Honored Contributor
On 11/6/2014 minkbunny said:

Ford, my husband was in the hospital 129 days straight this past calendar year, critically ill.

He recently asked about the shingles shot and was told the same as you. They wouldn't risk giving it to him right now.

I am sorry you left your doctor's office even more confused. I will say that my husband (he had mild cholesterol issues) couldn't tolerate any statin until a surgeon friend of ours suggested my husband do the same as the doctor does - he takes Zocor, Monday, Wednesday and Friday only. It has worked for years, no pain issues and his cholesterol is even below the desired levels. Hope you can find something that works for you as well.

Glad you are feeling better, littleblue {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Oh no minkbunny . . . not your cowboy!! I hope he is okay now. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Contributor

I had shingles March 15 of this year. Had chest pain on a Saturday and went to the walk-in-clinic and was diagnosed and given Valtrex. It lasted a month and then went into Guillian Barre Syndrome which I have had five times now. It is an autoimmune disease like MS. I could not take the shingles shot because it is a live virus and it would have given me Guillian Barre Syndrome again anyway. I just take my chances. GBS lasts about a year. I am still weak, nervous and tired most of the time.