Honored Contributor

@89135 

Thanks for brining that one to my attention!   I hadn't seen that one before. 

Pixio Gel looks good -  I may just buy that one too!  I won't have to move this one from chair to chair!

----------------------------------------------

@89135 wrote:

@ALRATIBA.. I also noticed a Plixio Gel seat cushion..sounds the same as you mentioned but with cooling Gel..I am going to order one . Do you think the Gel would be better...? Also lists yours both with great ratings

Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

I have severe pain from sciatica and need help to treat it on my own.  I can't go to a doctor right now because of the pandemic.  Thanks for any info!!

@fortune   There are exercises one can do, DH does them with wonderful improvement, no pain any longer.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SCIATICA--HOW TO TREAT

[ Edited ]

@89135 

I ordered the cushion and it was delivered today.  I have been sitting on it for several hours and am in awful pain.   What is interesting is when I get  up my whole back feels so much better then it did before.  My big problem now is the pain while sitting...perhaps my body just has to get used to it. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma   Which cushion did you get?  I ordered the Gel one but haven't received it yet..Sorry to hear you have pain while sitting..Not good news..Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

@89135 wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma   Which cushion did you get?  I ordered the Gel one but haven't received it yet..Sorry to hear you have pain while sitting..Not good news..Smiley Sad

@89135 ...I ordered the one with the gel too and it came yesterday.  I will say it is going to take a while to get used to it.  It raises you and it is not soft by any means.   I find that my leg pain gets no relief at all while sitting on the cushion and I may be getting some lower back pain relief.  It will take a few days to get used to it and figure it out.  Good luck with yours, hope it works for you.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

I just got it.  It is mainly for people who have pain in the coccyx.  I haven't tried it yet--will let you know.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@fortune wrote:

I have severe pain from sciatica and need help to treat it on my own.  I can't go to a doctor right now because of the pandemic.  Thanks for any info!!

@fortune   There are exercises one can do, DH does them with wonderful improvement, no pain any longer.

@mousiegirl 

Which exercises does he do that help the most?

Respected Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@fortune wrote:

@mousiegirl 

Which exercises does he do that help the most?

@mousiegirl 

Which exercises does DH do that help the most?  Thanks in advance!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If acute and recent injury, ICE deadens the nerves and the pain. Heat brings more blood flow and more pain. Use heat after pain gets better to promote healing. 
If You can walk, ok to do that a little every hour or two, but NO targeted exercise or massage on the area until the pain gets better-

Ibuprofen is best, anti-inflammatory. But it can be tough on the stomach.

I hope you feel better soon. It toook 3 weeks for me to get relief. I actually needed to be on gabapentin. That helped.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

This BeActive Sleeve really helped me 2 yrs ago when I had Sciatica...A nurse mentioned this and then a week later someone at my car dealership overheard me talking to someone about my sciatica and mentioned this also. So I went and bought one and it really helped....In fact, have it on now because of some lower leg painBeActive.jpg