Honored Contributor

@Free2be 

I know it's much easier when none of these tempting goodies are in the house!  However, DH has some of these things and he has a right to enjoy them occasionally, so they're always around.  It does make it more challenging, that's for sure!  Same with me --- around 20 lbs would be my goal.  I am being really good though --- at least for me!  I have had no candy at all in almost 4 weeks!  I am allowing myself one piece of cake or one baked goodie a week.  I have not gotten on the scale yet because I am afraid that if I have not lost, I will be depressed and get discouraged and get back my old habits.  It is hard --- very hard!  Hang in there --- we can do it!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I just wanted to add a comment regarding my Sugar = Addicted topic that I started several months ago.  I have not had ANY ---- I repeat --- ANY --- candy in 3 months!  I have limited my goodies consumption to one baked treat, such as a slice of cake to once a week!  In the beginning it was terribly hard.  It has gotten easier.  I still see different things --- various chocolate candies or baked goods --- and get this strong desire for them --- but so far --- have been able to resist.  I had wanted to lose close to 20 lbs.  I haven't done that well, unfortunately, but I have managed to lose about 10.  So --- just wanted to post my progress!  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 -

That is wonderful- I know that is a very hard thing to do

I admire your courage and I bet it feels good to see results!

congratulations!

and don't feel bad if you don't do great one day-just get back on the horse!😀 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

Congrats to you. Sounds like you have got the upper hand on this and are calling the shots. Those that want to lose some weight usually fair better in the long run by losing it slowly.

Pat yourself on the back, you deserve it.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

Thank you!  I guess I just needed a little bit of encouragement!  Feeling like I should have done better!  But --- well, at least I'm trying!  

Honored Contributor

@hckynut 

Thank you --- I appreciate that!! 

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I just wanted to add a comment regarding my Sugar = Addicted topic that I started several months ago.  I have not had ANY ---- I repeat --- ANY --- candy in 3 months!  I have limited my goodies consumption to one baked treat, such as a slice of cake to once a week!  In the beginning it was terribly hard.  It has gotten easier.  I still see different things --- various chocolate candies or baked goods --- and get this strong desire for them --- but so far --- have been able to resist.  I had wanted to lose close to 20 lbs.  I haven't done that well, unfortunately, but I have managed to lose about 10.  So --- just wanted to post my progress!  Woman Happy

Just wanted to congratulate you @AngelPuppy1  on your success in not eating candy. It is particularly hard during this season with all the Easter candy in the stores. Stay the course! I gave up all desserts last year and the multitude of benefits are amazing. Who knew how much sugar can affect so many aspects of our health.

Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations @AngelPuppy1 

You have taken a healthy path.  It really does get easier when you get the taste out of your system.

Dont forget to read those labels, they try to sneak sugar or sweetners in.

Honored Contributor

I do think some people have a harder time with sugar addictions than others. I've seen this with friends and family. I do believe it's addictive though.

Honored Contributor

Re: Sugar = Addicted!

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1, I have to deal with a sweets loving husband, too.  It's the pits.  I finally insisted that he only buy candy, cookies and ice cream flavors that I don't like.  It's still difficult sometimes.