Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

My sister-in-law who was in misery for months and actually walking with a cane is another one who was helped tremendously by an epidural shot. It's been about 6 weeks now and she's still feeling the relief it gave her.

@shaggygirl 

I had several epidurals for my L-3. Each one lasted less time. First one lasted about a month and the last one I had didn't even last a week. Thus my 2nd surgery. 

But, like I said in my other post, my discs were completely ruptured and the "gel" pieces were in my spinal canal. Once that happens, there is no putting it back in.

I watched by Spinal Doctor do the surgery on a monitor. My Doctor is a good friend of mine since the early '90's, played in my hockey league. Asked if I wanted to watch and, if possible, I like watching any procedure I have had.

Watched my 2nd heart attack Stent Angioplasty. Saw my 100% plugged Right  Coronary Artery appear when he opened it with the Stent. Loved every minute of it. Same with the removal of my ruptured L-3 Spinal Disc. Very interesting to me to watch that 2 hour procedure.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

My sister-in-law who was in misery for months and actually walking with a cane is another one who was helped tremendously by an epidural shot. It's been about 6 weeks now and she's still feeling the relief it gave her.

@shaggygirl 

I had several epidurals for my L-3. Each one lasted less time. First one lasted about a month and the last one I had didn't even last a week. Thus my 2nd surgery. 

But, like I said in my other post, my discs were completely ruptured and the "gel" pieces were in my spinal canal. Once that happens, there is no putting it back in.

I watched by Spinal Doctor do the surgery on a monitor. My Doctor is a good friend of mine since the early '90's, played in my hockey league. Asked if I wanted to watch and, if possible, I like watching any procedure I have had.

Watched my 2nd heart attack Stent Angioplasty. Saw my 100% plugged Right  Coronary Artery appear when he opened it with the Stent. Loved every minute of it. Same with the removal of my ruptured L-3 Spinal Disc. Very interesting to me to watch that 2 hour procedure.

hckynut(john)

@hckynut 

You're another one on here who has gone through so much. You are one incredibly tough & resilient person. Maybe in another life you'll be a doctor and help others as you've been helped by so many medical people. :-) I hope you've seen the last of any operating rooms!

Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@shaggygirl 

hckynut(john)

You're another one on here who has gone through so much. You are one incredibly tough & resilient person. Maybe in another life you'll be a doctor and help others as you've been helped by so many medical people. :-) I hope you've seen the last of any operating rooms!

I Agree with you. Plus @hckynut is very BRAVE!!