Honored Contributor

@happycat wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@happycat wrote:

Me too, in the last year, I have gained 20 lbs, it was surprisingly easy. Why is it so much easier to gain than to lose?

I'm thinking of doing noom.

@happycat 

Same here.  I have gained 20 pounds during Covid because all I do is cook and think of high-calorie meals to cook.

Me too. Then this past week, I had the big idea to just eat cereal for supper, and eat early by 5. Do you know I ate cherrios with skim milk sweetened with splenda (I love Cherrios) for supper every night, other than a cheeseburger for lunch one day, I ate regularly. And I didn't lose any weight. Still 190. This is ridiculous. 

This is why some people's scales end up in the backyard. 

@happycat 

LOL.  I don't think my scales have been used in years.  I do weigh DH daily, however.  ;-)

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

If you're serious about reducing sugar intake for health reasons, read up on why low carb and keto diets work for so many.  No diet is for everyone, but many do quite well on those diets, and maintaining after weight loss.

Another thing I've found helpful ....  if you are craving sweets, chances are you need to consume more good quality protein.   

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd 

I appreciate your encouraging post!  Yes, just like any "addicting behavior", it's always an issue.  I don't know what causes me to go off at times, except I know that I am an emotional eater.  It helps knowing that others struggle as well!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

Structured diets don't work for me.  I just can't handle them.  I have tried and tried.  Protein is a regular part of my diet.  I feel for the most part sugar is just something I enjoy!  Unfortunately...... 

Honored Contributor

I know a lot of people weigh themselves each and every morning.  I don't.  I rarely weigh myself.  I know that even when I have been on strict diets, I fluctuate wildly --- up and down.  When I would go up after having been really good on my diet, I would get very discouraged and tend to give up.  So, I've learned that the best approach for me is just to get on the scale sparingly!