter!

Honored Contributor

Ok, in another thread I mentioned I had the flu and pneumonia (2nd) shots. This was last Fri., that the shots were done. My arm is better today, (flu shot arm) it's been palm size red and quite warm in the area (and swollen) just below where the shot was given. For my age they recommended a higher dosage, so I guess that's why. Slightest of slight headache that went away with Ibprofen, only early morning. It didn't hurt during that time, and I slept on that side every night. So just passing this on to those who get the higher dosage this time. This is how my arm responded. No big deal.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

No shots for me. 

Congratulations!  I do not get sick or get colds easily either but I had the Asian Flu (yes, that many years ago) and it was the sickest I have ever been.  Never again if I can help it.  I will get a Flu shot.