Esteemed Contributor

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Ouch!! No I haven’t heard of it either. At least it wasn’t a fracture. Take care and you have your computer to do the talking for you. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, I pretty much quit eatting anything really hard and crunchy... certain nuts, popcorn with the chance of a kernal, etc.  I have had too many teeth problems steming from hard foods.

Honored Contributor

My husband's prayed for that for me for ages. LOLOLOLOLOL

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Yes, I pretty much quit eatting anything really hard and crunchy... certain nuts, popcorn with the chance of a kernal, etc.  I have had too many teeth problems steming from hard foods.

I eat popcorn real carefully

Respected Contributor

Re: Sprained tooth

[ Edited ]

@Nancy Drew

I did the same 2 weeks ago..I thought I fractured a root..looked it up on Dr. Google and saw it possibly was a sprained ligament..started chewing on the other side, nothing hard, and it subsided days and days later.

Respected Contributor

Re: Sprained tooth

[ Edited ]

I learn something new all the time. I never heard of a tooth sprain. I’m surprised that peanuts are hard enough to cause problems. Who knew?

The hardest thing I eat are pretzels. I had to gave up my favorite snack - popcorn - because of the hulls and kernels getting stuck between my teeth and under my bridge.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nancy Drew, I have never heard of a sprained tooth, but I hope that you feel better very soon.  I cannot imagine how painful that is.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden   Same with me ,  first it was a seed from quinoa chips,  so much for eating healthy  😀lol. Then what is called sponge candy ,  let me say should be called hard as a rock candy .!!!!   Can't afford anymore trouble with my teeth .  I refrain from anything crunchy or hard as well not worth the pain or problem!!

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden   Same with me ,  first it was a seed from quinoa chips,  so much for eating healthy  😀lol. Then what is called sponge candy ,  let me say should be called hard as a rock candy .!!!!   Can't afford anymore trouble with my teeth .  I refrain from anything crunchy or hard as well not worth the pain or problem!!

@Kitty Galore   as good as nuts are for you... they just are hard on the teeth.

Best not to eat them dry, but to soak them. Actually it is healthier to soak and eat nuts and seeds VS eating them as they are.

You digest more of the good in the nut AND SEEDS.... soaked plus, many seeds like flax seed have a coating that inhibits digestion of the seed( natures way of proliferation! )  and soaking them allows that coating to be broken so the body can digest it totally.

This is how I eat my Almonds.. as well as walnuts....  soaked  and you can buy them sprouted as well if you prefer to eat a crunch whole almond....and when I buy my flax seeds or meal,   I buy it as sprouted meaning that it has been soaked.