Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

Thank you -- that's very kind. But I am not on WW.  I was on it for awhile probably about 25 years ago and I did not do very well on it.  I don't have any plans to go on a structured diet as of right now, but I am just concentrating on the sugar thing.  I might pop over just to see what you are all up to and chime in if I feel I have anything noteworthy to add!  Woman Happy

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@tototwo 

I don't ever remember leaving half a cookie --- LOL!  Good on you!  I hope I get to this point some day!!!  Fingers crossed...

Honored Contributor

Hi, everyone!

I just want to thank you all for your replies and comments and tips -- and also for commiserating with me!  It helps me a lot to share this with you and know that I'm not the only one struggling with this.  No guarantees --- I am going day by day and really trying hard!  I believe I replied to all, but if I did not, it was an oversight and not on purpose.  Thanks again and blessings to all!  

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

Our plan is the one that was successful.   Quick Success gals were the one that lost.  We're sharing food prep and a few recipes too.

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Effie54 

I know what you mean.  I know several people who say --- I couldn't care less about sweets! But they do love salty snacks and this is not really good either!  Your treat sounds good! 

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Effie54 

I know what you mean.  I know several people who say --- I couldn't care less about sweets! But they do love salty snacks and this is not really good either!  Your treat sounds good! 

Thank you! It really does hit the spot when you're looking for something sweet. And during these times of Covid, I think we all looked for a tiny bit of indulgence. My family all say they don't eat sweets, but watch out - they guard their potato chips with an armed Pinkerton guard. LOL. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Still Raining 

Did it take you very long to not crave it any more?  I am wondering if I will ever really get that way.  Yes, I remember that --- I would never have thought that!

@AngelPuppy1 

No, after a while you be fine.  

I started with fats after gall bladder surgery and then went for the gold and got rid of salt and sugar.  So that cold turkey was a shock.  

Takes a long time to look at labels initially.  Fat/sugar/sweetners/salt/refined carbs seem to come together.  

A couple of summers ago I took the grands on a road trip, outside cell range 😩, to fossil beds.  And there was subway!!!  Those buns were a shock.

Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

I'm with @Still Raining on this.  I gave up "whites" years ago.  This includes sugar, white bread, white rice, potatoes....  I admit I will eat a small amount of potato a couple times a week.  Oopsie.  It was difficult at first, but I no longer crave it.   I can eat 1/2 of a cookie, put it down and walk away.   My husband brings home oodles of sweet snacks and I'm not even tempted.    Once you break yourself from sugars, you no longer want it.

@tototwo 

Way to go!

I keep sugar in the house since I have hummers year round.  But now I see that it is a very simple, heavy flavor.  Coats the mouth with no satisfaction.  

A pear, that is different, something to work with.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

Many years ago I read that when someone is craving sugar, it probably means they aren't getting enough protein.  Is it true?  Based on my personal experience, yes, I think so.  If I find myself wanting more sugar, I go for protein, instead. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 

Many years ago I read that when someone is craving sugar, it probably means they aren't getting enough protein.  Is it true?  Based on my personal experience, yes, I think so.  If I find myself wanting more sugar, I go for protein, instead. 

I don't know --- I must want or need an awful lot of protein!!! Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

I don't bring deserts in the house but I like a nibble of chocolate now and then and if it is too convenient to my reach, I can be in trouble very quickly.  Another weakness is dried mango.  So good but also quite sweet, I have to use restraint to have no more than three.  I put the bag out of reach for awhile because I was misbehaving too often.

I'd like to lose 20 pounds and am stuck on the same scale number even though I've not been very bad.  It's hard!