Regular Contributor

Re: Smoking, Eating, Exercising, Weight Training

Nantucket-this is the best post I've read in a long time! Congratulations and good luck! Wow-we all need to take your advice and do something for ourselves.

Respected Contributor

Congratulaltions! It's not easy taking the lbs. off considering how easy they go on! I'm 60 and for the past year have really been working at changing my eating habits and exercising regularly. I've lost 18 lbs so far and I'd love to lose another 10 lbs but the with holidays just around the corner my goal is going to try not to put that weight back on. I try to eat healthy but I will treat myself once in a while. When I went for my annual physcial my doctor was pleased with my progress. Good luck to everyone who's trying to get more fit and healthy!

Respected Contributor

On 11/20/2014 Hayfield said:

Congratulaltions! It's not easy taking the lbs. off considering how easy they go on! I'm 60 and for the past year have really been working at changing my eating habits and exercising regularly. I've lost 18 lbs so far and I'd love to lose another 10 lbs but the with holidays just around the corner my goal is going to try not to put that weight back on. I try to eat healthy but I will treat myself once in a while. When I went for my annual physcial my doctor was pleased with my progress. Good luck to everyone who's trying to get more fit and healthy!

You know and this is for everyone..... the Holidays around the corner, that's the key.

I was asked, can you not eat this food anytime during the year? Why does a Holiday have to be celebrated with food? Are these days of the year any different than any other day of the year? Does a Holiday have to mean pig out and eat until you can't stuff anymore food in?

Growing up, yes, a Holiday meant food and lots of food and a lot of calories and then a nap. Now that I have the realization that it shouldn't mean that, I have gotten a lot better and remind myself, what's available during the Holidays is always available any other time of the year so it's no big deal.

Respected Contributor

2 more pounds down, another session this morning, a big Holiday coming tomorrow and yes, I'll be good.

There is nothing I'm having tomorrow that I can't have Friday or even next week.

This is a great time of year for fresh vegetables, the broccoli looked really green and fresh, love those Brussels sprouts...why? I don't know and of course, a little squash.

Hope everyone has a great dinner where ever you may go, mine's at home, no company and just a quiet day (I hope)