Respected Contributor

Pignolias..pine nuts..are very soft, nutritious and delicious.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Yes, I pretty much quit eatting anything really hard and crunchy... certain nuts, popcorn with the chance of a kernal, etc.  I have had too many teeth problems steming from hard foods.

@SeaMaiden   Same with me ,  first it was a seed from quinoa chips,  so much for eating healthy  😀lol. Then what is called sponge candy ,  let me say should be called hard as a rock candy .!!!!   Can't afford anymore trouble with my teeth .  I refrain from anything crunchy or hard as well not worth the pain or problem!!

@Kitty Galore   as good as nuts are for you... they just are hard on the teeth.

Best not to eat them dry, but to soak them. Actually it is healthier to soak and eat nuts and seeds VS eating them as they are.

You digest more of the good in the nut AND SEEDS.... soaked plus, many seeds like flax seed have a coating that inhibits digestion of the seed( natures way of proliferation! )  and soaking them allows that coating to be broken so the body can digest it totally.

This is how I eat my Almonds.. as well as walnuts....  soaked  and you can buy them sprouted as well if you prefer to eat a crunch whole almond....and when I buy my flax seeds or meal,   I buy it as sprouted meaning that it has been soaked.

Well this his is sure good to know ,  I'm going to try soaking the nuts cause I do love them , but sorry about my teeth when I do eat them.  Thanks for the info!😺

Esteemed Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

@Justice4all wrote:

Love pignolia cookies ,  and pesto 😺. True,  they are soft.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Yes, I pretty much quit eatting anything really hard and crunchy... certain nuts, popcorn with the chance of a kernal, etc.  I have had too many teeth problems steming from hard foods.

I eat popcorn real carefully

One day a kernal  of popcorn got stuck inside my  gum and the dentist had to cut it out