Esteemed Contributor

Re: Test Your Child?

[ Edited ]

@KarenQVC wrote:

for covid.  If your child gets the symptoms would you have him/her tested?  Some moms are blocking testing so the schools the kids attend won't close.  A sort of pact among moms.

I would want to know for the sake of my child.

@KarenQVC I would definitely test my child. Whether their death rate is low or not isn't the issue. It's about the safety of the school staff, administrators- and also the virus transmission (asymptomatic or not)  being brought home. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't have children, so I don't know how I would react. It would probably depend on how things are going on in my area with COVID. 

BTW, when the name calling starts, the poster loses any credibility with me. There is no need for that. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

I don't have children, so I don't know how I would react. It would probably depend on how things are going on in my area with COVID. 

BTW, when the name calling starts, the poster loses any credibility with me. There is no need for that. 

@teganslaw re: name calling, that's what society has (wrongfully)  become as of late.... Woman Mad the divisiveness needs to stop!

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@hckynut , If you are a parent ,you will do what is best for your child, because you love them more than anyone.If my granddaughters came down with the symptoms of this virus, i would stress to my son,to have them tested.Not a child's fault there is not enough testing in place.

@goldensrbest 

Thank you for your reply.  I will refer back to my 1st post in this thread about "children". However not the Insurance Industry's view of "being considered children till age 26"! Really!!

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I think age 26 is a fair standard for economic maturity in these times.  So many young people go to professional and grad school and don't have real jobs until that age.

I was 25 before I had a real job.  The 6 years of college paid off in the long run.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

The risk of "children" dying from the ******* Virus are about the same as me dying of young age. Next to zero. With a 0.2% of dying, that is probably lower than then them dying of the flu.

I see many things worse than a "child" getting sick in this shutdown scenario. Children have always gotten sick, and with this ***** Virus? Sure they might get sick, but I am guessing those playing off the children, are the same ones that say: "Oh but they will pass it on to Gramps and Gramms"!

Guess nowadays "children" should all be put in a protective bubble. Slides are too dangerous/teeter totters/jungle jim /a merry-go-round. Now it's the virus with the 99.8% chance of surviving if contracted. Guess if it ain't 100%, keep 'em locked up and buy that bubble?   SMH 

hckynut

What about the teachers and others who work and volunteer at the schools?  There are many adults in the school buildings and many are not young or healthy.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

C'mon, how many parents will pump the kid full of tylenol to bring a fever down and then send the kid off to school or day care. 

Yeah it happens.

They send them to school with tummy problems too.  I have seen kids throw up on themselves and others and leave a trail in the hall way.  This in turn causes a snow ball effect.  Other kids gag and throw up at the sight of it.

I had to throw away a brand new pair of shoes that were ruined by a sick child.  I only wore tham that one time.

You would be surprised to know that their parents were not poor working people...just a poor excuse for parents.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree 

Your post has too many specifics, many of which cannot be factual. You say "long term"! I guess your definition of that is measured in months,  I measure it in years and decades.

You mention many things like "possible" heart damage, yet say nothing about those with heart disease not being able to get treatment. Nor cancer patients unable to get cancer treatments.

Thousands in severe pain, unable to get what some like to call "elective surgeries". Like ruptured spinal discs, elective sure, intensive/agonizing pain, yet elective? Ask someone suffering with it!

In my view there is no "long term" consensus on this ******* Virus, because it hasn't yet been long term enough for even doctors or scientists to proclaim "long term". If only "studies" were your version of "long term", meds or maybe even cures were found in 7 months. One can dream, eh?

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut wrote:

@goldensrbest 

Thank you for your reply.  I will refer back to my 1st post in this thread about "children". However not the Insurance Industry's view of "being considered children till age 26"!

Really!!

hckynut 

The insurance industry did not come up with the idea to allow 26 year old adults to be still considered children.  

This is a mandated benefit attached to the Affordable Care Act and HIPAA.

I have seen married couples who each had health insurance benefits under their parents contracts.  Crazy, for sure.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Thankfully, I do not live in a place where people are that selfish, mean and uneducated about Covid 19 or so unconcerend about the health of their own children or the community.  

Wow, do you know everyone in your community and what they do, what choices they make? 

You must live in Utopia......where no one is selfish, mean, or uneducated about Covid........lucky you....Woman Frustrated

@tends2dogs 

Makes it sound that way. During a lock down(whatever one chooses to call it) and a proponent of stay at home! Yet somehow is cognizant of everything around? Good trick if one can pull it off. I sure can't!

hckynut 

hckynut(john)