Respected Contributor

I guess it's not really lovely, but it was to me as it in the front right, far enough overoso it can't be see, thank goodness! The dentist couldn't save it,Snot much left of it. Of course they always find more. In doing the X-ray up there he found that I had (have) an abcess in the gum and it is a bridge tooth that I don't dare lose.

So, a root canal for me, the one who is terrorized even of the thought. Surprise, these people are just awesome, used mint gas to help relax me. It was draining some and he medicated it and closed it up, go back the 28th and hope it can be finished.

It is an Affordable Care Dentist so not as much as I thought. Whew.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Honored Contributor

Re: My Lovely Tooth Broke

[ Edited ]

I feel for you, I have part two of my root canal next week, it really was not so terrible and only took 45 minutes. Anything is worth it to save a tooth.

Esteemed Contributor

I've had that happen - I think I'd rather have a root canal than a filling replacement on a live tooth.  The abcess means the tooth is dying so the "clean out" isn't painful.  And you are numb.

Gotta save those teeth!

Good luck to you.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Oh that's no fun. I had an once & had a root canal. First I had to do a couple rounds of antibiotics, root canal & crown. Waste of money since I had to have it pulled. DH broke a tooth & just had a crown put on. He also has another tooth he broke that the hygienist mentioned a filling. Must not be broke enough for a crown. The dentist told him he could fix it or leave it.

Respected Contributor

I have spent so much time in dental chairs over my life it is not funny.  Goes to say I have also invested a lot of money in my teeth.  As some poster has said " Gotta save those teeth "!!!"

There was one day that started with the dentist redoing a crowned tooth that was 25+ years old ( right in front ):  it broke off at the gumline.  He had his friend, an endodontist, fit me in to do a root canal immediately.  I drove over still numb and got "numb-er" for the procedure.  Went back to my dentist when he was done to get the temporary crown.  I must have spent close to 5 hours in various chairs.   Before this, I was the best patient-- relaxed and able to sit still --- no longer the case.

I used to think that once a root canal no other misfortune could befall that tooth.  Wrong, that devil tooth that was root " canalled "years later had to be dug out.  My new modern dentist was able to replace it with a fake tooth fitted into a new 6-tooth front crown configuration.

He's into all the new technology and does basically the whole procedure from start to finish in his office.

The thing I love about his philosophy: "Every body leaves with teeth !"

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Knock on wood, root canals are no pain for me. Shots not gas. So I don't mind till I have to pay the bill, then I feel the pain. LOL